Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fast_in_muskoka
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PK.png
nub.jpg
image.jpg
popcorn.gif
image.jpg
dictionaryshow.png

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

I would say let the community decide...Start a new thread with a poll...each guy in this deal post pictures of their machines with close ups of the damage.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Better?

image.jpg

Also add, misrepresent a pinball machine's condition.

#103 3 years ago

100 posts and crickets from pinhead86. Seems legit.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I would say let the community decide...Start a new thread with a poll...each guy in this deal post pictures of their machines with close ups of the damage.

I would say settle for a cage match above an active volcano with Carrot Top as referee, but I doubt we'll get the satisfaction either of us desires.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Geez ... got a scare there when I saw what looked like a reference to me. Rest assure I have a clean record!

18 years younger hmmm. Do you have a son you don't know about?

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

He is. In the post above yours.

Well first go to Pinhead86's house and ring the doorbell. When he answers take a good look at him, then turn around and face away from him. Give it about five seconds then turn back around and BOOM! You will now Be looking at Trib . Don't be alarmed they look the same. I would guess they might even BE the same?

He did post in his defence here. He just did it under a new account.

How stupid do you think we are

at least 4-5 times stupid???

I will vouch for Trib and guarantee he's not the same guy that was involved in the trade. He's been in the pinball hobby for almost a couple decades now. There are a few other pinside members in this thread that have also met me. lol

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

UPS would be perfect for a game, just be sure it can handle the load.

That's what she said.

rd

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

UPS is a battery and used for keeping servers up during power outages or to give them enough time to safely shut down. I don't think there's any danger using a UPS on a pin or there'd be stories of them damaging servers

A UPS can also be used as a line conditioner, to smooth out the incoming voltage with dips and spikes.

Letting a community decide is not a fair answer IMO, as opinions vary on things like condition. Someone posted the OP was insane for trading a BSD for a Diner - for example. I agree, but that doesn't mean there isn't someone who likes Diner more, or there isn't someone who couldn't argue that Diner is the better title.

Both parties share some of the blame for not looking at the games. The roles could EASILY be reversed here. Is one party pickier than the other? Was pinhead86 intentionally trying to decieve the OP, or was this a disagreement on something?

Good pics would've helped, but pics can be deceiving as well. You need to take a good close look at any game you buy or trade for to be sure that it lives up to your expectations, as it's not someone's fault if their 'mint' is your 'nice'. 100% working is a joke, as just transporting a game down the street in a truck can shake a fastener loose. Expect some minor adjustments on any game, even a NIB.

Having said all that, if it's as described here, pinhead86 might have been trying to pull something over.

I hope a solution is found that makes both parties content. Pinball is a very small world.

#109 3 years ago

Did I ever sell someone something and misrepresent myself?

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I would say settle for a cage match above an active volcano with Carrot Top as referee, but I doubt we'll get the satisfaction either of us desires.

Not to mention the pay per view fees would be outrageous and it would probably end up being a glorified tickle fight.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not to mention the pay per view fees would be outrageous and it would probably end up being a glorified tickle fight.

That's why Carrot Top is the referee; to make sure it involves more actual fighting than than the Pacquiao / Mayweather match. Worst case Ontario, someone hits Carrot Top.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

That's why Carrot Top is the referee; to make sure it involves more actual fighting than than the Pacquiao / Mayweather match

Good call. Plus he could throw some props in at opportune times for weapons.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Here's a man with the right priorities!

Thanks & LOL; true story is that after we were still without power for about a week after a major storm, we specifically went looking for a generator that could handle a few of our games! A charging station for our mobile phones, and a small fridge so we didn't have to keep getting ice, were a nice bonus.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Someone posted the OP was insane for trading a BSD for a Diner

Yep. Wasn't a fan of BSD. Kinda wanted a Diner. Obviously this is a hobby for me, not an investment.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

Was pinhead86 intentionally trying to decieve the OP, or was this a disagreement on something

Since he stated the drop target optos were all working, he was obviously lying since they were hooked up incorrectly, and one of them was even an incorrect board (could have never worked like this) from a previous system 11 platform.

Quoted from Collin:

Sorry, no violence. Although some carrottop might actually be amusing. If Pinhead86 can arrange for carrottop to stop by and do some prop comedy while I repair Diner, then all will be forgiven.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

If Pinhead86 can arrange for carrottop to stop by and do some prop comedy while I repair Diner, then all will be forgiven.

Good lord, that sounds like adding insult to injury!

#116 3 years ago

I also have dealt with the op. I found him to be a very honest and all around good guy.
Sry to see you had to deal with this, Daane.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have never bought one that was 100%.

In my face! Flintstones had a long trip!

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

In my face! Flintstones had a long trip!

True!! Around 12,000 miles, via the Panama Canal.

And it did go 99% sweetly too!! One of the best I've bought. Almost plug and play (after I converted the voltage...) My wife's favorite machine. Ahhh the glory days of 88 US cents to the kiwi dollar. Now it's 65c. Sucks!!

Great trade with the StackMan!

rd

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Since he stated the drop target optos were all working, he was obviously lying since they were hooked up incorrectly, and one of them was even an incorrect board (could have never worked like this) from a previous system 11 platform.

I have used the earlier Sys11 drop target opto boards in later Sys11 games, even WPCs. The earlier ones had discrete components instead of the LM339. The LM339 likely reduced the price to manufacture the board - electronically, the circuit is pretty similar. The board still has a 7 pin connector and a 4 pin connector.

It's possible he pulled the interconnect board to rebuild a connector or something and plugged it back in wrong and didn't fully test it before delivering it - but I've been doing this a LONG time and am reasonably certain those opto boards can in fact be interchanged.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I have used the earlier Sys11 drop target opto boards in later Sys11 games, even WPCs. The earlier ones had discrete components instead of the LM339. The LM339 likely reduced the price to manufacture the board - electronically, the circuit is pretty similar. The board still has a 7 pin connector and a 4 pin connector.

Actually the C-12559 also has the LM339 on the board similar to the C-13205. Even the connectors are the same (7 pin & 4 pin). However, the C-12559 does not have the correct resistors installed at R9, R10, R11. I'm sure there is a way to get it to work--I'm continuing to work on it. However, this wouldn't qualify as fully functional as received.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

plugged it back in wrong and didn't fully test it before delivering it

He stated he was playing it the night before and it was working. He hadn't even removed the balls from the machine to transport it. So I highly doubt he would have actually removed the glass to work on anything.

#121 3 years ago

Sorry to hear of the disagreement. I think we all have one or more wooda-shoulda-coulda moment we can point to in this hobby. I purchased an expensive machine that was in "minty new - out of the box" condition that had some flashers not working properly. This guy lied to my face and told me it worked that way since it was new. Ended up being shorted wire caused by an incorrectly installed mod blowing a transistor on the driver board. My fault for not taking the time to inspect more closely at pickup.

Hate to say it but if condition of the machine (inserts,etc) was that important, you should have taken more time to inspect the machine. That would have still left you with the operational issues, but at least it would have reduced one or more pain-points from your list.

#122 3 years ago

Well gee, I'm trying to find the best in people, but this keeps making it harder...

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

100 posts and crickets from pinhead86. Seems legit.

He has not logged in since 9/30 so he has not seen this thread yet.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Refer to post #35.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Quoted from PinballNewb:

Refer to post #35.

Additionally, one doesn't need to be logged in to see this thread. Anyone can read this thread as it's not tagged for Pinside only.

Hopefully the OP will get this sorted.

1 week later
#126 3 years ago

Did this end up getting resolved?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I just want to give everyone a head’s up to not deal with Pinhead86 (Josh) here on Pinside. He is deceitful, dishonest, and goes back on his word.
I was looking to trade my BSD for a few certain titles. Pinhead86 contacted me offering to trade a Diner, which is what I wanted. He sent some pictures of the game. Some of these were blurry.
Rather than inconvenience him to take more, I asked specific questions that are known issues with this title, such as pf wear, GI pins, battery acid, and the condition of the characters (worn/raised).
He responded that “The character inserts are fine and there is no diamond plate it has a mylar protective cover on the playfield i wanted to peal the mylar up and have it clear coated but I never got around to it” He also described the game as “it's not perfect but it is in full operation”
We agreed on the swap and to meet in the middle (a 2 hour drive for each of us). Since we swapped games in the parking lot of a Home Depot, we did not have the opportunity to inspect each other’s games. I had posted many high resolution photos of BSD. And I took him for his word on the condition of Diner.
Once I got the game home and had time to unload it & set it up it was two days later. The first thing I noticed after taking the glass off was the character inserts were severely raised! The exact condition I had asked about, and was lied to by Pinhead86. Also, none of the drop target optos were registering, the left side GI was out, and there were a few segments out on the score display.
I PM’d Pinhead86 to let him know what I found and that I wasn’t happy. He stated “I apologize about the inserts i thought it was just the mylar” (Lie #1)
About the optos he stated “and the optics were also working just installed a new opto board in it not to long ago” (Lie #2)
So after a week of working on the machine to correct the functional issues I discovered that:
a) The 12V line for the optos to the interconnect board were in the wrong locations (J15 & J2 swapped) giving negative 12V to the opto board
b) One of the opto boards was incorrect. It was a C-12559 from a System 11B, not the C-13205 from the System 11C.
I PM’d Pinhead86 with some of this information, and asked him to either pay for a new optoboard & display, or exchange games back. He replied “I apologize i will pay pal you the money for those parts, can you let me know where to send the money and exact amount to please.” (Lie #3)
I let him know the total cost of parts ($200) and waited. A week later I inquired on the payment. Pinhead86 changed his story “The problem I am having here is that you came to after two week of owning said machine with theses problem, A day or two afterwards, ok, but not two weeks” (Lie #4)
He then starts to list issues with the BSD from me. All of the items he listed were visible in the pictures in my fs add. This was obviously a defense tactic to try to weasel out of having to pay.
Since then (one week ago) I have not heard anything from Pinhead86.
I realize I should have made the full drive to his place to check it out to determine if it was fully functioning and as described. However, I believed that there were decent people in this hobby, and took him for his word. Apparently choggards spirit still lives on.
I have come to terms that this lowlife will probably never make this right.
I just want to warn everyone else to never do business with Pinhead86.

sounds like a guy who isn't a pin repair expert. deceit? I dunno...

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Did this end up getting resolved?

Well, Carrottop didn't show up while I was repairing Diner, so not really resolved. But I have fixed the machine myself. Haven't heard anything form Pinhead86, even though he's on Pinside daily. Hence, the reason I'm warning others not to deal with him--and it has worked at least once to my knowledge, with someone not replying to his interest in a game that was fs.

Quoted from underlord:

sounds like a guy who isn't a pin repair expert. deceit? I dunno...

He stated that something was worked the night before I got it (drop target opto board) even though there is no way it could have ever functioned properly since it was the wrong part is deceitful in my book. But, I'm sure he'll gladly make a deal with you if you're interested.

#129 3 years ago

Horrible.
No relation btw to carrothead or the choggard.
Just a bad name to have around here

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from ddpinball:

Horrible.
No relation btw to carrothead or the choggard.
Just a bad name to have around here

I'd change the name if I was you.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'd change the name if I was you.

...in court

#132 3 years ago

Why did poor Carrotop get dragged into this? I have heard that his show in Vegas is excellent.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Why did poor Carrotop get dragged into this? I have heard that his show in Vegas is excellent.

Isn't he a bodybuilder now?

#134 3 years ago

Steroids, anyone?

#135 3 years ago

Show in Vegas is excellent!

That be true!

#136 3 years ago

Simple fact: pinhead86 has not addressed this thread (unless I missed it) = guilty.

#137 3 years ago

true story Blackbeard.
Hey, saw you post that you were in Binghamton. Small world I was just there last week. Hope the visit was a good one.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from sfleming:

true story Blackbeard.
Hey, saw you post that you were in Binghamton. Small world I was just there last week. Hope the visit was a good one.

It was good. Picked up a diamond plated riverboat gambler from fellow pinhead pinwizkid. Love that pin!!

3 months later
#139 3 years ago

#140 3 years ago

i heard carrot top is a rare h*m* . . .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Buckner, MO
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Radford, VA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marietta, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside