PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

When Winter Is Coming starts, I can't see the ball at all. I'm not kidding, I completely lose track of it in the strobing and out it goes the times I've started it.

That's a personal thing. It's made to impair your vision...don;t have much trouble myself, but I'm also not suspetable to strobing.

Only thing that really bothers me, other than entering the endless cycle when tilting when the ball saver is on, is that the "shoot again" light blinks during multiball at times. I've let a ball drain thinking the ball save was on when it wasn't.

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great point! This happened to me multiple times during a tournament and it killed me!

Yup...same here. It was a double drain too...not cool!

#155 8 years ago

What aboot an easy chunk of change with the vid mode?

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

I have garbage luck with that. I hate it

Try this; hit the right button 30+ times, there you've got a bunch of points

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

in new code you need to parry like once at the beginning, then right button mash and you usually win the first video mode it seems like

True

1 week later
#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

As is, once IT is over, you might as well drop the rest of your balls

Naw, I'd think I'd like to do it all over again.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Okay what about same soft plunge but you need to hit the dragon/white walker kickback or left orbit for the super skill? Not timed, just first switch hit needs to be the kickback or the orbit.

Keep trying

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can't read you. Not a fan of the soft plunge or not a fan of what comes next? Haha

What comes next. Must be timed...too easy to soft plunge and then grab in with right flipper. Then you can do anything easy. EDIT: Well Too easy for super skill shot.

#229 8 years ago

Nice. Super skill shot hit left orbit....super duper skill shot right orbit

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is this still an issue? I just got my pin so don't have experience on the old code, but I play in darkness and the lighting effects don't bother me. Maybe TWD has trained me?

Well there's a lot of people posting in here and only 2 people consistently complaining aboot it...BUT these lights are pretty bright, and I shouldn't ASSume things.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Having spotlight based *flashers* is just horrible.
Anyways, it's pretty easily fixed by moving the two front spotlight flashers to become always on spotlights and adding some light strips.

Metallica suck?

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well if it's called midnight madness, yes. But if it's called secret multiball, no.
Having a secret mode play only at midnight is cool, kind of....why not have it in both locations. Call one midnight madness, and the other secret multiball?

Have to watch out with scoring since I ASSume like other Midnight modes, the score does not count towards High Scores.

1 week later
#350 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

and he immediately suggested a node 8 replacement. So thanks for the info on that.

Buddy said he's already blown through 3 Node boards, but I don't know if it's the same symptoms or not.

Quoted from DaveH:

(Disclaimer: I get it, I'm old and have some eye issues)

How aboot replacing some flashers with incandecents?

Haha...wait till you play a Prem/LE...you're frikkin eyes will melt out of your head! I was playing on route in bright light and it was real bad.

4 weeks later
#402 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"Big points" is a pretty old joke.

I think they should pull a Lawlor & add "little points" to even it out.

#406 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

WIC stomps on lit shots (Mystery, start house)

That one I don't have issues with; I kind of like a little FU from the game sometimes.

#425 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is anyone else noticing their LOL lanes being lit more than once a game? No counting times you buy it from mystery or get it from a pop bumper award.

Yes you light them more than once.
The first time you knock down all 3 targets and it's lit
After that, notice that the 3 lights in front of targets are used as a meter, knocking all down targets, 1 light is lit, then 2...until you have all 3 and LOL is relit.
After the first one it may start with 1 or 2 lights already lit.

Quoted from sk8ball:

Yes. But once a game would be a waste of drop targets as you would never shoot them after that.

Somewhat, other than Baratheon & add a ball

#427 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Drop targets add a ball to mb? Shit, I thought it was only the pops this whole time?

Oh maybe that's just what I want you to think?

#430 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My point is, I think the game is supposed to only allow one LOL outlane save (earned by completing the drop bank), if you have that setting on. It is also the default setting btw. Otherwise, what changes when you turn on the setting of LOL lanes lit by 3 drop bank completions?

I have all default settings on my machine and I'm almost positive that's how it works. Everytime after the first LOL, and I see it has 2 lights in front of the targets, I hit them and LOL comes on.
No other house has any info showing progress so I don't see the point of them having it.

One LOL a game must be a tourney setting...totally stupid if it happened only once a game...it's going to happen and be over on the first ball 97% of the time. You can get multiple ball returns on other Stern games like Kiss.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I shoot them all the time for no reason other than to get a safer carom into the lock targets. Has been a safer shot than a direct hit to the lock targets for me.

Doesn't work that easy on all machines.

#432 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just don't understand what those descriptions mean I guess.

Yeah agreed with you there; makes no sense.

STERN THIS CODE SUCKS!!!

#437 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Don't they still increase spinner value?
Rob

Hmmm I don't know either, but that doesn't do much for me. Spinners for points have been dead forever. I'm not wacking away at the drops just to get the spinner value up...doubt it could be worth it.

#439 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When I have longer games, I have gotten the spinner value to get me 3-4 million a spin. That is pretty good if you get it going with PF multipliers.

Seriously for realz? Wow...I'm going to try that tongihty. It would be too easy then, backhand spinner for 50 mill, catch, pass, backhand for 50.

#442 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

50 mill on the low end. Unmultiplied max spinner should get you 100-120 mil range. But it takes way too many drop target completions to actually do this willingly. It just happens over the course of many multiballs on one ball.

Ahhhh....thanks for the info. Keep my eyes peeled on that one.

#445 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've done that before and it's a lot of fun! I like how the spinner sound changes as the value increases. It get's more 'metallic' sounding.
Rob

Gotcha....the only time I really noticed any diff'rence in sound/points was during baratheon. Always new stuff to find for me

#452 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I got more than one LOL tonight that screwed me over during MB. Seems if you have a couple balls still in play and they both drain down the outlane together, you lose them both and neither come back. Bummer.

With LOL lit you didn't get any ball(s) back? That sounds like a bug...maybe you hit the switches at the exact same time or something wacky
Or maybe they're sticking it to youl Double drain, double shame.

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've seen the same issue with LOL not rewarding a ball kickback during multiball. Seems to happen just as the grace period of the shoot again light ends.

So ball save goes off, ball drains before LOL relights...classic F job.

I love it.

#458 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know for a fact you can, as I do it on a regular basis.

Good lord man...20?!? Grab on to a ball and slow it down.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could it possibly mean 1st target completion awards LOL, then 3 completions awards LOL for the rest of the game VS. LOL only lit by 3 target completions throughout the game?

Good guess

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think LOL should have a difficulty where it's either both sides (easy) or one side alternating (normal).
Rob

Man...people just love to make it harder on themselves eh?

#503 8 years ago

Shuts down orbits anytime it plunges a ball all the way around. It's really annoying, and I try to keep it in mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.