(Topic ID: 145667)

GOT enters the Pinside top 100 at 5th, WNBJM at 30th.

By WaddleJrJr

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is Game of Thrones a top 10 pin?”

• Yes 28 votes
    14%
  • No 57 votes
    29%
  • Too early to decide 110 votes
    56%

(195 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

200px-Garfield_BFHD.jpg
pasted_image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpg
sm.png
woz.png
st.png
met.png
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

I just gave a good review for Joker Poker...need to raise that bad boy up a bit from #17.

#52 8 years ago

Joker Poker was a fun game when I had it. Both versions. Very fast.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm too busy being outraged that Abra Ca Dabra has been knocked out of #1 down to #9!

Ouch!

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm kind of surprised Rocket is now at #2. But given time those with ulterior motives are sure to bump it out of the top 10. Haters gonna hate...

Yeah exactly. And can you believe that Ding Dong is all the way down at #34? I like Ding Dong way more than that! Oh wait....nevermind.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

Yeah exactly. And can you believe that Ding Dong is all the way down at #34? I like Ding Dong way more than that! Oh wait....nevermind.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Both of these games have entered the Pinside Top 100 pretty darn high. It's normal for a new game to rank pretty highly at first and then to fall a bit, but dang, 5th for GOT is crazy. It'll be interesting to see what rank these games eventually settle in at, and to see if GOT can actually hold its own in the top 10.
For those who have played GOT already, would you consider it a top 10 game?

I remember when Avengers was #1

#57 8 years ago

That was quick:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That was quick:
image.jpg

Waaaiiiit a minute.

How's Stern IJ higher than Alien Poker and Robo-War?

#59 8 years ago

Dont care about the rankings, at all. But when only 17 people gave a ranking, already can give you a top 10 spot, is hilirious.

Should not have been ranked until at least 100 reviews are in.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Waaaiiiit a minute.

I assume people see the game and become physically ill before they have a chance to play it and give it a rating.

#61 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That was quick:
image.jpg

O-M-G! This is hilarious. is this the ignorance pinside has become? people bark up a tree when 15 people rate it and it debuts at #5; have some patience people, no need to troll the ratings and ruin it for the people who have actually played more than a game on it. Wow!

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

O-M-G! This is hilarious. is this the ignorance pinside has become? people bark up a tree when 15 people rate it and it debuts at #5; have some patience people, no need to troll the ratings and ruin it for the people who have actually played more than a game on it. Wow!

Pretty standard for Pinside. Goes from one extreme to the other, then settles somewhere in between. Will take 12 months to see it's true rating.

#63 8 years ago

I don't need to check ratings to decide if I want or like a game. A few balls on GoT the other day was enough for me. Ritchie still does the best he can with what he has to work with.

#64 8 years ago

Seems if you take a games debut rank, multiply it by between 20-30, that's where it will be ranked the following week, then it will settle at a multiple of between 5-10 times its's original rank. I put a lot of statistical research into that.

Except WWE Pro, which debuted at 271 and has since fallen to 322. By my theory, WWE is actually performing above average.

#65 8 years ago

Every game is distinctive. I ignore the number ratings. However, a sometimes the written ratings will give you insight into a game. They are usually in a rating that gave it a normal rating. It will say something like "however I get annoyed when shot X disappears and I can't see where the ball went". Or "once lit that was such a satisfying shot". Those are the thigs I really pay attention to, because those are the insights people give me into the game.

#66 8 years ago

Looks like GOT is getting added to my collection of crummy games.

Signed,
Average collection ranking 194

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I also like the idea of a minimum number of reviews before a game is listed. Around 100 people's views

100 reviews?

Jeez... TH won't be eligible to make the list until about Q3 of 2016 with that requirement!

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

100 reviews?
Jeez... TH won't be eligible to make the list until about Q3 of 2016 with that requirement!

Sweet! So it will debut at number one!!!

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Average collection ranking 194

Hipster

#71 8 years ago

What I take issue with is TWO Metallica pins in the top 15.......really? They pretty much play the same and only one rating should be on there.....same with ST.

AC/DC I can see the need for two separate ratings. Where do we draw that line?...........I have no friggin' clue.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What I take issue with is TWO Metallica pins in the top 15.......really? They pretty much play the same and only one rating should be on there.....same with ST.
AC/DC I can see the need for two separate ratings. Where do we draw that line?...........I have no friggin' clue.

I prefer MET PRO over its LE/PREM, smoother gameplay trumps novelty in this table (in my opinion). So I feel having two separate ratings is a good thing. Now both metallicas (or even 1 for that matter) in the top 15? I don't think so, same peeps that deflate ratings inflate them is my conspiracy for that pin being so high. I definitely prefer the pro over TRON pro so I'd say met pro is a top 20 while its LE is right under the TRON twins.

In the end, I do like the ratings as it gives me that extra little in depth look of how the community rates a pin I'm interested in. If you can weed out the junk, the ratings system has a good story to tell for those digging into their next pin prospect.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I agree that the list becomes clogged with the multiple versions of the same game. I say continue to have people rate each version of a game separately (including splitting of the premium and LE since the art is different) but then have the top 100 apply grouping and only display the best rated version of the game in the list. It can have a link to see the other versions' ratings if desired.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

I say continue to have people rate each version of a game separately (including splitting of the premium and LE since the art is different) but then have the top 100 apply grouping and only display the best rated version of the game in the list. It can have a link to see the other versions' ratings if desired.

That works.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A few balls on GoT the other day was enough for me

*chuckle*

#76 8 years ago

It was cool how it threw the ball at the flippers. But I got that with Barb Wire.

#77 8 years ago

The haters should be happy now. WNBJM is almost rated last and GOT pro is 167.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was cool how it threw the ball at the flippers. But I got that with Barb Wire.

Come on man we all like to joke and have fun and talk shit, but playing the barb Wire card is taking it too goddamn far.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

The haters should be happy now. WNBJM is almost rated last and GOT pro is 167.

Just out of curiosity I tracked all the ratings since this thread was started:

pasted_image.pngpasted_image.png

So, if we just take the last 5 days of ratings, GOT wouldn't even be in the top 300. Not by a LONG shot. I guess that makes GOT the WORST GAME EVER MADE. I should cancel my order.

(Thank goodness there was no manipulation)

#80 8 years ago

Magneto8472 is a tough critic. Like to see what's in his collection.

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Magneto8472 is a tough critic. Like to see what's in his collection.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/magneto8472

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Just out of curiosity I tracked all the ratings since this thread was started:
pasted_image.png
So, if we just take the last 5 days of ratings, GOT wouldn't even be in the top 300. Not by a LONG shot. I guess that makes GOT the WORST GAME EVER MADE. I should cancel my order.
(Thank goodness there was no manipulation)

You should definitely cancel your order. Pinside has spoken and GOT is a terrible game. I probably shouldn't even be allowed on pinside anymore since I picked up a HUo WNBJM yesterday and enjoyed playing it last night.

Quoted from pezpunk:

gave Hobbit a 1.0 as well.

Seems he hates dragons. Playing it once at a show must have been all that was needed to determine it's possibly the worst game ever created.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seems he hates dragons. Playing it once at a show must have been all that was needed to determine it's possibly the worst game ever created.

Naw he loves MM

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

But Elvis is in his top 10.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Waaaiiiit a minute.

Because those two games *suck*.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I thought this was a typo, but just noticed this on the list. Congrats Big House

Wow in the eighty today. Didn't realize the positions even switched spots that fast.

We need to get one if the podcasts to do some judge offs. IE I see some spots in three way ties. There is some good material there.

The last time company was over and several strangers to Pinball over. I asked which game they enjoyed the most. Big House was unanimously shouted out. A group of college age folks.

The music and sounds are pretty damn good.

Is there a way to search for a title name?? As I could not find Millionaire on the lists??

Oh and those are cool graphs you did nosro. Is that a standard pinside function??

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Playing it once at a show must have been all that was needed to determine it's possibly the worst game ever created.

Who said he's ever played either?

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh, good to see it wasn't manipulation after all.

#90 8 years ago

GOT is not in the top 10 when i look at it?

edit: NVM its dropped a bunch since this thread started

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think no game should enter the top 100 until it's 6 months old or gets 50 ratings, whichever comes first.

I say a year. But even then, I still refuse to look at that BS list.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

GOT is not in the top 10 when i look at it?
edit: NVM its dropped a bunch since this thread started

It's dropped 162 places... with bullshi...oops, a bullet.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Come on man we all like to joke and have fun and talk shit, but playing the Barb Wire card is taking it too goddamn far

I actually liked that game. The only reason I sold it is because pinmister wanted it more and I think he still has it. That fatman eating a drumstick was classic.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Sorry but its absolutely ridiculous that you can even RATE TH right now.

I looked up the link and found ratings from 8 months ago? So 8+ months before the game even ships is an appropriate time to start tallying ratings?

Sorry, but thats insanity.... just as dumb at the "Hate-Raters"

The rating system couldn't possibly have LESS credibilty.

#95 8 years ago

200px-Garfield_BFHD.jpg200px-Garfield_BFHD.jpg

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Sorry but its absolutely ridiculous that you can even RATE TH right now.
I looked up the link and found ratings from 8 months ago? So 8+ months before the game even ships is an appropriate time to start tallying ratings?
Sorry, but thats insanity.... just as dumb at the "Hate-Raters"
The rating system couldn't possibly have LESS credibilty.

Flag them as bogus. By default reviews with 5 bogus ratings don't show up (maybe they don't count into the actual rating too?). I think many 1.0s and 10.0s can be flagged as bogus... Unless it's something like IJ4 or TZ truely at the top or bottom of its game

(This is hyperbole IJ4 fans... Bally El Toro is the closest to a pinball machine with no redeeming qualities I've ever played and even that didn't get a 1 from me somehow.)

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Bally El Toro is the closest to a pinball machine with no redeeming qualities I've ever played and even that didn't get a 1 from me somehow

El Toro was the first game I had to play in my first ever Pinburgh.

What a way to start

#98 8 years ago

No pinball machine is a 1.0 and none are a perfect 10.

10's and 1's are all bogus (IMHO).

Hell even games I don't like can manage a 5 point something. They're games...virtually all are fun to some degree and even the worst can get above 4.0. So yes, realistically my range is really 4-9.9

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

No pinball machine is a 1.0 and none are a perfect 10.
10's and 1's are all bogus (IMHO).
Hell even games I don't like can manage a 5 point something. They're games...virtually all are fun to some degree and even the worst can get above 4.0. So yes, realistically my range is really 4-9.9

Even the worst game in the world (Judge Dredd) doesn't deserve a 1.0 rating. If it was the last pinball machine on earth, I'd probably be willing to own it again.

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Even the worst game in the world (Judge Dredd) doesn't deserve a 1.0 rating. If it was the last pinball machine on earth, I'd probably be willing to own it again.

Whoa. Shots fired.

Hyperbole, meet DaveH.
DaveH, this is Hyperbole.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-enters-the-pinside-top-100-at-5th-wnbjm-at-30th/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.