IMG_2582_(resized).JPG
aficionado_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-04-11-23-22.png
maxresdefault_2.jpg
20141024_085945.jpg
20141024_094914.jpg
cardboardbodykit.jpg
karma-3.jpeg
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Choggared... That's funny shit!
Chris Kruger

Yep, immortalized like Roy Munson.

#252 8 years ago

Is choggard even still on Pinside? I haven't heard a peep from him in months.

#253 8 years ago

There's a Guns N Roses on eBay right now that I'm planning on getting. It's in Rock Island, IL. Now I'm afraid it's this guy.

#254 8 years ago

Just read through this thread for the first time. Helped me understand why one of the first conversations I had with a pinhead who, when he found out I was rather new to the hobby spent the next hour showing me (in detail that was mostly lost on me) all of the things he felt I should consider when buying a used machine. I was thrown off by it at the time - been a gearhead for ages but never had another rider or cager start our acquaintance that way. Pinside is thankfully still undistilled and I can only imagine the legal nightmare threads the mods have when something like this touches off.

Bad people are out there and any time they find an easy target, every effort in preventing further exploitation should be pursued. This is the entire purpose of having a polite society in the first place. I'm not interested in the Marlboro Man commercial where we all ride alone into the sunset. It may be an iconic American image, but it is not progressive or productive.

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

There's a Guns n Roses on eBay right now that I'm planning on getting. It's in Rock Island, IL. Now I'm afraid it's this guy.

if it is in rock island, il...

chances are it is the old pinballer going under one of his many fake names. He has so many I am not sure if he even remembers his real name.

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

In the interest of identifying all potential aliases, I believe this cat also goes by 1brokenman on ebay and other places. Dude's got a lot of aliases...coincidence? I don't think so.

I think that GNR Ebay listing is him.

#257 8 years ago

Yes, brokenman is his eBay name so its one of his games

#258 8 years ago

confirmed RUN AWAY from that game.

If for some silly reason you decide to get it, be prepared for some of the worse you will ever find in a game for hack and flat out lies about condition.

You may want to also research his criminal past before even contemplating showing up to get a game in person. Be safe out there folks.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

There's a Guns n Roses on eBay right now that I'm planning on getting. It's in Rock Island, IL. Now I'm afraid it's this guy.

Runaway... runaway... In your best Monty Python voice.

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No, he got run out of here by screwing over one too many people. That fact that he teaches kids blows my mind.

#261 8 years ago

Neither have I. That ignore feature is freaking sweet.

#262 8 years ago

Don't feel bad. even Hitler was Choggarded

#263 8 years ago

Yeah. Where did the kid with the signed DE SW go?

#265 8 years ago

ebay.com link: data east tommy the who pinball machine

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#266 8 years ago

will he let anyone come inspect it ?

#267 8 years ago

His profile is shown as "permanently blocked"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/choggard

#268 8 years ago

I have been on the search for my first pinball machine and live 5 minutes away from Rock Island. I was very close to purchasing a few pins I had seen listed by him on Ebay. Im glad I ran across this forum topic.

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

will he let anyone come inspect it ?

I would not risk it if I were you.

It was a few years back, but he had me meet him in an out of the way place and then drove a crazy stupid route (I think he does not realize people have GPS and I still knew where I was) to get to the place he stores games. EVERYTHING was crap condition and he was a prick. He got a bit belligerent and the crazy came out when I tried to haggle (none of the games were even remotely close to the condition he advertises).

I then realized he was a total whack job and told him I 'agreed' to his price and needed to go get cash from the car. I got in the car and hauled ass out of there.

Research his criminal past. I put myself in a very stupid situation and was just thankful it all clicked and I motored out of there after difusssing the situation by telling him I would pay his price.

#270 8 years ago

So he's using EBay.... Must have gotten tired of his ads being flagged on Craigslist.

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I then realized he was a total whack job and told him I 'agreed' to his price and needed to go get cash from the car. I got in the car and hauled ass out of there.

If you need to worry about your getaway, you are dealing with a whole new level of crazy.

#272 8 years ago

What is sad is this fool must live in the dark ages to not realize his reputation is shot in the pinball community and the only scammers he can get are newbies.

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would not risk it if I were you.
It was a few years back, but he had me meet him in an out of the way place and then drove a crazy stupid route (I think he does not realize people have GPS and I still knew where I was) to get to the place he stores games. EVERYTHING was crap condition and he was a prick. He got a bit belligerent and the crazy came out when I tried to haggle (none of the games were even remotely close to the condition he advertises).
Research his criminal past. I put myself in a very stupid situation and was just thankful it all clicked and I motored out of there after difusssing the situation by telling him I would pay his price.

Yikes! I've met many folks over the past few years exchanging games and never had a situation like this one. Good to hear you got out safe and sound.

#274 8 years ago
Quoted from alexanr1:

What is sad is this fool must live in the dark ages to not realize his reputation is shot in the pinball community and the only scammers he can get are newbies.

Newbies might be all that are needed. There are scammers in every niche who tend to focus solely on the inexperienced new entrants.

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

ebay.com link » Data East Guns n Roses Pinball Machine Nice
BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how the pictures he posts of the GnR are from 2007. I wonder what the machine looks like after the 8 yrs from when the photos were taken. Kinda like the chicks on the dating websites posting pics from their college days but then showing up on your doorstep 15 years older and 40 lbs heavier. What you see is most likely what you are NOT going to get folks.

#276 8 years ago

I wonder where this guy is getting his games from? Maybe from an operator?

#277 8 years ago

we got a similar choggared here in the SoCal / la area.....

klov username - sugarbear

ebay - alki2326

buyers beware!!!

#278 8 years ago

He's been putting up ads on craigslist in st. Louis lately!

#279 8 years ago

Problem is guys 99% of new collectors have never heard of pinside or KLOV. This past weekend I met a guy about to start a home arcade. He was rich and was just gonna go on eBay and start buying. Course I explained how that was a bad idea, but it's the first stop for newbies. Scammers don't care about forums and communities as they know their prey are unaware of those entities.

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

This past weekend I met a guy about to start a home arcade. He was rich and was just gonna go on eBay and start buying

if he was smart, he wouldn't trust his 100% feedback rating (because he's only sold 2 things in the last year), he'd go back in his history and see the other negative feedbacks

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

if he was smart, he wouldn't trust his 100% feedback rating (because he's only sold 2 things in the last year), he'd go back in his history and see the other negative feedbacks

That's true. Other issue with newbies is they have a lack of knowledge on just what they should be getting for thier money. For example if a pin arrives and works they may just think the blemishes / faults are normal for a game of that age. But as we know almost all eBay prices are above huo mint example prices. Always hear newbies say they think games are cool when they have arcade wear and tear. People change their mind when they encounter a mint or restored example. Happens every time.

#282 8 years ago

The guy from rock island is back stabbing, lying, jerk. he tried to buy games off of me. The guy is full of shit. Just buys and resells. Doesn't care about you or the game. Guy would be prefect for the pinballers show. But the best advise to people in the pinball hobby. Buyer Beware. you get what you pay for

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Buyer Beware. you get what you pay for

Wait. I think the point here is the opposite. The buyer is not getting what he paid for.

#284 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Wait. I think the point here is the opposite. The buyer is not getting what he paid for.

But when you buy a pin sight unseen, you get what you pay for. It was a crappy deal for the guy to buy a whitewater and get lied to and screwed. I feel bad for the buyer. I went one time to look at a game from a guy in joilet IL. Only to see the biggest piece of shit ever. I didn't buy it and later found out he took the pictures of the internet pinball database. but like the buyer said money isn't a object for him. If I spent 4250 and got a crappy game I would be pissed. but then again I always go and pick up my purchase to make sure it's everything the seller says it is. I have no problem getting back in my truck and leaving. it sucks, but I had to do it before

#285 8 years ago

Someone gave me Kevin's information when I was looking for another pinball machine. He seems to buy a lot of games from the St. Louis area, has them repaired by a guy in Chicago, and then resells them. I didn't think his prices were unreasonable, but we didn't get into specifics about condition either.

#286 8 years ago

Somebody should sell Choggard a Predator spot.

#287 8 years ago

It would seem he's getting desperate to find games as he seems to be advertising on every CL around Rock Island. I like how he claims he's a collector - couldn't be farther from the truth.

I once tried to buy a game from him but I could never get him to show me pictures of what I was asking for. He kept taking pictures from a million miles away or at angles where I couldn't see what I was asking about. It only took a couple of back and forth emails with him to figure out it wasn't going to be worth my drive.

Dave

1 month later
#288 8 years ago

I want to give a different perspective. I recently posted a WTB listing on Pinside for a Jurassic Park for under $2200. Kevin contacted me and told me he had a friend that had a really nice one, and shared his contact info with me. I contacted his friend and the machine is now in my basement. It is a GORGEOUS Jurassic Park that doesn't appear to have seen much location use, if any... Price? $1800.

Kevin knew what I was willing to pay and knew what his friend wanted for the machine. He could have simply been the middle man and upped the price a few bucks. I tried to throw a few bucks at him for the lead, he wouldn't hear of it..... I have had nothing but a great experience with him.

I know he moves a lot of machines, and I also know that if you can't see it in person, you shouldn't buy it. I am not saying the other responses to him aren't justified, but I wanted to put this out here, because all reviews of a seller should be heard- Good and Bad.

Thanks again Kevin!

#289 8 years ago

so he is going by "kevin" again? Last time I spoke with him I think it was "Dean" and the time before that it was "Gene"

Glad you got the game and he took care of you. Unfortunately that seems to be the exception.
Based on where you posted the WTB, I assume he must be lurking on WIpinball forum?

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so he is going by "kevin" again? Last time I spoke with him I think it was "Dean" and the time before that it was "Gene"
Glad you got the game and he took care of you. Unfortunately that seems to be the exception.
Based on where you posted the WTB, I assume he must be lurking on WIpinball forum?

His name is Kevin.... he recently just did a large bulk buy with another well known collector as well, so I think he will have more games available fairly soon. I am not sure if he is doing this for a living or not, but he seems to be moving a lot of games. The prices he was shooting me for unshopped machines was very much in line with what I typically pay for unshopped machines (and you know what kind of prices I pay for machines).... So maybe it is just on machines he is cleaning up for resale (I have zero idea).

I posted a WTB in the marketplace here as well, that is where he got my info.

#291 8 years ago

Good to know and thanks! I would definatley like to pay your prices for unshopped machines! I actually would like to find a few unshopped machines that I could clean up and put on route.

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not sure if he is doing this for a living or not

I would say yes:
http://profile.infofree.com/biz/IL/Rock%20Island/K%20&%20K%20Pinball

Also his wanted ads are popping up on every craigslist within a 200 mile range, so I would say only a person doing this for profit would have such time.

#294 8 years ago

I have a small story about a Rock Island purchase.

About 4 years or so ago, a seller from ''Rock Island, IL'' on ebay listed a Theatre of Magic with two pictures of the game for $2500 buy it now. The listing said it didn't work, no idea what was wrong with it. I bought it, conversed with the seller for a good 30 minutes on the phone. He said ''all his friends call him jukebox Bob, to call him that'' I said okay.

When Sti dropped it off, it had a huge scrape/scratch down the left side of the cabinet. Seller claimed it was ''no way like that when it left'' I pressed Sti for a claim and they refused. The good news was, the game worked perfect, all the ribbon cables were upside down

maxresdefault (2).jpgmaxresdefault (2).jpg

1 month later
#295 8 years ago

This guy is back selling a simpson's pinball party on the market place for 4,200

#296 8 years ago

Bump. ^

#298 8 years ago

who sells any pinball without photos?

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

who sells any pinball without photos?

Either people who don't know what they're doing as sellers or guys who are trying to hide something...

#300 8 years ago

morning bump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

17,250 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 453 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-choggared-by-a-guy-in-rock-island/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.