PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rite_eh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago

I had a loose screw on the side of the battering ram as well, but the bottom plate was in place. Sometimes battering ram isn't registering hits for me either.

Occasionally I have a ball released from the lock when it shouldn't be, or an extra ball launched into play. Haven't figured out the pattern, if any, yet.

1 month later
#312 8 years ago

Pardon my ignorance as this is my first pin... but I installed 1.18 several weeks back and haven't encountered the midnight madness mode, though I did set the date/time after the update. Just checked the date/time now and its back to the factory default. I set it, saved, went back in and confirmed it was set and then rebooted the machine. Back to factory default. Repeated the process again with the same result. I assume this is not normal? I noticed there is a battery on the mainboard, maybe it's dead in my brand new machine?

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Are your high scores staying in memory?

Yes they are, as are audit stats. They were all cleared on the update to 1.18, but it sounds like that is to be expected with Stern pins.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sounds like a possible bug. Have you tried setting the time for 11:55PM and then playing for a while to see what happens?

Just did that now, set is to 11:59 (since I'm impatient). After first ball launch game went into midnight madness mode. Six ball multiball is chaotic, haha. Once I rebooted the machine again date/time back to its usual Feb 15, 2015 7:56:xx PM. Didn't mention it before but I have a pro.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, so your battery back up is fine since it is retaining scores. You've proven that midnight madness works as long as the game is not powered off. I'd say software bug or inherent problem with Spike system? I don't own any Spike games(yet) so I can't really say much else.

Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully another GoT owner can confirm if their clock loses its setting as well. Then I'll know if this is an isolated case or an issue with my particular machine. I agree though, seems like a software bug.

Edit: I gave Stern a call, they are going to check it and let me know. When I hear back I'll post an update here.

Edit 2: Chaz at Stern promptly checked into this for me on a machine and with the devs and couldn't reproduce the issue so this isn't normal. They are recommending we replace the CPU board. My two experiences with Stern customer service so far have been great.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing around with being Greyjoy and the first battle being Martel. Isn't Greyjoy supposed to make finishing the houses more difficult? With Greyjoy in alliance with Martel you can just ignore the Greyjoy shots, do the Martel shots as usual and easily complete the house.
I have also noticed the GI flickering on my Pro as someone mentioned before. Just hold the flipper button and then quickly release/press it repeatedly as fast as you can. I don't know if it did that before or not.
Rob

Regarding the flicker I've seen it too, was happening pre 1.18 for me.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

*** Update: Possibly fixed ***
I bent the metal tab on the battery holder so that it now makes contact with the battery. It seems that the machine is now correctly retaining the time.
----------------
I am having a similar issue to the game not keeping time. I can set my time to midnight of today's date. Play Midnight Madness but when I power off the machine and back on, the date and time reset to Feb 15, 2015 at 7:40 or so.
When I first received the game, I did notice that the coin battery was sitting funny in its holder. I straightened it out and the metal tab doesn't touch the back of the battery. Is that tab required to touch for the battery to work?
The game is retaining high scores just not the clock.
I guess I need to call Stern.
Here is a pic of the battery after I straightened it out:
image_(resized).jpeg

Thank you very much for this post and your update. I am going to check mine when I get home and hopefully I have the same issue. Nothing else is misbehaving in my machine so this would be a quick fix. I guess high scores and other settings aren't stored in volatile memory and lost with removal of battery. This would explain why the clock gets reset but nothing else does.

#326 8 years ago

Based on what SaneWilly posted above I inspected my battery holder and the top tab on my holder was sloppy so I bent it down for firmer contact. In my case this didn't make a difference. I confirmed correct polarity and took the battery out again and tested it with a multimeter. My battery was toast, zero volts. Replaced it with a brand new 2032 and now the the date/time survives a reboot.

If you are having an issue with your clock, check the battery holder per SaneWilly's post and if it persists I'd check the battery. Odd that the battery would be DOA but it is obvious now that the battery is only for the internal clock. Settings and high score preservation are not reliant on the battery. I'm glad I didn't proceed with exchanging the CPU board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rite_eh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist?tu=rite_eh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.