PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that makes sense. No wonder I suck at this game. It's a complete lack of understanding of the rules. And lack of skill.

And don't forget your below-average looks.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

And don't forget your below-average looks.

Right. That too. And my above-average weight.

You've been talking to my wife, haven't you? Probably friended her on Facebook.

#253 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, that makes sense. No wonder I suck at this game. It's a complete lack of understanding of the rules. And lack of skill.

I know! When people are talking about 1.5 Billion values of Stark I'm like

#254 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought the more wildfire you collected before starting BW MB the higher the base jackpots were. No?

Something like that I think.

Rob

#256 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Where are they talking about this?

#257 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You just gotta know how to use each houses powers. For instance, house stark is based on higher WIC scoring. I also hear that stark has higher scoring in WHC mb and HOTK. So, try passing on all the house battles and focus on WIC. Then, after playing WHC, cash in in the house battles with BW mb and WMB and get HOTK going. For extra scoring, complete a house or two before starting WHC mb so you can get 3X or 4X multipliers.

As for wildfire, house Martel can benefit from boosting wildfire and keeping those BW supers going. I also heard higher scoring will be added to BW mb in a coming update so that'll increase the risk/reward of building wildfire especially as house Martel.

I think the mystery rewards do need some polishing and and more than 2 items to choose from. Seems like house Lannister is the weakest of all the houses. Although I have gotten a golden hand or hand of gold or something like that from it before. But a few more pricey items added and a 3rd buy option would be nice. Few things that could be added for a high price could be:

- longer ball saver during BW mb
- additional ball added to your next multiball
- bonus held option seems to only occur on ball 3?

Also, during HOTK; it seems like you get benefits of the multiball based on which of the 4 houses you completed - can anyone confirm this? I thought this at first but then it seemed to start showing me house bonuses for a house I haven't even started (I.e. Tyrell inlanes). Maybe I'm not completely following the method of the mode.

#258 8 years ago

You guys need to read the code read me files if you have not. There's some great info in there...

Back in v1.03
- Each House completed before Hand starts will change or add to the rules
of the multiball.
- Targaryen will increase the base value of all shots
- Stark Will add a "Bonus Round" at the end of each set
- Baratheon will increase from 4 shots needed to all 7 shots.
- Lannister will increase the starting value of the SJP Hurry Up
- Greyjopy will subtract one set needed before SJP Hurry Up.
- Tyrell will increase the value of the Super Jackpot
- Martell - Each shot needs to be shot twice

v.1.16 added this
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE

- Changed the number of Winter is coming needed from 7 to 4.

And in v.1.18
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.

- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.

- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.

- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth

- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.

#259 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

You guys need to read the code read me files if you have not. There's some great info in there...
Back in v1.03
- Each House completed before Hand starts will change or add to the rules
of the multiball.
- Targaryen will increase the base value of all shots
- Stark Will add a "Bonus Round" at the end of each set
- Baratheon will increase from 4 shots needed to all 7 shots.
- Lannister will increase the starting value of the SJP Hurry Up
- Greyjopy will subtract one set needed before SJP Hurry Up.
- Tyrell will increase the value of the Super Jackpot
- Martell - Each shot needs to be shot twice
v.1.16 added this
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE
- Changed the number of Winter is coming needed from 7 to 4.
And in v.1.18
- Reduced the number of sets needed to "complete" Hand of the king from
4 to 3. Greyjoy still reduces it by 1 from 3 to 2.
- Changed the calculation that converts wildfire into jackpot value
for blackwater multiball. Jackpots are worth more with less wildfire.
This also increases the super jackpot values too.
- Tweaked how much gold you get from different areas of the game. If you
are not Lannister you will average less gold per ball.
- Increased how much gold is worth from bonus.
- Reduced how much Wall jackpots and super jackpots are worth
- Increased how much WINTER HAS COME Boss is worth.

Really are some crazy good rules in some of these modes and multiballs.

#260 8 years ago

Minor... When you go to start Greyjoy one of the callouts is "We do not kneel"... I'm pretty sure that is Mance Rayder (The King beyond the wall) saying it. Born as a Wildling and raised by the Nights Watch (whom he deserted), he has no association with Greyjoy that I'm aware of.

#261 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Minor... When you go to start Greyjoy one of the callouts is "We do not kneel"... I'm pretty sure that is Mance Rayder (The King beyond the wall) saying it. Born as a Wildling and raised by the Nights Watch (whom he deserted), he has no association with Greyjoy that I'm aware of.

You are absolutely correct. And he said it to Stannis Baratheon, so it really has nothing to do with Greyjoy at all.

#262 8 years ago

I received my GOTLE last week and have just now started to get the hang of it. I have to say that I am really enjoying this game!

As far as software bugs, I have only seen two so far on software 1.02

1) The upper playfield left flipper suffers from "limpness." It is just kind of inconsistently soft and just kind of pushes the ball around rather than striking it. I feel that this is software as it didn't do this on the prior software.
2) In multiplayer games, it will sometimes release all of the locked balls into play and give someone a free multiball. I have never seen this in a single player game.

I emailed Stern software about each of these.

Physically, I had to adjust the post at the throne to keep it from blocking the ball and I had to slightly adjust the throne so that the ball would stay in it during the mystery shot. I am also occasionally seeing the ball get caught by the gate at the top right behind the throne. Pretty sure I can adjust that.

I have not had any issues with the VUK sending the ball to the wrong place. I have sometimes not had WIC show me where to shoot.

Hopefully there will be a new code version soon and it will clear up the software issues we are seeing.

#263 8 years ago

Here's one: if playing as Baratheon and you lock a ball. The shot back into play will award a Baratheon shot as it loops past the pops gates and hits the left orbit switch.

#264 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Winter Is Coming - And it is bringing horrific lighting effects.
This may have already been discussed. And yes, my setting to help intense light effects is on.
When Winter Is Coming starts, I can't see the ball at all. I'm not kidding, I completely lose track of it in the strobing and out it goes the times I've started it. That is going to need to be changed. Blackwater with the setting is so much better than it was last time I played on location. But WIC just doesn't work for me.

The game was unplayable for me before I fixed it. People like to say this is part of the challenge of the game. I don't think the games challenge is intended to blind you so you can't see the ball. The game was designed in a well lit room. I'm sending our fix to "those guys" at Pinballbulbs to ship. Just waiting on some fuses to arrive.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game was unplayable for me before I fixed it. People like to say this is part of the challenge of the game. I don't think the games challenge is intended to blind you so you can't see the ball. The game was designed in a well lit room. I'm sending our fix to "those guys" at Pinballbulbs to ship. Just waiting on some fuses to arrive.

Is this still an issue? I just got my pin so don't have experience on the old code, but I play in darkness and the lighting effects don't bother me. Maybe TWD has trained me?

#266 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is this still an issue? I just got my pin so don't have experience on the old code, but I play in darkness and the lighting effects don't bother me. Maybe TWD has trained me?

Well there's a lot of people posting in here and only 2 people consistently complaining aboot it...BUT these lights are pretty bright, and I shouldn't ASSume things.

#267 8 years ago

I love it...and I do think they tried to use lighting effects to gimp you during multiballs and hurry-ups. Seems too coincidental that you'd be disoriented by the lights only during key moments in your gameplay.

#268 8 years ago

I love it. The WIC lighting effect is bad ass, no blind about it

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

TWD wasnt too bad in comparison. The GoT is the worst, ever in a dark room. Having spotlight based *flashers* is just horrible. Anyways, it's pretty easily fixed by moving the two front spotlight flashers to become always on spotlights and adding some light strips.

I cant play normal games in a dark room. There's a tunnel of darkness near the flippers (right where you need light the most) and my eyes cannot track the ball well like that.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Having spotlight based *flashers* is just horrible.
Anyways, it's pretty easily fixed by moving the two front spotlight flashers to become always on spotlights and adding some light strips.

Metallica suck?

#271 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Martell - When I'm playing as Martell and make the 3 orbit shots, but drain before the collect, the collect is awarded, the house light is on, and a sword is awarded.
I haven't checked is draining on the collection shot of other houses does the same, but it is every time on Martell.

The 3rd orbit shot is actually a collect. The ramp is just a "bonus" collect.

This makes it the only house you can complete without necessarily playing it perfectly, though I'm not sure if that was the intent.

#272 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Metallica suck?

Thanks for trying to take this drastically out of context. Metallica has actual spotlights acting as general illumination and the spotlight based flashers are only pointing way to the back at sparky. You're seriously comparing this to GoT where there is no GI based spotlighting and instead it has spotlights *all over* acting solely as flashers?

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I love it. The WIC lighting effect is bad ass, no blind about it

Best GI effect ever, i nearly feel the chill of coldness.
And BW MB has to blind you, it is wildfire!!!

#274 8 years ago

Has anyone noticed insert problems on the GoT playfield? Just saw pictures where many inserts are getting milky on the edges ... from one day to the next day an enormous change to the worse.

Got_1_(resized).jpgGot_1_(resized).jpg
Got_2_(resized).jpgGot_2_(resized).jpg

Got_3_(resized).jpegGot_3_(resized).jpeg

#275 8 years ago

That's insert ghosting, and while very common, it certainly shouldn't be happening on a brand new game. I would contact Stern with those pictures.

#276 8 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Has anyone noticed insert problems on the GoT playfield? Just saw pictures where many inserts are getting milky on the edges ... from one day to the next day an enormous change to the worse.
Got_1_(resized).jpg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg

Yup, it was noticed last night on my game. Including the 4x insert actually separating and the clear chipping. Also quite a few of them ghosting quickly. I was going to contact them today or tomorrow, because as boob said, unacceptable in a brand new machine. From the look of it the 4x on my machine will start ripping up soon.

It is a bummer. I was fine if it was stuff with the new hardware system, but not the playfield eating itself.

#277 8 years ago

Extra Ball during Blackwater multiball. If you get it, the entire game goes dark as it is awarding the extra ball. All the lights are off for WAY too long during a multiball. This isn't a "my eyes are old and so I can't see during WIC" type of complaint, this is total darkness during some frenetic play.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Yup, it was noticed last night on my game. Including the 4x insert actually separating and the clear chipping. Also quite a few of them ghosting quickly. I was going to contact them today or tomorrow, because as boob said, unacceptable in a brand new machine. From the look of it the 4x on my machine will start ripping up soon.
It is a bummer. I was fine if it was stuff with the new hardware system, but not the playfield eating itself.

Can you tell me when your GoT has been build? Maybe its affecting a whole charge of playfields, usually they have a stamp on the side of the playfield, thats the date I'm looking for.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

My pro is one of the first ones available. The inserts all look ok to me, no ghosting.

Rob

#280 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

The 3rd orbit shot is actually a collect. The ramp is just a "bonus" collect.
This makes it the only house you can complete without necessarily playing it perfectly, though I'm not sure if that was the intent.

Thanks. This makes a lot more sense now. And I think the "bonus" collect gets ratcheted up by the multiplied amount you collect on the 3rd orbit. Martell can be very nice payout with very few shots, and able to complete during a Ram playfield X timer.

#281 8 years ago

the picture with the ghosting inserts, which were postet by "the_one", are taken from my GOT pro.
The production date of my GOT is "OCT 19 2015".
The playfield does have the following sticker on it, see the picture, and is produced on "Oct 07 2015".

PF_(resized).jpgPF_(resized).jpg

#282 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing the infos.

#283 8 years ago

Hi All,
Just got GOT LE 62 and update to current code 1.02. I just noticed that I have 23 tech alerts! All switch issues D-1 through D-31 plus a few extras...
I should have time to tinker tonight but thought I would ask the group...any thoughts??

I also notice that when I plunge the ball it takes awhile (like the ball finder has to activate) for it to pop to the Iron Throne...sometimes for the upper playfield but mainly when it goes to the Throne...Maybe I'll deal with my 23 teach alerts first LOL...

Thanks much!!

#284 8 years ago

Ignore the 23 tech alerts. You and everybody else here got those. It's a major bug in the update...hopefully fixed in 1.03! Don't know about the delay in getting to the throne, though...

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from SPGMatt:

Hi All,
Just got GOT LE 62 and update to current code 1.02. I just noticed that I have 23 tech alerts! All switch issues D-1 through D-31 plus a few extras...
I should have time to tinker tonight but thought I would ask the group...any thoughts??
I also notice that when I plunge the ball it takes awhile (like the ball finder has to activate) for it to pop to the Iron Throne...sometimes for the upper playfield but mainly when it goes to the Throne...Maybe I'll deal with my 23 teach alerts first LOL...
Thanks much!!

Tech alerts are code related I believe. Next code update should fix.

#286 8 years ago

The left orbit shot on all of the GOTLE game play videos that I have watched and the GOTLE I have played on route the ball does not make a complete loop from the left orbit like it is designed to. All of the pros I have played the ball goes the whole way around when it is exposed to. Can anybody that owns a GOTLE let me know if their game works like it is intended?

I even asked Steve Richie about the situation and he gave me some tips on the how to fix it. The tips are below.

1. Check the wires running to the electric gates. On some games, the wires were too long and can actually interfere with the ball. Pull the slack out behind the back panel, if there is any.

2. Remove the upper playfield, (it's not that difficult, go to pinside.com and there is a tutorial about removing it), and see what causes the ball to stop at the jets. You may not have to remove the upper playfield if you can watch/see what the ball does when it passes the horizontal blade diverter that opens up to let the ball into the Elevator. It has mounting screws under the playfield that can be loosened and the unit moved fore and aft a bit. I would try this before removing the upper playfield. It may be the culprit.

3. Don't forget to shoot balls through LEFT and RIGHT orbits after making a position adjustment to the diverter. It is possible to screw up the right orbit action with a radical adjustment.

Can anybody let me know if this issue is fixable on their GOTLE? Thanks.

#287 8 years ago

Thanks all for the input!

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the mystery rewards do need some polishing and and more than 2 items to choose from.

Thought I would add it in this thread too.

Just like Eskaybee said, would love to see some more options in the "shop" in a later update. Maybe "greyed out" options that you could buy if you had more gold. Would make me consider to save some more or buy something with my current gold.

But first fix the current code and all of the bugs.

#289 8 years ago

Since update to 1.02 I have noticed a problem with the drop targets. When I hit a drop target it drops but then flings the ball so hard, it has hit the glass several times. I saw in the code for 1.02 they increased the delay in the bank resetting upon third one getting knocked down. But I am talking about when hitting just one or two and the thing flinging the ball back in a very jittery manner, like the down target is slightly jolting up and launching the ball , but not during bank reset. Is there an adjustment for this? Anyone else notice this issue?

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Since update to 1.02 I have noticed a problem with the drop targets. When I hit a drop target it drops but then flings the ball so hard, it has hit the glass several times. I saw in the code for 1.02 they increased the delay in the bank resetting upon third one getting knocked down. But I am talking about when hitting just one or two and the thing flinging the ball back in a very jittery manner, like the down target is slightly jolting up and launching the ball , but not during bank reset. Is there an adjustment for this? Anyone else notice this issue?

That almost sounds like the ball is getting air off the flipper, then hitting the top of the target which is launching it. A lot of times the ball is actually already in an odd state. I'm just going by the ones I used to get off iron man where the back standup targets looked like they were launching the ball, but it was actually the Monger plate.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from Henke1985:

Thought I would add it in this thread too.
Just like Eskaybee said, would love to see some more options in the "shop" in a later update. Maybe "greyed out" options that you could buy if you had more gold. Would make me consider to save some more or buy something with my current gold.
But first fix the current code and all of the bugs.

In case Dwight isn't reading every single GOT thread here's my response. And while I thought it was a good idea at first for grey'd out options, I don't think the implementation will be very productive:

1. So many choices. It'll be a long list and to cycle through all of it will take away a lot of playtime.
2. It is still a mystery award. So I 'think' how it works is it'll give you 2 random choices on what you can afford.

That said, I don't think I'd like to see all the Grey options, itll be too confusing and too long of a list - bad for on location play and casual play for that mattee. But, it would be nice to see more lucrative awards that Lannister can benefit from.

And Dwight, you need to throw in midnight madness as a 5 gold purchasable item AFTER the player has made it to the iron throne.

I did midnight madness the other night; what a fun humorous mode. Gotta add it as a special feature for those that made it through the entire game

#292 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In case Dwight isn't reading every single GOT thread here's my response. And while I thought it was a good idea at first for grey'd out options, I don't think the implementation will be very productive:
1. So many choices. It'll be a long list and to cycle through all of it will take away a lot of playtime.
2. It is still a mystery award. So I 'think' how it works is it'll give you 2 random choices on what you can afford.
That said, I don't think I'd like to see all the Grey options, itll be too confusing and too long of a list - bad for on location play and casual play for that mattee. But, it would be nice to see more lucrative awards that Lannister can benefit from.
And Dwight, you need to throw in midnight madness as a 5 gold purchasable item AFTER the player has made it to the iron throne.
I did midnight madness the other night; what a fun humorous mode. Gotta add it as a special feature for those that made it through the entire game

Wouldn't allowing "MIDNIGHT" madness to occur when its not midnight water it down? make it less special?

- Dwight

#293 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Wouldn't allowing "MIDNIGHT" madness to occur when its not midnight water it down? make it less special?
- Dwight

I think so. I have never seen this one nor any other midnight madness mode, but I cannot wait until friends are over late night playing and it just starts up. Gonna be awesome!

#294 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

- Dwight

Well if it's called midnight madness, yes. But if it's called secret multiball, no.

Having a secret mode play only at midnight is cool, kind of....why not have it in both locations. Call one midnight madness, and the other secret multiball?

Id rather earn my awards when playing pinball and not just play it at specific times and/or just set my games internal clock 2 hours ahead to meet my practical late playtime hours. But that's just my 2 cents.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I have seen the exact opposite. I used to see the pops shoot the ball up into the glass, but now with the delay to reset, the problem seems to have been fixed. Nice code work!

#296 8 years ago

I will try some tinkering...

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well if it's called midnight madness, yes. But if it's called secret multiball, no.
Having a secret mode play only at midnight is cool, kind of....why not have it in both locations. Call one midnight madness, and the other secret multiball?
Id rather earn my awards when playing pinball and not just play it at specific times and/or just set my games internal clock 2 hours ahead to meet my practical late playtime hours. But that's just my 2 cents.

Agreed.

Zooming out a bit. Stuff to buy in Mystery that you have unlocked through achievements is a good idea.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have to watch out with scoring since I ASSume like other Midnight modes, the score does not count towards High Scores.

#299 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Agreed.
Zooming out a bit. Stuff to buy in Mystery that you have unlocked through achievements is a good idea.

Now that's a great idea. And maybe those bonus mystery items could be the "grey'd out" items (if unaffordable and unlocked) that we had mentioned earlier, perhaps.

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Agreed.

"Dragon Bombs"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.