Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fast_in_muskoka
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PK.png
nub.jpg
image.jpg
popcorn.gif
image.jpg
dictionaryshow.png

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I agree with this post. I have bought my first two machines in two months and neither one was exactly what the seller said. Even if they are a pinsider that's no excuse for not being thorough.

And when it's blatant BS people need to be called on it. I don't care if the OP took someone at their word and shouldn't have. Doesn't mean he doesn't have legit beef.

Always two sides to a story but we can only go off the OP's if Pinhead doesn't wish to respond.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Trib:

I am a new user to pinside but not new to pins. I have purchased my Checkpoint, Jurassic Park, centipede, and many more arcades from josh. Chill out. I saw the two pins because I live only an hour away from him. We stay in contact regularly. He has a lot of respect for you guys and was concerned when the post went up and asked me to look at it. He talked me into joining but not sure if I will stay. Questioning why he does at the moment. My comment only stated I have seen both pins have you? I'm not saying one was a better deal than the other. I am one of those crazy data east guys so even though I would take any pin that was givin to me I have no interest in either that have been mention. I hope you all have a great week. If you want don't deal with him then I might get some smoking deals

What had to be "made right" previously if I may ask?

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

And when it's blatant BS people need to be called on it. I don't care if the OP took someone at their word and shouldn't have. Doesn't mean he doesn't have legit beef.
Always two sides to a story but we can only go off the OP's if Pinhead doesn't wish to respond.

Yep I edited my post to thank the op for the warning.

#54 3 years ago

Man this sucks. I know the OP, he is a friend of mine. Definitely an issue here. I hope pinhead86 decides to at least open the communication back up.

I would like to say to pinhead86 that the OP is very honest, if he says there is a problem than there is a problem even if you were not aware. He asked the questions and expected the machine to be closer to as it was described. Open up the communication and work out a fair solution.

Hope this gets worked out.

#55 3 years ago

Man I hope this isn't going to be a new thing on pinside. Not that it's a new thing but just a lot of public outcry for bad pinside to pinside deals going on.
I can see how one person could be more picky then another when it comes to description of a game. But if OP ask about raised inserts and the game had them then sellers description was wrong. The true question was it knowingly wrong to make a deal or did he just miss it? If you throw in the other problems sounds s little fishy.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Trib:

He is not perfect but has always made things right in the end.

You know the issues,
now make things right Josh
(member for 3 hours LOL)

#57 3 years ago

hmmmm I searched his username on the forum and it came up with no topics or posts made by "Pinhead68"

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

hmmmm I searched his username on the forum and it came up with no topics or posts made by "Pinhead68"

It's "Pinhead86"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/pinhead86?mode=topics#user

And there's a post from "Pinhead68" right in this thread. So I don't really know what you are talking about?

#59 3 years ago

Don't be so sure. This thread has Choggard in the title so mods will be looking in. I am sure they have already checked the IP address.

I personally think we will see a frozen account here shortly but i hope i am wrong.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It's "Pinhead86"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/pinhead86?mode=topics#user
And there's a post from "Pinhead68" right in this thread. So I don't really know what you are talking about?

Obviously I mixed up the 68 and 86.....
Pinhead seems to be a popular name, lol, we have already seen comments from other "Pinheads" with different numbers at the end of their username.

#61 3 years ago

is pinhead86 actually choggard?

nobody else would try to sell a barbwire for so damn much
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-barb-wire#post-2561071

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Obviously I mixed up the 68 and 86.....
Pinhead seems to be a popular name, lol, we have already seen comments from other "Pinheads" with different numbers at the end of their username.

I think Pinhead is a pretty cool name.

image.jpg

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Man I hope this isn't going to be a new thing on pinside. Not that it's a new thing but just a lot of public outcry for bad pinside to pinside deals going on.

Nah I've only been here for a handful of months and have purchased pins from two pinsiders that I'm enjoying the hell out of. One of which was shipped across the country, shipping was set up by the seller since I'm a nub, and has played flawlessly since I've received it.

Way more good going on than bad. As always the bad just sticks out more!

#64 3 years ago

He is. In the post above yours.

You're crackin me up Inspector QuarterGrabber! LOL

#65 3 years ago

Hey I'm 25 mins from Charlevoix--I'll check it out for ya!

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Hey I'm 25 mins from Charlevoix--I'll check it out for ya!

Please. The suspense is killing me

#67 3 years ago

Just tell me where ta go!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

Just tell me where ta go!

Well first go to Pinhead86's house and ring the doorbell. When he answers take a good look at him, then turn around and face away from him. Give it about five seconds then turn back around and BOOM! You will now Be looking at Trib . Don't be alarmed they look the same. I would guess they might even BE the same?

#69 3 years ago

Well first go to Pinhead86's house and ring the doorbell. When he answers take a good look at him, then turn around and face away from him. Give it about five seconds then turn back and BOOM! You will now Be looking at Trib . Don't be alarmed they look the same. I would guess they might even BE the same?

LOL--Maybe twins?? And I know my way all around Charlevoix, so I'll find em!!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Lefman:

LOL--Maybe twins?? And I know my way all around Charlevoix, so I'll find em!!

Either one is good for me. Double bounty for both

#71 3 years ago

Happened to me, I bought this. I found it via his craigslist ad, but this is the guy.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-starship-troopers-1

Talked to the guy before I drove 3 hours out. Cabinet was planked. Head had been repainted, badly. Left side of cabinet was faded really badly. It had raised inserts that were chipping in the center of the playfield. The upper magnet was missing paint. Talked to him over the phone and was told it was fully working, BULL. The live fire assault range failed its startup tests and threw an error. It had orbit optos out.

Now, I bought it. I shouldn't have, but 3 hours there and back and 125 in gas down the drain I bought the stupid thing. I shopped it and I traded it to a local and was lucky to break even for my efforts, but this guy flat out LIED. So please, do not take people's word off here. Always make sure it works.

#72 3 years ago

Either one is good for me. Double bounty for both

Ah I just saw the other guy was in St Ignace, bout an hour away...At any rate, that sucks for the OP..

#73 3 years ago

All this over $200?

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Is it too early to sign up for the free shaker?

Sorry...no shaker motor. But I do have a 3 opto drop target board C-12559 that can be raffled. Plus, Pinhead86 says it's in working condition!

Quoted from arcademojo:

Man I hope this isn't going to be a new thing on pinside

Me too. I'm just trying to make sure he doesn't do this to anyone else

Quoted from Jeekayjay:

All this over $200?

Nope. I've already stated that I don't expect him to ever be a man and make it right. It's just a warning to other pinsiders to be aware of this guy

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

All this over $200?

I don't think it has anything to do with the money. It's about a heads-up to other people. But also be mindful that you may say it's only $200...but to a lot of people that's a good chunk of change. And also, look at it in a different context. What if it was over a game that was bought for $500 that needed $200 worth of undisclosed repairs?

Still hoping the other party chimes in here...!

#76 3 years ago

It seems like common sense but I operate with the mind set of Check Everything Trust no one.

#77 3 years ago

He should pay the $200, then spend another $200 on a camera that can properly focus.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

shipping was set up by the seller since I'm a nub

nub.jpg

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Suggestion: when meeting remotely, carry a UPS capable of keeping a pin up for 5 minutes.

What UPS do you recommend?

#80 3 years ago

One thing that I never understood is, If someone said that they had a bad transaction with me, and other pinsiders should stay away from me as a seller, the FIRST thing I would do is post on the thread my side of the story. Why is it that you never hear a thing from the person in question? Does anyone ever come to their own defense?

#81 3 years ago

Has anyone used a power inverter for testing a machine in a parking lot deal?

amazon.com link »

I have one that is often in my pin-hauling vehicle, but I hadn't even thought of it as it has been a while since I've had such a deal.

Brad

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

One thing that I never understood is, If someone said that they had a bad transaction with me, and other pinsiders should stay away from me as a seller, the FIRST thing I would do is post on the thread my side of the story. Why is it that you never hear a thing from the person in question? Does anyone ever come to their own defense?

Not when they're blatantly wrong they don't. If he felt he was in the right he'd be here defending his honor and not creating a fake account. I'm sure the OP can probably produce copies of the messages as well as pictures of the raised inserts and Pinhead86 rather keep quiet and not have the evidence posted also.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

He did post in his defence here. He just did it under a new account.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Nope. I've already stated that I don't expect him to ever be a man and make it right. It's just a warning to other pinsiders to be aware of this guy

I didn't mean to insinuate that $200 is not worth you having issue with, it seems like 86 should have just ponied up the dough right off the bat.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Has anyone used a power inverter for testing a machine in a parking lot deal?
amazon.com link ยป
I have one that is often in my pin-hauling vehicle, but I hadn't even thought of it as it has been a while since I've had such a deal.
Brad

I haven't tried using a power inverter given my luck with blowing a few fuses running a few things in the past, but I have run a couple of pinballs off of a small portable generator. It has been great for extended power outages to run a small fridge and a pinball machine.

#86 3 years ago

, it seems like 86 should have just ponied up the dough right off the bat.
I love that casual english, if i would translate that in my language nobody would understand a thing.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

I haven't tried using a power inverter given my luck with blowing a few fuses running a few things in the past, but I have run a couple of pinballs off of a small portable generator. It has been great for extended power outages to run a small fridge and a pinball machine.

Interesting that I never thought of it and I am not sure what the largest load I have had on the unit. I have heard good things about small portable generators and have seen them in situations where a large number of parking lot deals are going down such as Pheasant Run. Thanks.

Brad

#88 3 years ago

Anybody who is a stand-up guy would want the other to be happy with the transaction. 86 could very easily have made things right with the $200, or else call it a do over and swap 'em back.
Yeah, the drive would be a hassle but the end would justify the means: both parties happy.

86 lacks foresight. Instead of the avalanche of negativity he created he may very well have been praised by djblouw for making accommodations.

Why burn bridges? You might just burn down the whole town in the process.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

What UPS do you recommend?

Just want to say, be careful leaving a UPS in your hot car all the time. The battey can get pretty nasty and leave you with quite a mess. Bring the UPS with you to meet the seller/scammer and take it back inside after.

#90 3 years ago

Running something with delicate electronics off a generator is asking for problems.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Better?

image.jpg

We use the word in it's shorter form.

adj.
screwed someone

v.
to screw someone

#92 3 years ago

Really sucks as I know this OP and I know how good of a guy he is. To those that Choggard others beware our community does not forget you. $1000 in blood is my proposed solution! Good luck buddy. -Tommy

#93 3 years ago

I have tried running an early ss game from two different inverters I have, using a vehicle cigarette lighter. Not sure on the exact specs, but these were mid-range models. I could get the pin into attract mode, but couldn't actually get a game going. It seems like you'd need a pretty heavy duty inverter for it to work.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

Here's a man with the right priorities!

#95 3 years ago

I still have a great trust of pinsiders with a reasonable history on here, I don't use the same caution I would use dealing with a CL or E-Bay seller. I appreciate the ops attempt to warn us to a questionable pinside seller. The lack of any response from the seller gives the op total credibility in my eyes and I will never do any business with him and will warn off anyone any time I can from the same.

#96 3 years ago

It's not the money, it's the lying about the condition that sucks. But there's a reason the phrase "buyer beware" exists and not "seller beware".

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from krivoap:

I haven't tried using a power inverter given my luck with blowing a few fuses running a few things in the past, but I have run a couple of pinballs off of a small portable generator

Yep, small generator runs an Attack From Mars, no problems.

rd

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's not the money, it's the lying about the condition that sucks. But there's a reason the phrase "buyer beware" exists and not "seller beware".

PK.png

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from paragon66x:

Running something with delicate electronics off a generator is asking for problems.

UPS is a battery and used for keeping servers up during power outages or to give them enough time to safely shut down. I don't think there's any danger using a UPS on a pin or there'd be stories of them damaging servers

#100 3 years ago

UPS would be perfect for a game, just be sure it can handle the load.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Marietta, GA
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 5.00
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbert, AZ
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside