PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

FYI - it was brought to my attention that the flipper operation I mentioned before wasn't actually a bug, but the release notes indicate that it is part of the code - when battling the boss if you dont defeat him he freezes you (via the left flipper). I really like the integration with the theme, but wow, if you didnt know to expect that the first gut reaction is something wrong with the game. Just something for others to think about when they experience this too.

Yeah, I was gonna post about this. I've only made it to Winter Has Come one time. At one point it was made fairly obvious by the game that my left side "was frozen". Had to play out the MB with right flipper only. Then a funny thing happened. As I drained down to one ball and thus ended the mode, I had a ball rolling down my "frozen" left flipper. I tried flipping in vain and just as the ball rolled off the tip into the drain it gave me power back to the flipper!

#102 8 years ago

Anyone else having lots of switch issues? Found and fixed one. Still have 4 Technician Alerts.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Anyone else having lots of switch issues? Found and fixed one. Still have 4 Technician Alerts.

No problems at all after 4 weeks and 300+ games, up to now 0 alerts.

#104 8 years ago

That's because you were sitting on the box.

I only had one of the upper pf targets that was adjusted too close. So when you used your flippers to choose your house, it triggered the switch and fired the ball, choosing your house for you. That sucked.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yeah, I was gonna post about this. I've only made it to Winter Has Come one time. At one point it was made fairly obvious by the game that my left side "was frozen". Had to play out the MB with right flipper only. Then a funny thing happened. As I drained down to one ball and thus ended the mode, I had a ball rolling down my "frozen" left flipper. I tried flipping in vain and just as the ball rolled off the tip into the drain it gave me power back to the flipper!

wonder if a call out is in order or needed to let the player know his left flipper is destroyed....then again once its restored? havent seen or played the mode, but just a thinking out loud thought.

#106 8 years ago

Anyone have a ball get stuck leaving the upper playfield yet? My game and a friend of mine's both had one get stuck behind the upper playfield and required a very heavy nudge to get it free.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, that's interesting. Not sure what I think about that. Seems like if you're going to do that you've got to really make it clear to the player what's happening, I'd think the game broke too.

I've seen many people freak out over TSPP when the flippers reverse, yelling that the game is broken.

I like the idea of it, I haven't yet encountered it in GOT, but I would agree it would need some very clear call outs, light effects and dots to make known what is happening.

#108 8 years ago

Did anybody ever find out the solution to the sound cutting out, or is that a code issue? It seems to happen REALLY badly during the first game after boot-up.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did anybody ever find out the solution to the sound cutting out, or is that a code issue? It seems to happen REALLY badly during the first game after boot-up.

This always happened on my KISS, but not on my GoT. Some have said it's related to the slow sd card. Maybe phone Stern and see what they say.

Rob

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've got the same thing. Pretty annoying.

#111 8 years ago

Winter Is Coming - And it is bringing horrific lighting effects.

This may have already been discussed. And yes, my setting to help intense light effects is on.

When Winter Is Coming starts, I can't see the ball at all. I'm not kidding, I completely lose track of it in the strobing and out it goes the times I've started it. That is going to need to be changed. Blackwater with the setting is so much better than it was last time I played on location. But WIC just doesn't work for me.

#112 8 years ago

I have the same thing on mine. They are 4 switches not in the game. Believe Stern will update this in the next code update.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This may have already been discussed. And yes, my setting to help intense light effects is on.
When Winter Is Coming starts, I can't see the ball at all. I'm not kidding, I completely lose track of it in the strobing and out it goes the times I've started it. That is going to need to be changed. Blackwater with the setting is so much better than it was last time I played on location. But WIC just doesn't work for me.

as it's related to the theme, I thought it was appropriate since when winter comes in the show, sh*t hits the fan and things suck - similarly, you can't see crap and so I kinda think it fits. Saying that I always try to hit the shot again more to turn it off than for the actual hurry up. Although, the Winter has Come mode is pretty damn fun too!

#114 8 years ago

Yeah. If strobing lights bother you in a lighted room or dark room, this is definitely not the game for you. Haha.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It might be the SD card on the CPU board. I would email Stern to get your case documented.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

It might be the SD card on the CPU board. I would email Stern to get your case documented.

I contacted them through the website and called their tech support number and left a message. Heard back from neither.

#117 8 years ago

It might take them 3-4 days to get back via webform. If you haven't heard back in that time send another. They support a lot of machines.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Same for me. I have a hell of a time keeping track of the ball in this mode. Maybe they could add another setting for my old eyes...

#119 8 years ago

To The guys that have complained about the lighting effects, I'm curious; have you played TWDLE? One of my biggest pet peeves of that game was the blinding lighting effects when you have the game firing all cylinders. But after a few weeks, it grew on me; so much that it really feels like you're engulfed in the theme of blood and death everywhere.

So is the lighting effects in GOT similar to this or is it just straight up annoying?

#120 8 years ago

Also 4 tech alerts on my LE:

43 - Center loop
47 - Right spinner
48 - Target 6
56 - Playfield opto

Is it the same list on yours ?

Numbers & names don't correspond:

43 is the first target of the right bank
47 is the lock 2 switch
48 is the lock 3 switch
56 is not used

Thus, I suppose that they reuse the code of another machine and forgot to update some things.

Annoying thing for me is that there is no EOS on the upper playfield flippers. When they are "up", if the ball arrives with a lot of speed (a return from a shot on a target for example), there is not enough power to maintain them up, the CPU doesn't know that the flipper began to fall due to the lack of EOS and I must release the button and press it again to be able to block the ball

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

To The guys that have complained about the lighting effects, I'm curious; have you played TWDLE? One of my biggest pet peeves of that game was the blinding lighting effects when you have the game firing all cylinders. But after a few weeks, it grew on me; so much that it really feels like you're engulfed in the theme of blood and death everywhere.
So is the lighting effects in GOT similar to this or is it just straight up annoying?

Nope. It's pretty awesome. And I'm an old guy.

Look...the blinding lights during Blackwater multiball happen when you hit a lit lane. The whole playfield "explodes" like the explosions during the Blackwater battle. It fits the theme. Makes it tough to track the ball, but so what? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A BATTLE. Battles are tough. Same thing with the Winter is Coming hurry-ups. The lights strobe and make it tough to see where the ball is. That's the challenge, and I love it.

Besides...can't you turn the lights down in the menu?

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Nope. It's pretty awesome. And I'm an old guy.
Look...the blinding lights during Blackwater multiball happen when you hit a lit lane. The whole playfield "explodes" like the explosions during the Blackwater battle. It fits the theme. Makes it tough to track the ball, but so what? IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A BATTLE. Battles are tough. Same thing with the Winter is Coming hurry-ups. The lights strobe and make it tough to see where the ball is. That's the challenge, and I love it.
Besides...can't you turn the lights down in the menu?

Yeah for sure. I was messing with the settings the other day and you definitely can turn the flashers down.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Also 4 tech alerts on my LE:
43 - Center loop
47 - Right spinner
48 - Target 6
56 - Playfield opto
Is it the same list on yours ?
Numbers & names don't correspond:
43 is the first target of the right bank
47 is the lock 2 switch
48 is the lock 3 switch
56 is not used
Thus, I suppose that they reuse the code of another machine and forgot to update some things.
Annoying thing for me is that there is no EOS on the upper playfield flippers. When they are "up", if the ball arrives with a lot of speed (a return from a shot on a target for example), there is not enough power to maintain them up, the CPU doesn't know that the flipper began to fall due to the lack of EOS and I must release the button and press it again to be able to block the ball

I have the same thing on my game. I talked to Stern support. They are aware of it.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The lighting effects are spectacular. I would say they are better than STLE. There are a ton of flashers in the game.

#125 8 years ago

Played some GoT pro tonight and had these thoughts:

The wildfire lady really needs a makeover. Well, what I mean is the dmd graphic could use some improvement.
The way the inserts go from steady to blinking (and then awarding) on the battering ram is somewhat misleading.
'Weaker' house powers need more incentives in order to take them. Lannister extra gold isn't good enough by itself.
Need more use of the lockbar button during gameplay.
Sword unlocks.... need more of them. The game needs to tell you what getting the sword has unlocked.. (not sure if it does outside instant info)
Absolutely needs a skill shot.

Still a very fun game and I can't wait for the next code release.

Rob

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

'Weaker' house powers need more incentives in order to take them. Lannister extra gold isn't good enough by itself.

I don't doubt game balancing is the hardest thing to get right. This will probably take a while as they get feedback and data.

I agree though, some of the other houses need to be made to be more of a "gimme" to entice you to select them.

Right now I play Martel 99% of the time.

#127 8 years ago

GOT is the best le stern has done yet and is just wowser; I have not said that for awhile about a stern, but the mini play field is a blast

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

GOT is the best le stern has done yet and is just wowser; I have not said that for awhile about a stern, but the mini play field is a blast

...so the pro isn't always better?

#129 8 years ago

I concur on this one the prem le is the way to go because They finally made a killer mini playfield

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from TVP:

I had to request a new SD card as I was getting the sound cutouts badly during the game. Got a new one from Stern and it seems to have fixed the problem 99%(I still have heard a few cutouts but very rarely)

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I concur on this one the prem le is the way to go because They finally made a killer mini playfield

...and if you're ever in Jersey, you're always welcome at my house to play. I'll even provide the beverages and snacks. Any friend of Cointaker (and many others here) is a friend of mine.

#132 8 years ago

I just turned my Casual mode to "On" as I find new players really have no idea what they are doing, so why over complicate things.

I like that it removes the "Pass for now" when selecting houses to battle, as a newbie really has no concept of strategy for saving battles, so you might as well make them start a mode.

I'd prefer if Casual randomized the house order though, so newbies saw more of the game.

Anyone who knows anything of the rules would know to hold the action button when they start if they want the deeper strategy of choosing a house.

This game definitely skews difficult, and a common comment I hear is "I like it, but I have no idea what I'm doing" so I see the challenge in trying to balance the game. If anything I'd add more "gimme" stuff to Casual mode. They have no idea what they are doing anyways, so make stuff "happen" more.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't doubt game balancing is the hardest thing to get right. This will probably take a while as they get feedback and data.
I agree though, some of the other houses need to be made to be more of a "gimme" to entice you to select them.

When I get my game I plan to select a house and only play that house for like a week and do that for each house to really see if I can find reasons why you would select some houses over others.

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Same strategy for me till I found GreyJoy. Now most of the time I play GrayJoy and try Martel first in order to have this add-a-ball option for extending the multiball when the last MB is leaving the playfield (more or less a MB restart). And then adding Tyrell for the maxing out the multipliers.

Swords really need an explantion.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Same strategy for me till I found GreyJoy. Now most of the time I play GrayJoy and try Martel first in order to have this add-a-ball option for extending the multiball when the last MB is leaving the playfield (more or less a MB restart). And then adding Tyrell for the maxing out the multipliers.
Swords really need an explantion.

Swords unlock your max playfield multiplier values. That's about it. Hopefully does more as the code matures.

Rob

#136 8 years ago

I'd like to see a skill shot on the LE. Maybe a flashing shot or different color random shot on the mini for the skill shot.

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

When Winter Is Coming starts, I can't see the ball at all. I'm not kidding, I completely lose track of it in the strobing and out it goes the times I've started it.

That's a personal thing. It's made to impair your vision...don;t have much trouble myself, but I'm also not suspetable to strobing.

Only thing that really bothers me, other than entering the endless cycle when tilting when the ball saver is on, is that the "shoot again" light blinks during multiball at times. I've let a ball drain thinking the ball save was on when it wasn't.

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's a personal thing. It's made to impair your vision.
Only thing that really bothers me, other than entering the endless cycle when tilting when the ball saver is on, is that the "shoot again" light blinks during multiball at times. I've let a ball drain thinking the ball save was on when it wasn't.

Great point! This happened to me multiple times during a tournament and it killed me!

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great point! This happened to me multiple times during a tournament and it killed me!

Yup...same here. It was a double drain too...not cool!

#140 8 years ago

I love this game. We have a couple on site around where I live, and they generally keep them in good shape, however, not necessarily up to date. The pins I play have 1.17, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

Battle for the Wall MB is broken. The scoring is totally whacky. Just the other day, my father and I were playing, and he had an outstanding game, made it to Iron Throne and "completed" it. Final score was 5.5B (3.3B of which was IT), which is over a billion higher than our previous high score. Later the same day, I started a BftW MB that totaled 7.7B alone. My jackpots eventually scored as high as 663M apiece, with the Supers being a billion plus (I scored 7 or SJP, so it's not like I was in multiball for 20 minutes or anything). I could have blown that out of the water if the ridiculous scoring hadn't caught my attention and distracted me from, you know, actually playing. Basically, it's wrong to me that a single feature can relatively easily eclipse a grand champion score, and they need to wayyyy dial back on the scoring of that feature. Highest multiplier I had at any time was 10x (5x combos, 2x playfield), and I had the power from Martell, Tyrell and Baratheon. All of that is good, but still shouldn't allow me to score so many points so easily

Anyone else experienced wild scoring in that mode? If so, can we agree that it's broken?

#141 8 years ago

Seems like you had the perfect storm going on. I know for sure that the Wall MB is by far the most lucrative mode. That's about all I got though. I know Elwin got north of 15 bills blowing up that mode.

#142 8 years ago

I havent played it enough to say it's "broken." I can say that some of the genius of the code is choosing whether to make a shot to advance a mode, etc or choosing to go for a shot to keep your multipliers going. Keeping those at max and cashing in at the right time can be magnanimous. Not sure that qualifies as something being broken...

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

Anyone else experienced wild scoring in that mode? If so, can we agree that it's broken?

No... Blackwater, WHC and HotK are broken. If you nuke Wall multiball value then the only thing of value would be IT which would make the game a linear woodchop to Iron Throne. Boost BW jackpots/ supers as well as WIC values, make HotK hurry-up more achievable would better balance the game.

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilerh17:

I love this game. We have a couple on site around where I live, and they generally keep them in good shape, however, not necessarily up to date. The pins I play have 1.17, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.
Battle for the Wall MB is broken. The scoring is totally whacky. Just the other day, my father and I were playing, and he had an outstanding game, made it to Iron Throne and "completed" it. Final score was 5.5B (3.3B of which was IT), which is over a billion higher than our previous high score. Later the same day, I started a BftW MB that totaled 7.7B alone. My jackpots eventually scored as high as 663M apiece, with the Supers being a billion plus (I scored 7 or SJP, so it's not like I was in multiball for 20 minutes or anything). I could have blown that out of the water if the ridiculous scoring hadn't caught my attention and distracted me from, you know, actually playing. Basically, it's wrong to me that a single feature can relatively easily eclipse a grand champion score, and they need to wayyyy dial back on the scoring of that feature. Highest multiplier I had at any time was 10x (5x combos, 2x playfield), and I had the power from Martell, Tyrell and Baratheon. All of that is good, but still shouldn't allow me to score so many points so easily

It seems to me the basic scoring in some of the multiball modes is pretty low. If I don't get super jackpots in BlackWater for example, my points total may be around 24 million for that. I have no idea how super jackpots are calculated, but it seems a bit inconsistent in values.

I am sure the code needs not just score balancing, but also balancing the powers the houses have.

Rob

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

No... Blackwater, WHC and HotK are broken. If you nuke Wall multiball value then the only thing of value would be IT which would make the game a linear woodchop to Iron Throne. Boost BW jackpots/ supers as well as WIC values, make HotK hurry-up more achievable would better balance the game.

Agreed. : -- )

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I don't mean to say it should be worthless. Every other multiball needs work as well as they score very low. I'd like to see each be worth 1-2B if you have a good multiball. That would make IT the highest scoring feature (as it should be), but allow you to still have a great score if you do well in other multiballs. For a feature that I never have to try to get, Wall multiball is worth way too much as it is now. Spread some of that scoring around to other mulitballs!

#147 8 years ago

I disagree - I kinda like how the Blackwater is not worth that much and you can use it as a tool more for the modes, etc.

I think if Wall wasn't as valuable that'd be good too or to add something where you have to hit the battering ram a couple times before the super that would make it worth the more valuable points (since it's a battle at a wall that kinda makes sense?) or hit the drops or something since ramps and orbits aren't too tough to hit.

HotK is pretty sweet as is but the hurry up can be hard to get but usually it'll be close to 750M+ so I think that's pretty sweet, the second time though it seems to get crazy valuable.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I disagree - I kinda like how the Blackwater is not worth that much and you can use it as a tool more for the modes, etc.

But the riskiest shot in the game are the lock targets. I only shoot them for Tyrell but if BW was worth more then I'd shoot them more often with more drains as a result

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am sure the code needs not just score balancing, but also balancing the powers the houses have.
Rob

Yeah right now Lannister and Stark are houses I don't even bother defeating as Greyjoy unless I have to. Both should be simple fixes with increased WIC and better mystery awards. Or have Lannister also reduce the number of shots to the ram to advance X

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Yeah right now Lannister and Stark are houses I don't even bother defeating as Greyjoy unless I have to. Both should be simple fixes with increased WIC and better mystery awards. Or have Lannister also reduce the number of shots to the ram to advance X

Reducing hits to the ram to advance X would be an awesome house power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-bugs-and-code-wishlist/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.