(Topic ID: 204372)

GOT defective playfield. What would you do?

By megalo17

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What should I do?”

• Suck it up and attempt to level the inserts 4 votes
    8%
  • Strip the playfield and install a protector 9 votes
    18%
  • Be lazy and do nothing 8 votes
    16%
  • None of the above 30 votes
    59%

(51 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

o (resized).jpg
DSC_0017 (resized).JPG
got1 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0714 (resized).JPG
IMG_0712 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 6 years ago

Thats just how Stern rolls now, no more replacing playfields that are defective, just had the same thing happen with my Game of Thrones had 7 inserts ghosting, and Sterns response was that it was normal.

Not supporting their product is going to coast them in the long run, I canceled my GOTG order that day.

Few of my inserts, not the worst ghosting Ive seen but 7 inserts on one playfield is normal?

got1 1 (resized).jpggot1 1 (resized).jpg

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Are the other 5 inserts worse than the two you have circled? My old eyes would have never even seen that probably unless I used a magnifying glass lol. I'd like to see the other 5 inserts.

About the same, some have more on multipule edges, all are slivers, but who knows what will happen down the road as its only 3/4 of a year old, I messaged them months ago but never heard back until now.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Welp, I got a call from Stern today asking for more photos. The jury is still out. Just a little bit of communication from them would go a long way! 4 months with not a word is too much in any form of business. Again, I don't place any blame on the distributor. I didn't purchase the machine from him, I bought it very slightly used. He did help me get the ball rolling. I knew it was a long shot as I was the second owner. I look at it like a car purchase, though! When I bought my slightly used car, it was still under warranty. That warranty conveys to the new owner (I know that pinball warranty's are paper thin). For a quality issue as rampant and widespread as this, however, I don't only feel like it's the "right thing to do/ moral responsibility," I almost feel like it's a legal responsibility. These pins cost almost as much as a pretty sweet used car! Has Stern lost a lot of money during the GB/GOT ordeal? I'm sure. Hopefully they'll learn from it, beef up the QA program, and customer service experience while they're at it. And that 2009 used car of mine? I just got two recalls yesterday...

Man that one insert is gross! Definately forgot the glue there!

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Newest pictures I submitted to Stern yesterday showed enough damage that I'm now getting a new playfield! Thanks for the help...

Thats great, as they should do! Such a great game, glad you'll have one thats perfect!

Now if only they would change my shit playfield too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider libtech.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-defective-playfield-what-would-you-do?tu=libtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.