• Latest reply 7 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

LE/PREMIUM V1.34 - December 19, 2016
====================================
Fixed:
- Ticket dispenser was not dispensing tickets correctly.

LE/PREMIUM V1.33 - October 7, 2016
==================================
Fixed:
- Shaker Motor Adjustment was not turning the shaker motor off as required.
- "Bonus Held" would give an extra bonus if the player was on the last ball but had an extra ball.

New:
- Added Adjustment to stop the game from physically locking balls.

LE/PREMIUM V1.32 - September 26, 2016
=====================================
System:
- Simplified Switch Test Menu to fit on display. The graphical switch display
shows the state of all switches on the node that last reported switched
activity.
- Optimized Node Power Usage.
- Added Node Configuration and Tech Alerts to Audit Dump.
- Fixed - Electronic Coin Mech (used in non-US games) stops working on some
games after many hours of operation.

LE/PREMIUM V1.31 - August 15, 2016
=====================================
- Used for internal testing

LE/PREMIUM V1.30 - August 4, 2016
=================================
Fixed:
- Electronic coin mech would occasionally stop accepting coins until
the machine was power cycled.

LE/PREMIUM V1.29 - April 22, 2016
=================================
Fixed:
- HAND OF THE KING CHAMPION was not being awarded correctly.

New:
- Added Game credits Easter Egg ( 1 2 3 )

#2 7 years ago

Well...that's a snoozer of an update. I can't even get excited about it.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're right - there is nothing in here to improve gameplay - at all.

A few minor changes to rules could really improve the mini-playfield value on the Premium and LE.
Here's just 1 simple example: add some *BIG* value to Castle multiball - to really make it worth going for!
Similar to the big value for IM Do or Die hurry up. As it is now, Castle Multiball is completely out of balance with the rest of the game and makes it practically worthless to go for. In fact it's worse that worthless, since if you focus on getting it the rest of your game will suffer. This is a HUGE miss, that could be easily fixed with a little effort.

#4 7 years ago

Wow ROFL... what a joke.

#5 7 years ago

6 + months goes by and all that is added is bug fixes? No new modes or enhancements made to existing modes?

This all but confirms my theory that Stern is yes trying to release games more software complete but that they won't have the same depth and uniqueness of past games due to programmers being rushed to the next project. Another example of cost cutting it seems.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

6 + months goes by and all that is added is bug fixes? Wow.

and its all mechanical/electrical items. not an ounce of gameplay change **sorry fix for bonus held woohoo **

#7 7 years ago

Even Kiss owners are laughing at this update.

#8 7 years ago

There's a ticket dispenser?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from no-extra-balls:

Even Kiss owners are laughing at this update.

It's funny until the kiss code adds a ticket dispenser after waiting for 8 months

#10 7 years ago

I'm still running 1.26.

#11 7 years ago

Somewhere, a dude with a knockoff Chuck E. Cheese family fun center just did a fist pump.

#12 7 years ago

...and somewhere, more notably pinside, someone who doesn't own this pin will complain about this update. oh wait, too late...

In all seriousness, maybe im optimistic, but this update at the very least tells us that GOT is potentially back on the mind of the lead programmer; whom of which, has had to program sterns only 2 new releases in 1+ years. So cut the programmer a break guys. Any update is a good update that shows the game is not all forgotten.

#13 7 years ago

In all seriousness, I would imagine that a big GoT update is behind Ghostbusters in the priority list. Ghostbusters hasn't really had anything added to it besides the one video mode and some very minor adjustment options. But Dwight is onto his next game, so work on released games is going to slow down. Not saying that they aren't coming out with more updates, but it's going to take some patience.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm still running 1.26.

I didn't update the last time either

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

In all seriousness, I would imagine that a big GoT update is behind Ghostbusters in the priority list. Ghostbusters hasn't really had anything added to it besides the one video mode and some very minor adjustment options. But Dwight is onto his next game, so work on released games is going to slow down. Not saying that they aren't coming out with more updates, but it's going to take some patience.

There's not much missing from GOT. I agree with doing more with the castle (LE-Premium). Dwight has not dropped the ball. Fixed Star Trek. Awesome GOT code on release. And Ghostbusters code is very solid.

#16 7 years ago

Finally, that danged ticket dispenser issue is fixed!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

In all seriousness, I would imagine that a big GoT update is behind Ghostbusters in the priority list.

Ghostbusters also got a tweak. Though that also got some minor score tweaks.

To me this GOT update looks like we entered maintenance mode. I don't think the game is popular enough to warrant a real update from Stern.

#18 7 years ago

I'm keeping with my dream that the code won't be updated until the show is complete. Hopefully the complete story will progress enough to inspire some new rules or modes for the game.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't update the last time either

+1

#20 7 years ago

It would be helpful if Stern just adopted some kind of uniform version numbering, just to make it clear where they see the development at. Ie:

Below version 1.0 - pre-release code
Version 1.0 - Ships with games
Version 1.x up to 1.99... continued development during release cycle
Version 2.0 - "complete"... don't expect any new modes or features past this point, internally they consider this title done
Post 2.0 - minor bug fixes.

If GOT was now at version 2.01 say, then we'd know the game we have is considered complete, whether or not we agree with it. But at least it takes the guessing out of it and wondering if/when something else is coming.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It would be helpful if Stern just adopted some kind of uniform version numbering, just to make it clear where they see the development at. Ie:
Below version 1.0 - pre-release code
Version 1.0 - Ships with games
Version 1.x up to 1.99... continued development during release cycle
Version 2.0 - "complete"... don't expect any new modes or features past this point, internally they consider this title done
Post 2.0 - minor bug fixes.
If GOT was now at version 2.01 say, then we'd know the game we have is considered complete, whether or not we agree with it. But at least it takes the guessing out of it and wondering if/when something else is coming.

This is excellent. Makes total sense. However, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

add some *BIG* value to Castle multiball - to really make it worth going for!
Similar to the big value for IM Do or Die hurry up. As it is now, Castle Multiball is completely out of balance with the rest of the game and makes it practically worthless to go for. In fact it's worse that worthless, since if you focus on getting it the rest of your game will suffer. This is a HUGE miss, that could be easily fixed with a little effort.

Totally agree with this. I like the upper playfield, but only for adding time and collecting castles during modes. If there was a huge payoff at Castle Multiball (I love the idea of a Do or Die type Hurry Up), I'd be more interested in going for it. As it is now, there are not a lot of points there and you can't stack it with anything else. In the rare occasion I start CMB, I use it to get my playfield multipliers up, exit multiball, and then start a mode.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

. I don't think the game is popular enough to warrant a real update from Stern.

Mmmmmm I dunno about that one. Avengers, mustang, and WWE all got updates long after it's release and those aren't the most hottest items on the market. I think it has to do with the fact that stern stretched dwight too thin in programming 3 games in a short span (GOT, GB, SW-*warning rumor*).

#24 7 years ago

The Avengers update came well after production ended for a title that did not sell well and was a substantial update (far more than any of us were expecting), so there is always hope.

Again I just wish their intentions were shared, so we don't just have "hope". If GOT is done, then let us know.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The Avengers update came well after production ended for a title that did not sell well and was a substantial update (far more than any of us were expecting), so there is always hope.
Again I just wish their intentions were shared, so we don't just have "hope". If GOT is done, then let us know.

that is BECAUSE the whers the code movement had taken hold and they realized there was a business need to update AV.

Reality is that that one well post production update was enough to sucker many in to keep buying NIB crap that they they dont have to code.

IF people keep buying stuff like BM66 and selling it out well before even playing a single game, then Stern has no/little incentive to complete code, have good communication, or do anything different that they already do (show just enough to allow hope).

Sorry Frolic, but you and anyone else buying BM66 with all the GB issues not fixed, stagnant code, and BS 'PR' moves from Stern ARE the reason and dis-incentive for them getting better and delivering what the majority need/ask for. You HAVE to stop supporting them with sight unseen/unplayed NIB purchases if you want change. They have zero reason to change currently.

*sorry if you are not getting BM66, I have not paid attention by my assumption is that you are.

#26 7 years ago

I bought GB and it is a good game. Still with all the code issues and quality control, my next purchase will probably be Dialed In. I have never played it and I allow myself one new game a year and I think it may be time to move on from stern for a while. We have a Woz but my wife does not like wide bodies but dialed in or if someone produces wooly maybe the answer.
Sorry to go off track just showing stern is starting to lose support from nib buyers.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yea, just bug fixes. Disapointing, but at least they are still supporting the game and maybe more will come later.

1 week later
#28 7 years ago

I haven't put a lot of time on GOT, but am interested how close you all think the code is to being "complete"?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

I haven't put a lot of time on GOT, but am interested how close you all think the code is to being "complete"?

It is very "playable". It needs work to (a) balance out some of the scoring, and (b) it needs callout work. "Also Hand of the King" could use some work in my opinion. I had to ask for explanations in the GOT group, which means the choreography needs to improve. Even understanding it, it is still just "hit an undetermined bunch of white shots".

I've heard Iron Throne needs work, but I haven't been to it yet, so I can't really judge.

So a bit of spit and polish would be really nice. However I'm not sure Stern will be doing that. I think they have started to turn towards "good enough" on games like this. I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm right.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It is very "playable". It needs work to (a) balance out some of the scoring, and (b) it needs callout work. "Also Hand of the King" could use some work in my opinion. I had to ask for explanations in the GOT group, which means the choreography needs to improve. Even understanding it, it is still just "hit an undetermined bunch of white shots".
I've heard Iron Throne needs work, but I haven't been to it yet, so I can't really judge.
So a bit of spit and polish would be really nice. However I'm not sure Stern will be doing that. I think they have started to turn towards "good enough" on games like this. I hope I'm wrong, but fear I'm right.

I agree with Dave. Right now its a great game that could use a final polish.

The rules are there for both HOTC and Iron Throne, but oddly enough, the dots are FAR more complete for Iron Throne. I have made it there 2 or 3 times and I thought it was a great mode with awesome dots. My impression was that Iron Throne was pretty complete and solid. HOTC on the other hand, could definitely use some better dots.

For sure the game could use more callouts. See my diatribe in the other threads about that.

Having said all of that, the game is so much fun. It shoots like butter like most Steve Ritchie pins. The rules have depth and varied scoring. For sure a keeper for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-code-update-134-is-out?hl=cornycrunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.