PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
#201 8 years ago

Mentioned this in the other GOT kicks ass thread. I would like to see something like if you win the Iron Throne you have to defend the Throne against each house by going through the modes again. They would play differently than the first go around like ST, and if you completed all modes again, that would be another wizard mode. One for the Pro level players to struggle to get, and us measly average players to dream about getting to haha.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mentioned this in the other GOT kicks ass thread. I would like to see something like if you win the Iron Throne you have to defend the Throne against each house by going through the modes again. They would play differently than the first go around like ST, and if you completed all modes again, that would be another wizard mode. One for the Pro level players to struggle to get, and us measly average players to dream about getting to haha.

That'd be good. Cause the current code has diddly squat after IT is complete, and that's really disappointing

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

That'd be good. Cause the current code has diddly squat after IT is complete, and that's really disappointing

What do you mean? Does the game start back over from scratch? I heard that happens if you don't complete the IT mode. What about when you beat it?

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

...not that I would know. Man, I have GOT to take the glass off tomorrow.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean? Does the game start back over from scratch? I heard that happens if you don't complete the IT mode. What about when you beat it?

Iron Throne continues over to the next ball if you drain during it.

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Iron Throne continues over to the next ball if you drain during it.

Well that's lame.

#207 8 years ago

Just wanted to clarify the rule for stacking locks. Like I said before, you cannot stack locks. If lock is lit, hitting the wildfire targets subsequent times will light the battering ram for additional wildfire that you can collect before Blackwater multiball. I believe the more wildfire you bring into the BW MB, the more lucrative the JPs in MW MB. Hope that helps anyone that was confused. I just figured this out the other day.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also, if you beat it, the game starts over. It seemed like the houses were harder the second time around though. You can earn another extra ball at 3 more houses defeated too.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Once you've completed all of the castles, it starts lighting 3 random shots at a time until you're down to one ball. After that, you start over. I'm not really clear on what happens, as we don't get there very often, but we always go with Greyjoy, but the house is unlit. You can light it and do the feature. You can do the others to, and while selecting, it'll say "in alliance with House Greyjoy", but it won't play like it. It'll play like it would any other time. I haven't been able to gauge if you keep your abilities or not (always forget to pay attention). And HotK is already solid, as though you can't get it again.

Oh yeah, and the scoring of everything resets. Which also sucks. The "postgame" feels very incomplete to me. At least if the scoring didn't reset, or if the modes were harder, or worth more or something, it'd be better. As is, once IT is over, you might as well drop the rest of your balls

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

Once you've completed all of the castles, it starts lighting 3 random shots at a time until you're down to one ball. After that, you start over. I'm not really clear on what happens, as we don't get there very often, but we always go with Greyjoy, but the house is unlit. You can light it and do the feature. You can do the others to, and while selecting, it'll say "in alliance with House Greyjoy", but it won't play like it. It'll play like it would any other time. I haven't been able to gauge if you keep your abilities or not (always forget to pay attention). And HotK is already solid, as though you can't get it again.
Oh yeah, and the scoring of everything resets. Which also sucks. The "postgame" feels very incomplete to me. At least if the scoring didn't reset, or if the modes were harder, or worth more or something, it'd be better. As is, once IT is over, you might as well drop the rest of your balls

Great. Thanks for the explanation.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

As is, once IT is over, you might as well drop the rest of your balls

Naw, I'd think I'd like to do it all over again.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw, I'd think I'd like to do it all over again.

Well, we do try. Haven't made it through 4 houses for a second time to see if you get to do HotK again, much less IT. Though IT doesn'tstart off lit.

#213 8 years ago

On LE I would really like to see Stern remove the ball going to the Iron Throne at the start of a ball. You getting nothing and the ball drops onto the pops. Why not have it go to upper playfield? It serves no purpose and is almost like missing a shot and bricking it. Let me do something with the ball at least besides watching it roll down a ramp to the I.T. and get kicked off of it with little or no points, no selections or features. Really lame hope it's something they will address.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

On LE I would really like to see Stern remove the ball going to the Iron Throne at the start of a ball. You getting nothing and the ball drops onto the pops. Why not have it go to upper playfield? It serves no purpose and is almost like missing a shot and bricking it. Let me do something with the ball at least besides watching it roll down a ramp to the I.T. and get kicked off of it with little or no points, no selections or features. Really lame hope it's something they will address.

Or when you light extra ball on your second ball, drain, plunge your third ball, and get the extra ball without having made the shot to earn it. That should be programmed out (although a sucky player like me is happy to have the advantage now!).

I'm still having the problem when every now and then the ball pops up to the upper playfield, but mystery/the throne is triggered. You have to choose your mystery item while keeping the ball alive on a dark playfield. It's pissing me off because I don't know what would cause that.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Or when you light extra ball on your second ball, drain, plunge your third ball, and get the extra ball without having made the shot to earn it. That should be programmed out (although a sucky player like me is happy to have the advantage now!).
I'm still having the problem when every now and then the ball pops up to the upper playfield, but mystery/the throne is triggered. You have to choose your mystery item while keeping the ball alive on a dark playfield. It's pissing me off because I don't know what would cause that.

My guess is this will get fixed. When TWD first came out the initial code allowed you to redeem the extra ball whenever the next ball got ejected to the shooter lane - now you actually have to make the challenging Woodbury shot.

FYI - for those interested I just started a topic with some "free" mods/info on customizing your GOT including a DIY bracket to prevent balls from breaking plastics getting ejected from the Iron Throne...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-of-thrones-free-mods

#216 8 years ago

Had a bug in new software where the sound for Winter Has Come MB continued after MB ended and continued through single ball play until next player was up.

#217 8 years ago

Hoping the upper playfield gets it own music. Feels odd battling a dragon to the super slow theme music zzzzz...

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Hoping the upper playfield gets it own music. Feels odd battling a dragon to the super slow theme music zzzzz...

Would be weird for the music to change suddenly as you pass through the upper playfield and then change back once you drain out of the upper playfield. Would be cool to have more intense music for the Targaryen mode when you're actually battling the three dragons. And maybe the music changes to something more intense with each dragon you advance to? That would be sweet.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have not run into the dark playfield. Of course I suck as a player so that could be why.

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Would be weird for the music to change suddenly as you pass through the upper playfield and then change back once you drain out of the upper playfield. Would be cool to have more intense music for the Targaryen mode when you're actually battling the three dragons. And maybe the music changes to something more intense with each dragon you advance to? That would be sweet.

I don't find it weird on TZ or shadow but then again the ball doesn't go there nearly as often...

#221 8 years ago

Idea of super skill on the Pro/prem/LE:

Soft plunge. If you hit the right orbit rollover switch only, the right ramp lights for sword collect. Give the player 3-5 secs to hit it. If successful, you get a sword. If you chose greyjoy, it awards you two swords.

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from AJ51:

I have not run into the dark playfield. Of course I suck as a player so that could be why.

No...it's not you. It's a problem, either mechanically with my machine or in the code. Like it thinks it shot the ball to the chair, but it got off at the first floor instead. Really annoying.

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Idea of super skill on the Pro/prem/LE:
Soft plunge. If you hit the right orbit rollover switch only, the right ramp lights for sword collect. Give the player 3-5 secs to hit it. If successful, you get a sword. If you chose greyjoy, it awards you two swords.

Haha. Okay what about same soft plunge but you need to hit the dragon/white walker kickback or left orbit for the super skill? Not timed, just first switch hit needs to be the kickback or the orbit.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No...it's not you. It's a problem, either mechanically with my machine or in the code. Like it thinks it shot the ball to the chair, but it got off at the first floor instead. Really annoying.

I have had something similar now that I think of it. I think it was during WIC playfield went dark. I don't remember if ball was up on mini playfield or not when it happened. I had no idea of what to hit. I have only had this once that I can remember. I agree with you though there seems to be more bugs found each week that goes by. The game has potential to be really a great game. Let's hope they keep working out the bugs. Also Happy New Year.

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Okay what about same soft plunge but you need to hit the dragon/white walker kickback or left orbit for the super skill? Not timed, just first switch hit needs to be the kickback or the orbit.

Keep trying

#226 8 years ago

I can't read you. Not a fan of the soft plunge or not a fan of what comes next? Haha

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can't read you. Not a fan of the soft plunge or not a fan of what comes next? Haha

What comes next. Must be timed...too easy to soft plunge and then grab in with right flipper. Then you can do anything easy. EDIT: Well Too easy for super skill shot.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What comes next. Must be timed...too easy to soft plunge and then grab in with right flipper. Then you can do anything easy. EDIT: Well Too easy for super skill shot.

Okay must be timed.

Soft plunge, must hit the right loop rollover to start the timer. 3-5 secs for the timer or whatever time is barely feasible to catch on the right flipper, post pass, then hit from the left flipper to the wildfire targets or the right loop for super skill. Hard to think of ones for this game. Definitely don't want the hold left flipper to plunge all the way around. Played out.

#229 8 years ago

Nice. Super skill shot hit left orbit....super duper skill shot right orbit

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I like the cut of your jib

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Only if they can get the loops to trigger properly. More often than not, launching the ball and immediately shooting a loop doesn't usually give you credit for the loop. Which is very frustrating to me. And not just on GoT, I've had that problem on ST as well, but the skill shot is never a loop on that

#232 8 years ago

I found I had no idea what to shoot for when WIC hurry up started. Nothing flashed you just had to guess that it was your last shot and hit that maybe...

#233 8 years ago

Stern sent me a new SD card because of the audio skipping. Now I have 27 tech alerts. Anyone else have this? Audio problem is fixed and new card has the new 1.18 code (pro).

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Stern sent me a new SD card because of the audio skipping. Now I have 27 tech alerts. Anyone else have this? Audio problem is fixed and new card has the new 1.18 code (pro).

Something wrong with the latest code update. I have 23 tech alerts on the LE software. I'm sure they'll fix it.

#235 8 years ago

After playing a couple games I now have 23 tech alerts as well. Glad it is not just me.

#236 8 years ago

If you are battling Martell and make the right ramp as your last shot, the sword is awarded (it shouldn't be) and it obscures the animation and points award for completing the house.

Rob

#237 8 years ago

Just a question... What % do you think the software is completed? Do we see more features added or is the game pretty much done, excluding bug fixes and mini playfield rules if missing?

Rob

#238 8 years ago

LE 1.03 is coming very soon

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just a question... What % do you think the software is completed? Do we see more features added or is the game pretty much done, excluding bug fixes and mini playfield rules if missing?
Rob

I'd say 75% as opposed to 60%

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I found I had no idea what to shoot for when WIC hurry up started. Nothing flashed you just had to guess that it was your last shot and hit that maybe...

We had the same issue. WIC locks out the whole game and you can't tell which shot you need to shoot to complete it.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We had the same issue. WIC locks out the whole game and you can't tell which shot you need to shoot to complete it.

Yeah it's a pain in the bum. I'm pretty sure that'll be a fix next update. But I guess I'll have to wait until that comes out to hit it up again

#242 8 years ago

Read thru the entire thread but.... Swords... how are they lit and what else are they good for apart from releasing multipliers at the battering ram???

#243 8 years ago

Martell - When I'm playing as Martell and make the 3 orbit shots, but drain before the collect, the collect is awarded, the house light is on, and a sword is awarded.

I haven't checked is draining on the collection shot of other houses does the same, but it is every time on Martell.

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Just a question... What % do you think the software is completed?

Markmon will tell you it's 99%.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Markmon will tell you it's 99%.

For a newer Stern it is pretty complete. Some bugs need to be hashed out, skill shots on LE would be nice.

#246 8 years ago

Wildfire seems pretty overpriced in the store. About 1700+ gold for only 10 wildfire? You easily get that off one hit of the battering ram when it's lit for wildfire. Maybe it should be more like 30 wildfire for 2000 gold? To me, the importance of wildfire is not conveyed well enough to the player. I've never really cared about it, let alone wanted to spend my gold on that. Or I never thought 'oh wildfire mode is lit, I gotta bash the battering ram!'. Does anyone care about wildfire in the game?

Rob

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone care about wildfire in the game?
Rob

No.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Wildfire seems pretty overpriced in the store. About 1700+ gold for only 10 wildfire? You easily get that off one hit of the battering ram when it's lit for wildfire. Maybe it should be more like 30 wildfire for 2000 gold? To me, the importance of wildfire is not conveyed well enough to the player. I've never really cared about it, let alone wanted to spend my gold on that. Or I never thought 'oh wildfire mode is lit, I gotta bash the battering ram!'. Does anyone care about wildfire in the game?
Rob

I don't even know what it's used for in the game. I get it on the pops and think I should be able to use it at Blackwater.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I don't even know what it's used for in the game. I get it on the pops and think I should be able to use it at Blackwater.

I thought the more wildfire you collected before starting BW MB the higher the base jackpots were. No?

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought the more wildfire you collected before starting BW MB the higher the base jackpots were. No?

Well, that makes sense. No wonder I suck at this game. It's a complete lack of understanding of the rules. And lack of skill.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.