PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.
#301 8 years ago

What is the full quote where he says '.... with a name like that.....'

Rob

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What is the full quote where he says '.... with a name like that.....'
Rob

The quote is:
“The Red Viper of Dorne,” you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?

#303 8 years ago

Has anyone found a real good use for the iron bank yet besides house martell? I mean once I used it for a 30mil cash in but that was once in 100+ games. Maybe I just haven't figured out the best time to use it.

Also, iron bank doesn't seem to trigger correctly with pf multipliers. Could be me though.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone found a real good use for the iron bank yet besides house martell? I mean once I used it for a 30mil cash in but that was once in 100+ games. Maybe I just haven't figured out the best time to use it.
Also, iron bank doesn't seem to trigger correctly with pf multipliers. Could be me though.

I don't know either, but it has me now wasting my VIP passes on ACDC when I drain a ball.. lol

Rob

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I like the idea of it being something else like a dragon bomb that was mentioned earlier. Since you can't "be" Targaryn (or however you spell that house) then you could use it that way - Iron Bank I've seen lose a tourney match though when I lost by 40K and didn't use it on one ball (albeit I tilted, but you don't have to use it as you drain)

#306 8 years ago

A good time to cash out is when a nice long MB ends abruptly. You will have lots of gold and multipliers should be up there. I did it again the other night for 42M. My best cash out is 48M. Most players wait until the ball drains and it's semi-worthless at about 1.5M.

I like Keith's idea for Dragon Bombs. Targaryon 3 can be a real beeyotch!

#307 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The quote is:
“The Red Viper of Dorne,” you don't get a name like that unless you're deadly, right?

Thank you Sir!

Rob

#308 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

A good time to cash out is when a nice long MB ends abruptly. You will have lots of gold and multipliers should be up there. I did it again the other night for 42M. My best cash out is 48M. Most players wait until the ball drains and it's semi-worthless at about 1.5M.

Iron Bank Champion!

Rob

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Iron Bank Champion!
Rob

Seriously I like things like that - I know a lot of the newer players on location LOVE getting their initials up. Many of them play just for that. After a while they get out of hand for a casual player so I like there being MORE options for high scores. Weekly is good since daily seems too short, but it's always nice to get up initials

#310 8 years ago

Iron bank champ certainly would rock. Good info and feedback on using the IB lotr_breath!

#311 8 years ago

Yeah the only thing I have thought would be worth cashing it in with 5x playfield running would be a quick drain out from MB. Otherwise your wasting all your multipliers and your ball continues. You could be missing out on 100s of millions of points to cash in the IB in the middle of the ball. I say adapt it a bit too to add more the the strategy. Excited to see where Dwight takes this badboy. Good luck Dwight!

#312 8 years ago

Pardon my ignorance as this is my first pin... but I installed 1.18 several weeks back and haven't encountered the midnight madness mode, though I did set the date/time after the update. Just checked the date/time now and its back to the factory default. I set it, saved, went back in and confirmed it was set and then rebooted the machine. Back to factory default. Repeated the process again with the same result. I assume this is not normal? I noticed there is a battery on the mainboard, maybe it's dead in my brand new machine?

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from rite_eh:

Pardon my ignorance as this is my first pin... but I installed 1.18 several weeks back and haven't encountered the midnight madness mode, though I did set the date/time after the update. Just checked the date/time now and its back to the factory default. I set it, saved, went back in and confirmed it was set and then rebooted the machine. Back to factory default. Repeated the process again with the same result. I assume this is not normal? I noticed there is a battery on the mainboard, maybe it's dead in my brand new machine?

Are your high scores staying in memory?

#314 8 years ago

Actually I noticed something similar but didn't reboot the 2nd time. I'll check my time again later tonight or tomorrow and see if it reset again.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Are your high scores staying in memory?

Yes they are, as are audit stats. They were all cleared on the update to 1.18, but it sounds like that is to be expected with Stern pins.

#316 8 years ago

Sounds like a possible bug. Have you tried setting the time for 11:55PM and then playing for a while to see what happens?

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Sounds like a possible bug. Have you tried setting the time for 11:55PM and then playing for a while to see what happens?

Just did that now, set is to 11:59 (since I'm impatient). After first ball launch game went into midnight madness mode. Six ball multiball is chaotic, haha. Once I rebooted the machine again date/time back to its usual Feb 15, 2015 7:56:xx PM. Didn't mention it before but I have a pro.

#318 8 years ago

OK, so your battery back up is fine since it is retaining scores. You've proven that midnight madness works as long as the game is not powered off. I'd say software bug or inherent problem with Spike system? I don't own any Spike games(yet) so I can't really say much else.

#319 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, so your battery back up is fine since it is retaining scores. You've proven that midnight madness works as long as the game is not powered off. I'd say software bug or inherent problem with Spike system? I don't own any Spike games(yet) so I can't really say much else.

Thanks for your assistance. Hopefully another GoT owner can confirm if their clock loses its setting as well. Then I'll know if this is an isolated case or an issue with my particular machine. I agree though, seems like a software bug.

Edit: I gave Stern a call, they are going to check it and let me know. When I hear back I'll post an update here.

Edit 2: Chaz at Stern promptly checked into this for me on a machine and with the devs and couldn't reproduce the issue so this isn't normal. They are recommending we replace the CPU board. My two experiences with Stern customer service so far have been great.

#320 8 years ago

I was playing around with being Greyjoy and the first battle being Martel. Isn't Greyjoy supposed to make finishing the houses more difficult? With Greyjoy in alliance with Martel you can just ignore the Greyjoy shots, do the Martel shots as usual and easily complete the house.

Rob

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I was playing around with being Greyjoy and the first battle being Martel. Isn't Greyjoy supposed to make finishing the houses more difficult? With Greyjoy in alliance with Martel you can just ignore the Greyjoy shots, do the Martel shots as usual and easily complete the house.
I have also noticed the GI flickering on my Pro as someone mentioned before. Just hold the flipper button and then quickly release/press it repeatedly as fast as you can. I don't know if it did that before or not.
Rob

Regarding the flicker I've seen it too, was happening pre 1.18 for me.

#322 8 years ago

*** Update: Possibly fixed ***
I bent the metal tab on the battery holder so that it now makes contact with the battery. It seems that the machine is now correctly retaining the time.
----------------

I am having a similar issue to the game not keeping time. I can set my time to midnight of today's date. Play Midnight Madness but when I power off the machine and back on, the date and time reset to Feb 15, 2015 at 7:40 or so.
When I first received the game, I did notice that the coin battery was sitting funny in its holder. I straightened it out and the metal tab doesn't touch the back of the battery. Is that tab required to touch for the battery to work?
The game is retaining high scores just not the clock.
I guess I need to call Stern.
Here is a pic of the battery after I straightened it out:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from SaneWilly:

*** Update: Possibly fixed ***
I bent the metal tab on the battery holder so that it now makes contact with the battery. It seems that the machine is now correctly retaining the time.
----------------
I am having a similar issue to the game not keeping time. I can set my time to midnight of today's date. Play Midnight Madness but when I power off the machine and back on, the date and time reset to Feb 15, 2015 at 7:40 or so.
When I first received the game, I did notice that the coin battery was sitting funny in its holder. I straightened it out and the metal tab doesn't touch the back of the battery. Is that tab required to touch for the battery to work?
The game is retaining high scores just not the clock.
I guess I need to call Stern.
Here is a pic of the battery after I straightened it out:
image_(resized).jpeg

Thank you very much for this post and your update. I am going to check mine when I get home and hopefully I have the same issue. Nothing else is misbehaving in my machine so this would be a quick fix. I guess high scores and other settings aren't stored in volatile memory and lost with removal of battery. This would explain why the clock gets reset but nothing else does.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Interesting. I'm fairly certain this isn't the case in the games I've played. I've only played one game of the most recent code that dropped (in case that changed the logic). In prior code revisions, you had to complete all the purple inserts before you could finish Martell, Stark (others, too, I think) when playing as Greyjoy.

Greyjoy DID seem to allow you to earn more points from certain modes because of the additional shots. And Martell is one of them.

#325 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Interesting. I'm fairly certain this isn't the case in the games I've played. I've only played one game of the most recent code that dropped (in case that changed the logic). In prior code revisions, you had to complete all the purple inserts before you could finish Martell, Stark (others, too, I think) when playing as Greyjoy.
Greyjoy DID seem to allow you to earn more points from certain modes because of the additional shots. And Martell is one of them.

The problem is Martell's scoring can be pretty random as-is. Granted, if you make your orbits and ramps *very* quickly, then it's worth a lot, but if you're slower, anything can happen. I've seen cases where my second "jackbot builds" value was *less* than the first, also cases where I've seen stuff like 19m, 5m, then 10m.

#326 8 years ago

Based on what SaneWilly posted above I inspected my battery holder and the top tab on my holder was sloppy so I bent it down for firmer contact. In my case this didn't make a difference. I confirmed correct polarity and took the battery out again and tested it with a multimeter. My battery was toast, zero volts. Replaced it with a brand new 2032 and now the the date/time survives a reboot.

If you are having an issue with your clock, check the battery holder per SaneWilly's post and if it persists I'd check the battery. Odd that the battery would be DOA but it is obvious now that the battery is only for the internal clock. Settings and high score preservation are not reliant on the battery. I'm glad I didn't proceed with exchanging the CPU board.

#327 8 years ago

After beating Targaryean, I was thinking there could be some callouts for it to let's you know when to shoot the dragon. Sometimes I was making shots too quickly so the shield lights weren't showing up. I had to trap up to see where my next shots were. Or have the blue shots always lit no matter what, so you can always see where your next shot is at if you're trying to combo them all together like I was doing.

#328 8 years ago

Speaking of beating Targaryen... apparently as of 1.21, the Targaryen III with Greyjoy bug is *still* present.

#329 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Speaking of beating Targaryen... apparently as of 1.21, the Targaryen III with Greyjoy bug is *still* present.

Are we sure this is a bug? I've beaten Targaryen playing as greyjoy several times.

#330 8 years ago

There's more weirdness to report with Greyjoy and Martel. You don't have to hit the Greyjoy shots to beat Martel and the last shot animation doesn't play where Red Viper does a leaping spear attack. Instead, it shows instructions for the add-a-ball. I had one game tonight where I was sure I finished Martel because the shield light was solid and I was almost sure I was then playing Lannister because it was the only one blinking. Except, the game was showing the wrong animations. It's like I was playing against Martel again and the display showed the final Martel animation 2 or 3 times (with the finale fanfare) during the battle as I was making shots. I tried to reproduce this several times but I could not. I know something was not right because that particular leaping spear animation is only supposed to play once at the end of Martel. I think the dots still said "Trial by combat", but I was possibly also getting some Lannister animations too.

I am certain I picked Greyjoy to start the game and Martel was the first house I did battle with. Unless there's some nuance of GreyJoy rules I am missing here? Or is the code a bit confused because it doesn't get to play the last Martel animation if you started with Greyjoy?

Rob

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

There's more weirdness to report with Greyjoy and Martel. You don't have to hit the Greyjoy shots to beat Martel and the last shot animation doesn't play where Red Viper does a leaping spear attack. Instead, it shows instructions for the add-a-ball. I had one game tonight where I was sure I finished Martel because the shield light was solid and I was almost sure I was then playing Lannister because it was the only one blinking. Except, the game was showing the wrong animations. It's like I was playing against Martel again and the display showed the final Martel animation 2 or 3 times (with the finale fanfare) during the battle as I was making shots. I tried to reproduce this several times but I could not. I know something was not right because that particular leaping spear animation is only supposed to play once at the end of Martel. I think the dots still said "Trial by combat", but I was possibly also getting some Lannister animations too.
I am certain I picked Greyjoy to start the game and Martel was the first house I did battle with. Unless there's some nuance of GreyJoy rules I am missing here? Or is the code a bit confused because it doesn't get to play the last Martel animation if you started with Greyjoy?
Rob

I had something similar happen last night. Not sure if I was greyjoy or not. But after completing Martel, the eb lit, I got the eb, then shot the center ramp to start a new mode but it instead showed the final animation of Martel again and awarded me a trial by combat award but never showed another final Martel score. Gameplay then continued as normal.

#332 8 years ago

I have not noticed any audio stutter in the latest code release. Although there are still times where the volume noticeably raises for a second or two.

Rob

#333 8 years ago

The bug where the super jackpot is lit after the end of Blackwater Multiball and does not award when hit, still happens in the current 1.21 code.

Rob

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The bug where the super jackpot is lit after the end of Blackwater Multiball and does not award when hit, still happens in the current 1.21 code.
Rob

Sounds like that would be an easy fix for them.
Hopefully will make it in the next version.

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Sounds like that would be an easy fix for them.
Hopefully will make it in the next version.

Yup, no rush. I believe Dwight reads the thread so I'm just trying to offer some feedback on bugs/issues I find. GoT is such a great game that I am contemplating trading/selling my pro and getting a premium.

Rob

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Yup, no rush. I believe Dwight reads the thread so I'm just trying to offer some feedback on bugs/issues I find. GoT is such a great game that I am contemplating trading/selling my pro and getting a premium.
Rob

You may want to play a PREM first. There's no question the light show and expanded ruleset is a big bonus. But The gameplay between the two are nearly unanimously agreeable amongst pinheads that these 2 versions are the most different from each other than any other past pro vs PREM game. The right ramp and fast fluent gameplay coupled with the ruleset is making this pro version one of my most favorite and addicting pins to date. Still honeymoon though I know I know. But I'm glad a buddy of mine is getting a PREM so I can really dig in and see which I prefer more.

#337 8 years ago

I think I just found another bug in the current code when stacking house Stark with Blackwater multiball (I know, a terrible choice, haha).

Once Blackwater starts, I let the first ball drain, and then hit the second ball up the center ramp repeatedly about 10 times in a row to build Stark value (keeping an additional remaining ball in the Sword lock the whole time). After looping that center ramp that many times (and all the while keeping an additional ball held up in the Sword lock), a Technician Alert displays on the DMD indicating a problem with the lock switches, and the game comes to a halt. Eventually a ball search kicks in & releases 1 ball back into play, but you're still in Blackwater multiball, albeit with only 1 ball.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

I think I just found another bug in the current code when stacking house Stark with Blackwater multiball (I know, a terrible choice, haha).
Once Blackwater starts, I let the first ball drain, and then hit the second ball up the center ramp repeatedly about 10 times in a row to build Stark value (keeping an additional remaining ball in the Sword lock the whole time). After looping that center ramp that many times (and all the while keeping an additional ball held up in the Sword lock), a Technician Alert displays on the DMD indicating a problem with the lock switches, and the game comes to a halt. Eventually a ball search kicks in & releases 1 ball back into play, but you're still in Blackwater multiball, albeit with only 1 ball.

I tried this, but could not reproduce it. However I did find out that a tilt warning during the 'choose your battle' screen cancels your ability to choose a battle.

Rob

#339 8 years ago

Has anybody else had this problem: When you play Baratheon, very early in the first ball, when the ball is firing back and forth between the slings, the lower PF power (GI and flippers) will go out for a second or two? It's really annoying to lose power to your flippers for a moment...especially when the ball is on them and drains.

This has to be a code issue. It only happens with Baratheon, and only on the first ball, and only when multiple things fire quickly, like slings.

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Has anybody else had this problem: When you play Baratheon, very early in the first ball, when the ball is firing back and forth between the slings, the lower PF power (GI and flippers) will go out for a second or two? It's really annoying to lose power to your flippers for a moment...especially when the ball is on them and drains.
This has to be a code issue. It only happens with Baratheon, and only on the first ball, and only when multiple things fire quickly, like slings.

I wonder if you have a flakey node board 8?

Rob

#341 8 years ago

No idea how node boards work or what the symptoms are. I'll have to play more tomorrow, and if it continues, I'll call Stern. Again.

#342 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if you have a flakey node board 8?
Rob

Called Stern today and talked to Chas. Told him how intermittently my lower playfield lights and flippers will cut out for a second or two, and he immediately suggested a node 8 replacement. So thanks for the info on that.

Now, we'll see if that actually fixes it. I'm nervous because it seems to happen only during certain things, like a Castle Black shot or the gold targets to either side. Normally I would think it's a bad connection somewhere, but I checked everything.

We'll see. Thanks again, and pray for me.

#343 8 years ago

I have noticed in a multi-player game that the upper playfield targets don't reset between players. For example, if player 1 hits the center lit target then drains completely, player 2 will start with that center target not lit.
I wonder if this is intentional or a bug?

#344 8 years ago

(Disclaimer: I get it, I'm old and have some eye issues)

Stern, please give me a setting to tone down the Winter Is Coming effect, because when it happens along with the start of Wall Multiball, I may as well shut the game off.

And I know, it was dumb of me to even start a game in a dark room. Usually I don't, but I was sneaking in one last game for the night. I had stopped bitching about this because I love GoT. The game is a masterpiece. But I had Wall ready to go. I hit the Dragon shot, and it started both Wall, and Winter is Coming on that shot. Lost all the balls, but I was Martell, so bam, again. Quickly down to two balls again, but trapped them and waited... And waited and waited. I finally just dumped the balls and shut the game off.

It's a very cool effect that is overdone. I don't find it fun, and if you were completely blinded by it, you would feel the same. It's not pinball, it is a frustrating mess to me. If you disagree loudly enough I'll come to your house with an LED flashlight and hit you in the eye with it so you can see how it feels to me. I didn't say shine, I said hit.

#345 8 years ago

Nooooo say it isn't so Dave, I love the WIC lighting!

Does feature adjustment #32 help with it at all?

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I am glad the reduced lighting effects are an option, not a wholesale change in the game. At least it gives us the choice to have it one way or another. Yes they are crazy, but I like it like that

Rob

#347 8 years ago

Crossposting what I believe to be a code bug:

I spent several hours looking at my two orbit issues today.
1 - The left orbit doesn't make it all the way around when it's supposed to. Capguntrooper's metal bracket is the only fix for this that I've seen. Stern is looking into this problem.
2 - Sometimes on hard right flipper shots the ball rebounds back down to the left orbit. This is what I spent a ton of time looking at tonight. This is NOT a problem with the leftmost pop bumper lane plastic - it's a combination of two issues:
A. The ball hits the top ring of the middle pop bumper lane plastic (might be fixed by Capguntrooper's metal bracket.)
B. The left control gate stays open long enough for the ball to rebound back out to the left orbit.
I believe that code could solve issue B - that control gate could pulse for a shorter period of time and it would limit the left orbit rejects.
There is no current adjustment in the code for this solenoid. Hopefully Dwight sees this and can take a look.
Thanks for reading!

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Stern, please give me a setting to tone down the Winter Is Coming effect, because when it happens along with the start of Wall Multiball, I may as well shut the game off.
And I know, it was dumb of me to even start a game in a dark room. Usually I don't, but I was sneaking in one last game for the night. I had stopped bitching about this because I love GoT. The game is a masterpiece. But I had Wall ready to go. I hit the Dragon shot, and it started both Wall, and Winter is Coming on that shot. Lost all the balls, but I was Martell, so bam, again. Quickly down to two balls again, but trapped them and waited... And waited and waited. I finally just dumped the balls and shut the game off.
It's a very cool effect that is overdone. I don't find it fun, and if you were completely blinded by it, you would feel the same. It's not pinball, it is a frustrating mess to me. If you disagree loudly enough I'll come to your house with an LED flashlight and hit you in the eye with it so you can see how it feels to me. I didn't say shine, I said hit.

This is exactly true and utterly solved on my game.

#349 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That adjustment only works for Blackwater (as far as I know).

Give that exact one a try. Start Wall Multiball on the same shot as WIC on the dragon shot, and do it in a dark room.

The effect is cool, like you are beyond the wall in a raging blizzard with snow pelting off your eyes, but it is so intense I can't see the balls at all. The solution is to play with lights on, but really, if they are going that far with lighting, there should be an option.

#350 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

and he immediately suggested a node 8 replacement. So thanks for the info on that.

Buddy said he's already blown through 3 Node boards, but I don't know if it's the same symptoms or not.

Quoted from DaveH:

How aboot replacing some flashers with incandecents?

Haha...wait till you play a Prem/LE...you're frikkin eyes will melt out of your head! I was playing on route in bright light and it was real bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.