PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 8 years ago

To start, move Wall SJP to the battering ram. You know, where it *says* "super jackpot".

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

To start, move Wall SJP to the battering ram. You know, where it *says* "super jackpot".

Nah. I don't want all the supers there. That's too repetitive. The kickback should be a super for some MB. That shot is hard.

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Reducing hits to the ram to advance X would be an awesome house power.

Seconded. Make it happen, Stern. Only thing I ever buy is 2x or 3x SJP anyway

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

Seconded. Make it happen, Stern. Only thing I ever buy is 2x or 3x SJP anyway

I've bought extra balls and lord of light lanes too. But yeah, only like three things I ever buy.

#155 8 years ago

What aboot an easy chunk of change with the vid mode?

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've bought extra balls and lord of light lanes too. But yeah, only like three things I ever buy.

Ohhh, yeah, LoL too. Although sometimes it tricks me into buying them right before Multiball starts. I don't bother then. I used to buy extra balls and specials, but the bar turned those off

Quoted from TheLaw:

I have garbage luck with that. I hate it

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I managed a draw for the first time ever. The callout was pretty hilarious.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

I have garbage luck with that. I hate it

Try this; hit the right button 30+ times, there you've got a bunch of points

#159 8 years ago

in new code you need to parry like once at the beginning, then right button mash and you usually win the first video mode it seems like

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

in new code you need to parry like once at the beginning, then right button mash and you usually win the first video mode it seems like

True

#161 8 years ago

Anyone else having this problem with the Throne Chair?

When playing in the mini playfiled and it throws the ball to the chair to choose your reward, most of the time the ball will hit the chair and
then straight down to the bumpers while the Video battle is trying to play.

???

#162 8 years ago

I'd love a Mystery option where you could buy completion of a certain house that you had lit. Maybe make it cost 1.5X or 2X what the extra ball costs - I think it'd be a good way to add another tough decision - do you buy an extra ball to try and complete house Targaryen or try to earn some more coin to be able to just buy the completion of that house...

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

When playing in the mini playfiled and it throws the ball to the chair to choose your reward, most of the time the ball will hit the chair and
???

I've had the ball feed to the Iron Throne and fall out a couple of times where the ball is live on the main playfield as I'm trying to choose which Mystery award I want. It's pretty infrequent though.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I know I would really like to see the ability to purchase a bonus hold on this game...
Rob

And it was added, yay! I wonder if they read that on here? I might have sent them an email asking for that too. If it holds bonus x and bonus that could be big! I'm sure I've had a few big bonuses over 1/2 billion points.

Rob

#165 8 years ago

I just updated. It looks like cashing in multipliers to the Iron Bank is gone or broken (used Martell as the house).

Update: still works in Stark, so it looks like it was only removed in some spots.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I just updated. It looks like cashing in multipliers to the Iron Bank is gone or broken (used Martell as the house).

I hope they do something different with the iron bank. It's pretty useless.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Update: still works in Stark, so it looks like it was only removed in some spots.

Martell never had it. It's only supposed to be your add-a-ball.

I do agree though it could be repurposed as something more than a "hurr durr free points when I drain" button. I can't say I've ever run into a situation where cashing in my multipliers was ever worth it.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

Whoops. Thought it did. Thanks for the clarification.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I do agree though it could be repurposed as something more than a "hurr durr free points when I drain" button. I can't say I've ever run into a situation where cashing in my multipliers was ever worth it.

I cashed in the Iron Bank one time right as I drained down to one ball after a long MB and collected around 42M, so it can be valuable. So I never noticed that you can't do a Iron Bank cash in when playing as Martell. Are you sure? Is that the only house that takes that feature away?

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I cashed in the Iron Bank one time right as I drained down to one ball after a long MB and collected around 42M, so it can be valuable. So I never noticed that you can't do a Iron Bank cash in when playing as Martell. Are you sure? Is that the only house that takes that feature away?

Makes sense. It's the only house that uses the button as a power.

#171 8 years ago

I installed the 1.18 update on my game just now and these are my findings:

- The first time I tried to play the game after the update, the game could not locate the balls and would not start a game. I think I power cycled it after the update was done, but I don't remember for sure.

- My game did not have any audio dropout issues before, but now it does. The first game after power cycle the audio suddenly dropped out on first ball and there was a crackling in the sound too. The crackle goes away after a minute or two.

- My first BW multiball, the LOL was lit and the second last ball drained on the outlane. LOL stayed lit and did not grant another ball. I thought LOL worked in multiball? I'll have to play another game.

- Right orbit switch fails to register sometimes like it did in older versions. I've had this happen a few times now.

Rob

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- My game did not have any audio dropout issues before, but now it does. The first game after power cycle the audio suddenly dropped out on first ball and there was a crackling in the sound too. The crackle goes away after a minute or two.

My audio issues seem to have vanished. My game was dropping out a lot. It was worse after restarting the game, then over a game or two it seemed to cache everything. Thanks.

#173 8 years ago

The audio dropout happens only once which doesn't make it a big problem. My KISS did that too.

Rob

#174 8 years ago

Bottom left flipper gets frozen in some mode(only had the LE 3 days) and you have to hit the ramp with the right flipper to unfreeze, but at first i thought it was malfunction.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Just got my LE, assuming most of the code is the same, but I seem to have seen a few major bugs when dealing with choosing to start as Grey Joy first and then trying to complete some of the modes - I got stuck in an endless cycle of not being able to complete Baratheon. Was able to repeat it. Then started a game choosing Baratheon and was able to defeat the house. I seem to recall Grey Joy having another issue with completing one of the other modes as well. This was pretty frustrating - I had an epic game and couldn't get to the Iron Throne Wizard mode because I couldn't complete the dang mode.
I've also seen a lot of issues with the upper gates - first of all, the autoplunger often fires wayyyyyy too hard and the ball sails up into the gate instead of through it. Also, it seems like the gate logic still needs some work, sometimes it passes through and sometimes it doesn't - i.e the gates are not consistent when they're open/closed.
The VUK in the back may be a long term nightmare - seems like it just pulses at a different level to get it to the playfield versus the iron throne. Over time as that coil gets weaker I have my doubts whether it will kick to the right level properly.
I was playing the heck out of a pro at a local spot and had similar issues as people have pointed out with the ball lock being inconsistent when it chooses to lock balls versus release balls.
That pro also had the bug where hitting it into the Dragon shot and advancing the WALL resulted in the ball stuck forever until shutdown (that was super frustrating).
My LE often seems to take more than a second to save the ball and kick one out to the shooter lane when it rolls over an outlane switch with Lord of Light lit. I remember the Pro implementing this very quickly.
Other major bug with the design is the way the Iron Throne kicks the ball out and it smashes down onto a plastic and bounces sporadically down onto the playfield. Will be looking for that replacement part pronto as I can't see that plastic holding up for very long.
Game is pretty amazeballs otherwise. I'm super impressed with Ritchie and STERN on this game - quite the software package at release. Also glad I didn't let the crappy 3D CAD renders deter me from buying my dream theme game 'cause the LE in person is beautiful. (Thank you STERN for bringing one to Expo so I could see it in person before purchase).

Agreed with so much of that! My throne was already broken out of the box on xmas eve. The thrones switch doesn't work even when it manages rarely to catch the ball given the broken plastic. Already having multiple rear VUK issues along with the gate being very random. Initially always launching onto the upper playfield but much less now. These issues aside most others issues would be bug related which be rectified as they come. That said this is an
incredible game. Voice overs could be better with at least some personality and maybe even a real actor

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Also 4 tech alerts on my LE:
43 - Center loop
47 - Right spinner
48 - Target 6
56 - Playfield opto
Is it the same list on yours ?
Numbers & names don't correspond:
43 is the first target of the right bank
47 is the lock 2 switch
48 is the lock 3 switch
56 is not used
Thus, I suppose that they reuse the code of another machine and forgot to update some things.
Annoying thing for me is that there is no EOS on the upper playfield flippers. When they are "up", if the ball arrives with a lot of speed (a return from a shot on a target for example), there is not enough power to maintain them up, the CPU doesn't know that the flipper began to fall due to the lack of EOS and I must release the button and press it again to be able to block the ball

yeah having no upper flipper EOS got me a few times.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

???

My chair already broken(nib) and rarely holding the ball and even then the switch fails and doesn't kick out until ball find. Rear gate ,to VUK, to Throne is just not coming together..but that aside my Le would be brilliant. Defects aside with 1.3 gameplay I scored just under 3 Billion after owning for 2 days and never played any GoT before! Followed that score wit a 2 billion just a few games after with many low scoring games in between.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I've had the ball feed to the Iron Throne and fall out a couple of times where the ball is live on the main playfield as I'm trying to choose which Mystery award I want. It's pretty infrequent though.

I realised a bit of plastic was broken of my chair so it rarely holds or kicks out when it does catch the ball. Replacement thrones and needs to be stronger anyway.

#179 8 years ago

Correct me if I am wrong, but couldn't you stack locks in previous versions? 1.18 will not allow you to stack the locks. Also, once third lock is lit, the lock inserts are still active when maybe they should be lit solid now and not turn off.

The lighting effect for wall multiball to shoot the dragon is misleading. The mystery light should not be used because you are not shooting a mystery. I would say use the flasher behind the pyramid and the shield insert to highlight the needed shot.

The LOL should maybe have a difficulty option where only one side is lit and it alternates. If you hit the targets enough you can light both sides? The current adjustments for LOL are not the best IMHO. The default is now once per game and one set of targets to light it? Doesn't that make the drop targets obsolete too soon? They do increase spinner points, but that's not their primary purpose - they are basically useless after LOL is lit once. If you set the LOL targets to 3 hits to light LOL, it counts hits even if you have the outlanes lit. I don't think it should count any shots for another LOL completion until you use LOL. The 3 inserts should be lit solid until LOL is used. For example if 2 LOL target inserts are lit, you can use LOL, get one bank completion and have outlanes lit again. That's too easy. Maybe there needs to be more settings like once per ball and/or the targets time out like on Black Knight. I imagine the default was set the way it is because operators never bother changing settings and they are trying to cut down ball times.

Video mode still sucks... It's no challenge when you realize if you mash the right flipper button you always win. Maybe it gets harder? But the thing just is not fun to play.

My pro now makes several 'tink' noises in the backbox when powering on. It did not do this before.

Why is buying 'light winter is coming' from the mystery worth more points than earning it through shots in the game?

I have not checked to see if some 'bugs' still exist:

- sword auto awards on last shot if it is the right ramp
- shots with multiple awards only seems to multiply the first award, not the second. By design or not?

Rob

#180 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Correct me if I am wrong, but couldn't you stack locks in previous versions?

Definitely couldn't stack locks.

#181 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Definitely couldn't stack locks.

Hmmm, I was almost positive you could. But, I'm not downgrading to see if that was the case. I think a lot of game features could have more user adjustable settings so we can customize the difficulty as we like.

Things like:

- Stack locks yes/no
- # of shots to start WIC (3 - 5)
- WIC hurryup default value 10m-30m
- Video mode win default value 10m-40m
- Combo lamp timeout 3s - 6s
- Sword unlock starts at 2x or 3x
- Battering ram add to playfield x timer 0s - 6s

I know most ops don't care about this stuff, but it's nice to be able to customize the game a bit more to suit your own tastes. At least this way if something is too easy or hard at factory default then there's the possibility to adjust it. Some games have a lot of settings which can be changed, some don't. GoT doesn't seem to have much at the moment, just basic stuff.

Rob

#182 8 years ago

I was in a mode called Midnight Madness ( i think) 6 ball multi ball and a strobing white only playfield which was very intense. All systems dead for a few seconds prior to starting and thought it was a malfunction. Anybody else had it as i have no idea how i achieved it?
After 3 days I scored a 3 billion and a 2 billion. I have more than a few issues such as rear gate or opto, elevator, broken Throne and dodgy throne ejector.
Auto launch orbits every time now when a few days ago it was upper playfield 100%,could rear opto related?
Loving the challenge of being 'frozen'.
Been using 'pass for now' until last ball and risking it all.
Achieved 'hotk' once but didn't achieve much I think.
Had to disable video mode due to the faulty throne.
Hoping parts will be covered soon so as play a single game without any issues.
Great game but!

image001_(resized).jpgimage001_(resized).jpg

#183 8 years ago

On LE the sword at the ball lock never moves up or down. Only the plastic post underneath moves. When I run coil test the sword moves up and down (very fast) but never during gameplay. Anyone else have this issue, is there no code for operating the sword? I have v1.02 installed, was same on 1.01... Ideas?

#184 8 years ago

Is the Targaryen battle #3 (Drogon) bug still there? In past revs, you could have that battle quit giving you lit shots to shoot at, Drogon's health meter still have life left, and no chance to either progress through the mode or exit out of it.

#185 8 years ago

Take Greyjoy, make that the house with easier multis at the ram, then make EVERY house acquire the attributes of all houses defeated or--better yet, let the player acquire the attributes of other houses by taking their castle (upper PF)!

BTW, other than choosing the right house, is there any way to lite the inlanes????

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

On LE the sword at the ball lock never moves up or down. Only the plastic post underneath moves. When I run coil test the sword moves up and down (very fast) but never during gameplay. Anyone else have this issue, is there no code for operating the sword? I have v1.02 installed, was same on 1.01... Ideas?

The sword doesn't move all that much but I was watching someone else play and it did move at times during gameplay. It might have been during a multiball. I do wish it moved more. This is on 1.02.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Is the Targaryen battle #3 (Drogon) bug still there? In past revs, you could have that battle quit giving you lit shots to shoot at, Drogon's health meter still have life left, and no chance to either progress through the mode or exit out of it.

I've seen that problem, but only when I've chosen Geryjoy. And even then, you can avoid it by not using the Dragon shot to spot one of your other shots, most notably the final of the four lit shots. That's what I've discovered through trial and error, and while it certainly should be fixed, that's a workaround you can try in the meantime. Can make it quite difficult to not have the mode glitch out during multiball though.

Basically...don't shoot the dragon if it isn't lit while fighting Drogon.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

BTW, other than choosing the right house, is there any way to lite the inlanes????

Not that I have ever seen.

Rob

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

The sword doesn't move all that much but I was watching someone else play and it did move at times during gameplay. It might have been during a multiball. I do wish it moved more. This is on 1.02.

The sword holds other balls back when the first ball is released. That's its function.

Rob

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Not that I have ever seen.
Rob

Get hand of the King. That also lights the in lanes.

#191 8 years ago

But only while it's running.

#193 8 years ago

Erreur score

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#194 8 years ago

I had these thoughts on another thread and decided to add them here.

My suggestion would for be House Martell. Since this story line has brought up poisonous weapons Spears, swords, and the lips of a vengeful mistress. What if when you are fighting house Martell with another house and do not win the battle. And in the defeat you have been poisoned. You would have to 'take' an antidote (make a combo shot, complete two or three specific shot) in order to cure the poison. Points would be deducted from your score until the poison has been cured or you loose the ball.
Just a thought. It would be cool if they would add spears and possibly whips to House Martell is place of the swords that you can get.
And what if the Sparrows could be added? Maybe undermining House Lannister somehow? Like a match on the pops when trying to complete the house that resets/relights a target that was already hit. Not perfect ideas but sometimes others can take something and improve it so it leads to another ideas.

#195 8 years ago

It would be kind of cool to have the pops add a sort of chaos to the game too. Not sure how. Many bandits or wildlings and you have to do certain shots to defeat them. If you don't the bandits take some of your gold and the wildings reduce battle for the wall points?

#196 8 years ago

And lastly. I think they still need to address the mini playfield. It needs more coding added somehow. Would be nice if they could 'assault' the castle. Have a multi ball where only upper playfield flippers work. Balls would come from VUK in succession. Hit the targets and destroy the assault. Something, maybe combo shots ending with target hits.

#197 8 years ago

Yeah. I like that the battle for the wall MB can be worth big points, but maybe make those points harder to come by. Like adding wrinkles that if you haven't completed certain tasks before the multiball starts, your jackpots are way less.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. I like that the battle for the wall MB can be worth big points, but maybe make those points harder to come by. Like adding wrinkles that if you haven't completed certain tasks before the multiball starts, your jackpots are way less.

I like this idea. Like based on the number of houses qualified and the number of houses completed.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like this too. With as far as game code has come I would think they could make something like this work.

#200 8 years ago

Anyone experience this yet?
Right and two top flippers are out. This happened once before and it ended up being a bad harness connector. Once it was replaced it played great, but now they are out again. 48 volts at the lugs in the coils and the flipper switches register.

This time around all of row 1 switches are out as well as these flippers.

Any idea what do check, I have gone through all connections plus double checked wiring to all three coils. As for the switches, I do not see any stuck on in that row and double checked connections.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boise, ID
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.