Topic Stats

• 593 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by AaronGNP
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

There are 593 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I'm not quite sure, I changed the factory settings in the number of houses to complete at 4 before getting an extra ball. Factory I think is random?

I played tonight and got the extra ball callout and it was lit too. The reason I asked is that maybe if there is a bug that it might be related to changing some settings from default.

Rob

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Same for BFTW, what is my goal other than just hitting lit shots and then going for the super jackpot?

That's it as far as I know.

#553 2 years ago

i don't know if i had previously read this anywhere. So in Winter is Coming MB, after you cycle through the first or second wave of shots, i entered 'you are frozen' mode? my left flipper went dead and i was only able to flip/use my right flipper. This has to be in the code right? i've never seen it before.

any thoughts?

#554 2 years ago

I thought the frozen flippers were actually a penalty if you do not hit shots, but yes it is part of the code.

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i don't know if i had previously read this anywhere. So in Winter is Coming MB, after you cycle through the first or second wave of shots, i entered 'you are frozen' mode? my left flipper went dead and i was only able to flip/use my right flipper. This has to be in the code right? i've never seen it before.
any thoughts?

Definitely in the code. To unfreeze, shoot the center ramp. I believe during one of the modes if you don't hit the shots in time, you get frozen.

#556 2 years ago

great, thanks. was this always in the code, or recently such as the 1.29 update?

#557 2 years ago

great, thanks. was this always in the code, or recently such as the 1.29 update?

I think since like 1.24 maybe? It may have even been before that as I remember seeing the detailed description of WHC MB in an update, and it clarified why I thought my game was messed up as I thought my flipper was Randomly dying during play. Haha

#558 2 years ago

any thoughts?

this is from the read me files, forgot which update it came but it was early on:

WINTER HAS COME RULES:
- Added more interesting rules to WINTER HAS COME
- 3 phases: HORDE, BOSS, FROZEN
- HORDE:
- 7 shots, shoot all to complete and start BOSS
- Each shot made starts or restarts a timer
- Each time the timer runs out one more shot is added back
- BOSS:
- 3 Shots individually timed are timing out fast
- If they all time out the boss will attack and you will be FROZEN
- Each time one is shot it will start a new shot timing out.
- 4 shots collect the SJP == the total of the 4 Winter Is Coming values
collected
- GOTO HORDE
- FROZEN:
- Shoot one shot within a small window to unfreeze and restart BOSS.
- If the time runs out go to HORDE

#559 2 years ago

I had an idea that the sword should tell you what award (unlock) you get, and maybe what the next sword award will be.

Rob

4 weeks later
#560 2 years ago

I have a GOT LE and SW V1.29

my both flipper fingers are dead. If I press one button (right or left), the lower playfield turns black some seconds and light up again. The finger do NOT rise.

Has anybody the same problem?

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Steel-Cat:

my both flipper fingers are dead. If I press one button (right or left), the lower playfield turns black some seconds and light up again. The finger do NOT rise.

Sounds like your Node 8 board is shot. Common failure on this game. I replaced mine once already when my lower playfield lights were going out and my flippers would die for a few seconds.

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I tried to find the issue posted in previous pages BUT........ Does your GoT lose strength in kicking he ball out of the auto plunge over time?

My auto plunger is losing some strength as well I tried too adjust the hands on the auto plunger so they were both touching the ball and that helped but it still is has a weak shot 3 out of ten times. I made sure all the screws were tight on the assembly and replaced the coil sleeve but it still has a week shot about 3 out of 10 launches. I have played a WWE and a GOT pro out in the wild were the ball would not even make it out of the shooter lane. Is their a mod or adjustment somebody has figured out to improve the auto launch on these STERN games?

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

My auto plunger is losing some strength as well I tried too adjust the hands on the auto plunger so they were both touching the ball and that helped but it still is has a weak shot 3 out of ten times. I made sure all the screws were tight on the assembly and replaced the coil sleeve but it still has a week shot about 3 out of 10 launches. I have played a WWE and a GOT pro out in the wild were the ball would not even make it out of the shooter lane. Is their a mod or adjustment somebody has figured out to improve the auto launch on these STERN games?

I found an adjustment that worked for me. First thing to do is make sure all of the screws are tight on the auto plunger. Second straighten the left arm and bend the right arm on the auto plunger to left as far as it will go with out rubbing up against the plunger. This adjustment has given me more than enough power out of my auto lauch. This adjustment works I think is because you have the right arm of the auto plunger hitting more towards the center of the ball.

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from Steel-Cat:

OK, the node 8 board was exchanged - all OK again. It was in Rev 1.0B and exchanged with 1.0C1

2 weeks later
#565 2 years ago

I'm on GoT LE, v1.29.

Several times when I'm about to start a Blackwater Multiball, I'm given the chance to choose a house to battle. However, before I'm able to make a selection, the Blackwater Multiball starts, and I'm not battling any houses. It happens after only a couple of seconds, so it's not like it's timing out or anything.

It happens pretty randomly - not all the time, but often enough to be annoying. Anyone else experienced this and have any solutions?

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from rezmanbrown:

I'm on GoT LE, v1.29.
Several times when I'm about to start a Blackwater Multiball, I'm given the chance to choose a house to battle. However, before I'm able to make a selection, the Blackwater Multiball starts, and I'm not battling any houses. It happens after only a couple of seconds, so it's not like it's timing out or anything.
It happens pretty randomly - not all the time, but often enough to be annoying. Anyone else experienced this and have any solutions?

Sounds like you have a switch on the playfield triggering. Most common are the mini slings on the upper playfield.

#567 2 years ago

Played some GoT this afternoon and noticed a few things:

I shot the mystery with 4x mixed combo. I proceeded to buy a super jackpot at 1x which scored 50million. If the 50 million was multiplied by the como's, would it not make more sense to say 'buy super jackpot at 4x' like some of the other awards do (big points for example) and award the normal value multiplied?

There should be a bonus for completing the video mode with a flawless victory...

Lannister gold should be 2x at least a 1.5x just doesn't seem to cut it. Or there needs to be multiple perks for taking some of these houses like Lannister.

The lock still doesn't hold the ball if it rolls back too far after bouncing against the plastic post.

You guys still enjoying your games? I am!

Rob

#568 2 years ago

We need more voice call outs and animations during modes and mutiballs, hopefully some from the latest 6th season would be awesome.

#569 2 years ago

I'd like to see some type of random award spinning wheel for the spinner, improved prizes with Baratheon. Simple but so are the bumpers... Very simple but a great change up. A left to right wheel showing awards kind of like the book on ghostbusters but quicker.

It would need to be qualified to start, any other time it would operate like a normal spinner.

1 week later
#570 2 years ago

This game desperately needs some more sound clips and animations. I was playing I think BFTW and just utter silence for a while, needs some refinement. Anyone know when we could expect an update. Hint hint Dwight.

#571 2 years ago

Bug report:

- if you light the super jackpot via mystery, then start BWMB without collecting, you'll have unlimited super jackpots!

- another one which I think is known. If you drain to 1 ball during WHC mb during the freeze stage, the WHC mb effects will still go and you'll eventually get a free ball saver via the freeze effect.

#572 2 years ago

My request, is more sound and animation to give the effect you are attacking and conquering the upper playfield castle from another house.

I heard The Hound say a good call-out the other day with the flipper buttons....LOWER THE GATES!...or something.

Game isn't 1 year old yet, so still lots of time for a nice update. Really solid base code, game play just needs more flair and excitement in places

#573 2 years ago

The biggest issue with the game right now is a lack of show callouts and sound fx for certain modes (WHC). You want to be immersed in the show. You are house lannister you want to hear Jamie and Tyrion. The Viper in Martel mode. Theon in Greyjoy. John Snow and Allister at the wall. There are soooo many great lines from the show that are not used in the game. Imagine how much cooler it would be if the Viper was talking smack to the Mountain as you made the shots in Martel. It is so glaring when you have great Arya callouts in Stark mode and silence in Lannister, Martel, Greyjoy, Tyrell, and Baratheon.

I couldn't care less about more DMD animations, just add way more great callouts.

By way of comparison, almost every shot you hit in Spider-man triggers a quote from the movies. Every hit to GG and he laughs. Venom grunts. Doc Ok and Sandman. You feel like you are a part of the movies.

GOT is lacking so much in this respect highlighted by the fact that there are soooooo many great lines Dwight could use. Rules are great. Modes all there. Music and DMD are solid. Its just the show voices.

I know I have said this many times Dwight but the game is so close to being epic. Just add more immersion. Please please please!

#574 2 years ago

^^+1 Totally agree, could be epic!

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Bug report:
- if you light the super jackpot via mystery, then start BWMB without collecting, you'll have unlimited super jackpots

I hit this one yesterday, too, and came into this thread to post about it.

#576 2 years ago

Its not a bug, its a feature!

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:I know I have said this many times Dwight but the game is so close to being epic. Just add more immersion. Please please please!

Does he read the thread any more? I hope there's more to come for the game.

Rob

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does he read the thread any more? I hope there's more to come for the game.
Rob

Yep and yep. Don't know what specifically, but I know there will be more updates.

#579 2 years ago

I'd like to see more done with the swords... On default settings you only need 2 swords for 5x unlock. And the swords should probably tell the player what they unlocked. So after 5x is unlocked (2 houses), what does the swords do after that? I'm thinking of setting the sword difficulty on my game to hard so the swords have a bit more purpose.

Rob

#580 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'd like to see more done with the swords... On default settings you only need 2 swords for 5x unlock. And the swords should probably tell the player what they unlocked. So after 5x is unlocked (2 houses), what does the swords do after that? I'm thinking of setting the sword difficulty on my game to hard so the swords have a bit more purpose.
Rob

I don't see these changing as I've asked Dwight the same thing. If you want them all to have a purpose then yeah, I suggest setting them to hard.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

The biggest issue with the game right now is a lack of show callouts and sound fx for certain modes (WHC). You want to be immersed in the show. You are house lannister you want to hear Jamie and Tyrion. The Viper in Martel mode. Theon in Greyjoy. John Snow and Allister at the wall. There are soooo many great lines from the show that are not used in the game. Imagine how much cooler it would be if the Viper was talking smack to the Mountain as you made the shots in Martel. It is so glaring when you have great Arya callouts in Stark mode and silence in Lannister, Martel, Greyjoy, Tyrell, and Baratheon.
I couldn't care less about more DMD animations, just add way more great callouts.
By way of comparison, almost every shot you hit in Spider-man triggers a quote from the movies. Every hit to GG and he laughs. Venom grunts. Doc Ok and Sandman. You feel like you are a part of the movies.
GOT is lacking so much in this respect highlighted by the fact that there are soooooo many great lines Dwight could use. Rules are great. Modes all there. Music and DMD are solid. Its just the show voices.
I know I have said this many times Dwight but the game is so close to being epic. Just add more immersion. Please please please!

Yep, my thoughts exactly...this is what the game's missing for me the most, which is disappointing considering the license. Here's hoping for the next update they'll dump a slew of new show callouts into the game.

This isn't a Zizzle machine. This is an expensive piece of hardware capable of so much more. And Stern must make the most out of it.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I'd like to see some type of random award spinning wheel for the spinner, improved prizes with Baratheon. Simple but so are the bumpers... Very simple but a great change up. A left to right wheel showing awards kind of like the book on ghostbusters but quicker.
It would need to be qualified to start, any other time it would operate like a normal spinner.

That kind of bugs me that the pop bumper awards are just plain text. I thought maybe it could have spinning gears in the background, with the slot machine wheels having icons to represent awards, like the TVs on Elvis. The Mystery selection screen could be themed after the desk in the Iron Bank with the 3 dudes sitting down in it (each represents one of the three awards you choose).

I'd at least like to see a cool display effect for choosing Houses. Perhaps turning pages in a book with the flippers. Each page could be stylized to represent each mode that you can possibly choose.... Hand of the King could do with an opening animation, too.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I actually tried this once for awhile for the same reason. Result, bad idea. In theory it sounds good but the game thrives on multipliers so capping them at 3X at start is good and 2 swords is fine. Other swords are for points. My only wish is that greyjoy didn't start with sword lit.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Well said! This is what the game's missing for me the most, which is disappointing considering the license. Here's hoping for the next update they'll dump a slew of new show callouts into the game.

I agree. More WHC effects, sound queues for jackpots are definitely needed. And some show call outs as you begin lighting modes would be great just like there's ONE call out for the first shot on Martell. Would be cool to have first shot towards a mode be a call out, 2nd no call out, and 3rd to light the house with a call out.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

That kind of bugs me that the pop bumper awards are just plain text. I thought maybe it could have spinning gears in the background, with the slot machine wheels having icons to represent awards, like the TVs on Elvis.

Yeah, but then it would have been much tougher to copy it into the code for Ghostbusters.

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah, but then it would have been much tougher to copy it into the code for Ghostbusters.

Well, now that they've copied the exact bare-bones mechanic into both games (with the only difference being the bumper sounds), they should be able to do SOMETHING with them. Add icons in place of blank text, backgrounds, ect.

This area works gameplay-wise, but I personally don't find it that special or appealing as-is. Some polish would be nice.

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My only wish is that greyjoy didn't start with sword lit.

I agree completely with this. I also think default setting should be 2x unlocked at start, not 3x. 3x is too much of a gimmee.

Rob

#588 2 years ago

So I've been thinking about this:

1. Callouts: the game is too fast to have show call outs for progressing towards lighting houses. But it would be nice to have a few different once as you start a mode or other perfectly placed spots where the game won't out speed the call outs

2. Swords: after maxing the multipliers with swords; each additional sword collected should increase the max bonus multiplier by 1X. So you can progress towards 21X, 22X, 23X, and so on...bonus multiplier.

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. Callouts: the game is too fast to have show call outs for progressing towards lighting houses. But it would be nice to have a few different once as you start a mode or other perfectly placed spots where the game won't out speed the call outs
2. Swords: after maxing the multipliers with swords; each additional sword collected should increase the max bonus multiplier by 1X. So you can progress towards 21X, 22X, 23X, and so on...bonus multiplier.

How often do you get the bonus X up that high? I'd prefer to see something more obtainable from collecting the swords.

Rob

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

1. Callouts: the game is too fast to have show call outs for progressing towards lighting houses.

If they happen to go that route, then probably for consistency's sake they'd have to remove that one single quote you get from shooting the right orbit for the first time (the "...trial by combat" one I believe). I personally think that they still should have callouts when you make shots, albeit shorter ones than others. Like you could get a "A Lannister always pays his debts" by Tryon Lannister whenever you make that shot.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

But it would be nice to have a few different once as you start a mode or other perfectly placed spots where the game won't out speed the call outs

Agree. Currently the modes start with the same quote every time. Modes themselves are pretty silent as far as callouts are concerned. Overall each just need a little extra love in that department.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cool idea.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How often do you get the bonus X up that high? I'd prefer to see something more obtainable from collecting the swords.
Rob

When I have a real good ball and/or multiball it happens a lot. Plus, it would make purchasing bonus X in the store more enticing.

#592 2 years ago

Something else that should be relatively simple to impliment but would be great would be adding some different colors to the inserts for different modes. Its not like the rgb lights can only do 6 or 7 colors. IMO there should be no duplication (white for stark and castle advancement on the premium, purple for greyjoy and battle for the wall). At the very least change the shades like they did for blackwater so it wasn't the same as tyrell.

Why not use a lighter purple or pink for battle for the wall (and the castle black insert) and maybe a light blue / teal for the upper playfield castle targets.

Its little details like this that make a big difference.

6 months later
#593 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think if your combo multiplier arrows are flashing on the orbits, the autolaunch will go all the way around.
My game reset on me tonight during BWMB.
I had completed stark greyjoy and Tyrell. I took Lannister and Martell into the MB. I was playing as house Martell.
I got a couple quick JPs and the game reset. I've put about 150 games on 1.29 so far and that's the only time it has happened.

This just happened to me, BWMB, playing as Lannister, with a Winter is Coming for Tyrell. It almost seemed like I was getting unreal ball saves, and then boom, reset. Total Bummer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Marys, PA
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 593 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside