Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PK.png
nub.jpg
image.jpg
popcorn.gif
image.jpg
dictionaryshow.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I just want to give everyone a head’s up to not deal with Pinhead86 (Josh) here on Pinside. He is deceitful, dishonest, and goes back on his word.
I was looking to trade my BSD for a few certain titles. Pinhead86 contacted me offering to trade a Diner, which is what I wanted. He sent some pictures of the game. Some of these were blurry.
Rather than inconvenience him to take more, I asked specific questions that are known issues with this title, such as pf wear, GI pins, battery acid, and the condition of the characters (worn/raised).
He responded that “The character inserts are fine and there is no diamond plate it has a mylar protective cover on the playfield i wanted to peal the mylar up and have it clear coated but I never got around to it” He also described the game as “it's not perfect but it is in full operation”
We agreed on the swap and to meet in the middle (a 2 hour drive for each of us). Since we swapped games in the parking lot of a Home Depot, we did not have the opportunity to inspect each other’s games. I had posted many high resolution photos of BSD. And I took him for his word on the condition of Diner.
Once I got the game home and had time to unload it & set it up it was two days later. The first thing I noticed after taking the glass off was the character inserts were severely raised! The exact condition I had asked about, and was lied to by Pinhead86. Also, none of the drop target optos were registering, the left side GI was out, and there were a few segments out on the score display.
I PM’d Pinhead86 to let him know what I found and that I wasn’t happy. He stated “I apologize about the inserts i thought it was just the mylar” (Lie #1)
About the optos he stated “and the optics were also working just installed a new opto board in it not to long ago” (Lie #2)
So after a week of working on the machine to correct the functional issues I discovered that:
a) The 12V line for the optos to the interconnect board were in the wrong locations (J15 & J2 swapped) giving negative 12V to the opto board
b) One of the opto boards was incorrect. It was a C-12559 from a System 11B, not the C-13205 from the System 11C.
I PM’d Pinhead86 with some of this information, and asked him to either pay for a new optoboard & display, or exchange games back. He replied “I apologize i will pay pal you the money for those parts, can you let me know where to send the money and exact amount to please.” (Lie #3)
I let him know the total cost of parts ($200) and waited. A week later I inquired on the payment. Pinhead86 changed his story “The problem I am having here is that you came to after two week of owning said machine with theses problem, A day or two afterwards, ok, but not two weeks” (Lie #4)
He then starts to list issues with the BSD from me. All of the items he listed were visible in the pictures in my fs add. This was obviously a defense tactic to try to weasel out of having to pay.
Since then (one week ago) I have not heard anything from Pinhead86.
I realize I should have made the full drive to his place to check it out to determine if it was fully functioning and as described. However, I believed that there were decent people in this hobby, and took him for his word. Apparently choggards spirit still lives on.
I have come to terms that this lowlife will probably never make this right.
I just want to warn everyone else to never do business with Pinhead86.

sounds like a guy who isn't a pin repair expert. deceit? I dunno...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-choggared-by-pinhead86?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.