New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 143862)

GoT bugs and code wishlist

By Rob_G

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 605 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4B55B70A-0610-4AD0-B0A3-7763433D9129 (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

During multiball is the only time I notice right orbits not registering.

I've had it not register occasionally when Martell's mode feeds the left flipper, then I hit the right orbit at full speed.

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I've had it not register occasionally when Martell's mode feeds the left flipper, then I hit the right orbit at full speed.

You mean after locking a ball? That's because it was still deactivated because of a recent plunge. I believe it's the same code as when it's launching balls during multiball.

#503 4 years ago

Shuts down orbits anytime it plunges a ball all the way around. It's really annoying, and I try to keep it in mind.

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You mean after locking a ball? That's because it was still deactivated because of a recent plunge. I believe it's the same code as when it's launching balls during multiball.

I can't remember, but that's certainly plausible. The feed to the left is always the same during Martell regardless.

2 weeks later
#505 4 years ago

I had a couple goofy things happen during Martell the other night. Martell was my house, and I was playing Martell and GJ house battles together. Finished them together, but the animation for the Martell finish did not happen until like 30-45 seconds later when I had done a bunch of other stuff and was about to start two more house battles. Weird.

Also, I was playing as Martell house, and playing the Martell house battle on its own. I drained during the mode and my ball didn't end. Just kicked back into the shooter lane. I played my ball again, and when I drained it did the same thing. The mode was still going at this point. When I drained a third time it kept the ball and ran through the bonus countdown and what not. I drained down the middle each time, so this had nothing to do with LOL and I was way past a ball save.

#506 4 years ago

Also, people have reported that the settings for extra ball are not working properly. If you select the setting of 3 house completions it doesn't light after completing three houses. I have not tested this yet, but multiple people have mentioned it.

#507 4 years ago

Man this game is great!

I have only one request right now,and for any follow up spike games I plan to purchase from here on..

please fit a coin door switch again or else make a software installed coin door saver , so that when you enter service mode to retrieve a stuck ball or solve another issue during a game, that you get no power to shooter lane solenoid or the say throne. any place really to put the ball when you replace the glass and lockbar.. impossible on your own!

hope dwight stumbles on this too, twice in a week been fighting house 7 to get Iron Throne on my last ball , only to have the neighbors young son in a panic ring our doorbell because he locked himself out of his own. I had to let the ball go..

coin door ball saver.. no!!

Second time this morning, last house, targaryan second level, last ball , my youngest needs assistance.. immediately.. serious.

These new games get more complicated and take longer to complete , and an undisturbed half hour is difficult in any household, there must be a way to program a ball save function to just pause these games in the home environment , please, please!

#508 4 years ago

Wait, are you saying there is no coin door ball saver at all? Or is it just that it's turned off by default in the settings (like all modern Sterns)?

If it's the former, that's a big issue for tournament play. It's come into play a half dozen times when trying to unstick balls mid-multiball, etc.

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Wait, are you saying there is no coin door ball saver at all? Or is it just that it's turned off by default in the settings (like all modern Sterns)?
If it's the former, that's a big issue for tournament play. It's come into play a half dozen times when trying to unstick balls mid-multiball, etc.

Not an issue for tournaments. just take the balls out and you don't have to worry about them draining. Put them on the flippers when unstuck.

It's explained in another thread, but spike games have no worries in tournaments.

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had a couple goofy things happen during Martell the other night. Martell was my house, and I was playing Martell and GJ house battles together. Finished them together, but the animation for the Martell finish did not happen until like 30-45 seconds later when I had done a bunch of other stuff and was about to start two more house battles. Weird.

I've seen this happen when playing as GJ and battling Martell. Plus Martell is too easy to complete I think, especially as GJ.

Rob

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've seen this happen when playing as GJ and battling Martell. Plus Martell is too easy to complete I think, especially as GJ.
Rob

GJ needs to require the purple shots too. All modes should require the purple shots to be hit in one way shape or form.

1 week later
#512 4 years ago

Has anyone had the game give you just a 1 second timer for choosing your battle? I believe the minimum is supposed to be 5 and more if you have more houses ready.

Rob

#513 4 years ago

I have not. I did notice that when you're on your last one to two houses it doesn't let you skip anymore though. "Shrug"

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had the game give you just a 1 second timer for choosing your battle? I believe the minimum is supposed to be 5 and more if you have more houses ready.
Rob

I've encountered what I thought might be a bug, but now I'm thinking it's supposed to be this way. Sometimes when playing 2 houses stacked and you finish one and not the other, if you quickly shoot the center ramp, it automatically starts the second house again, as in no choice screen at all.

#515 4 years ago

The issue I've noticed is weird pauses of 1-4 seconds where all the lights (GI, inserts, everything) are out on the playfield after a mode finishes. Haven't figured out if it's certain modes or random, but it's really strange, and makes it hard to see the ball still in play.

Also, sometimes the ball will drain and there will be quite a pause before it acknowledges it. Shaking the machine to jiggle the ball trough doesn't help, so I don't think it's a trough issue.

#516 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed the extra ball insert when is says "extra ball is lit" is not lit sometimes?

#517 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Has anyone noticed the extra ball insert when is says "extra ball is lit" is not lit sometimes?

I have never seen this on four different GOT's.

#518 4 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The issue I've noticed is weird pauses of 1-4 seconds where all the lights (GI, inserts, everything) are out on the playfield after a mode finishes. Haven't figured out if it's certain modes or random, but it's really strange, and makes it hard to see the ball still in play.
Also, sometimes the ball will drain and there will be quite a pause before it acknowledges it. Shaking the machine to jiggle the ball trough doesn't help, so I don't think it's a trough issue.

I've seen this if you lite lock and then side drain when LOL is lit.

#519 4 years ago

Don't think this is a bug or code issue or even a trough opto problem, but I occasionally get 2 balls in the shooter lane. I think the ball is ejected in the shooter lane quite hard which makes the ball hit off the side and travel up the lane a little not hitting the shooter lane switch fast enough which loads an additional ball in the trough. I fire the original ball and play and when it drains and goes to the next ball is when I see the 2 balls in the shooter lane. Anyone else have this issue? People have said to reflow the opto connections but I don't think that is the issue. Perhaps putting some dead ball foam on the side when it kicks out to deaden that kick out would help. Any other suggestions?

#520 4 years ago

If this is an opto problem I feel I should not have to re-flow anything on a brand new game. Id rather call Stern and see if they can send me new opto boards to replace.

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Don't think this is a bug or code issue or even a trough opto problem, but I occasionally get 2 balls in the shooter lane. I think the ball is ejected in the shooter lane quite hard which makes the ball hit off the side and travel up the lane a little not hitting the shooter lane switch fast enough which loads an additional ball in the trough. I fire the original ball and play and when it drains and goes to the next ball is when I see the 2 balls in the shooter lane. Anyone else have this issue? People have said to reflow the opto connections but I don't think that is the issue. Perhaps putting some dead ball foam on the side when it kicks out to deaden that kick out would help. Any other suggestions?

Sounds like a classic ball trough opto/switch problem.

#522 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Check the trough switches in switch test.

Rob

#523 4 years ago

The trough switches all work fine. This only happens maybe once every five games or so. I'll talk with Chaz and see what he has to say. I think it's related to the hard ball kick out.

#524 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

The trough switches all work fine. This only happens maybe once every five games or so. I'll talk with Chaz and see what he has to say. I think it's related to the hard ball kick out.

Could be intermittently bad switch or opto. The worst kind to diagnose.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Mine does this too. Not sure what's going on.

#526 4 years ago

I've seen this only once or twice in ~500 plays. I'd call it a feature, not a bug. Free multiball!

#527 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

I've seen this only once or twice in ~500 plays. I'd call it a feature, not a bug. Free multiball!

Same here. The game knows that there is an extra ball out there and when you drain one, it doesn't end your ball. But I am in the same boat as you. I think this has happened maybe once in over 1,000 plays.

#528 4 years ago

I finally made it to Iron Throne for the first time (after getting all 6 houses but Targaryen on ball 1) and think it could use some additional code as far as display and sound. Hand of the King seemed more dramatic from that standpoint and other than the lights there really wasn't much indication what I was supposed to be doing or shooting for.

1 week later
#529 4 years ago

Bug (Pro Model): You can have the Mystery lit at the dragon shot and if that particular shot starts a WIC hurry up, the game forgets about giving you the Mystery (first).

Rob

#530 4 years ago

I am happy to be stupid and don't notice all of the bugs?
I have a GOTLE and it is awesome!!
Woohoooo!!!

1 month later
#531 4 years ago

I only mention the bugs here so Dwight is aware of them and maybe will fix them if he has time.

I updated my pro to 1.29 tonight and saw 2 new issues happen I have never seen before.

1: Drained down the left outlane which seemed to cause the 3 target bank solenoid to fire off 3 times in a row (fast). This only happened once so I have no idea if it was a fluke or what. All subsequent games I didn't see this. Yes, I realize it could be a connection issue on the switch board. I'll check it later if it happens again.

2: When the game autolaunches a ball from the ball save and it makes an orbit as a result, the spinner scoring can produce wrong sound effect. I had this happen several times.... I really liked the thundering booms it was making, it sounded very, very cool! The game doesn't always let the ball orbit on an autolaunch. I wonder what the criteria is?

Honestly, the mystery store as it stands now just isn't that interesting. Why would I spend 1580 gold for 10 wildfire when I can get 10 wildfire with 1 hit to the battering ram? Here's an interesting idea: Why not have the playfield multipliers also affect the amounts you purchase in the store? For example, if you have 5x playfield multiplier going then you can get 50 wildfire for 1580 gold instead of 10..... Combo multipliers maybe shouldn't count for this as they would make it way too lucrative.... At least it would make buying some of this stuff in the store more interesting.

Rob

#532 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

2: When the game autolaunches a ball from the ball save and it makes an orbit as a result, the spinner scoring can produce wrong sound effect. I had this happen several times.... I really liked the thundering booms it was making, it sounded very, very cool! The game doesn't always let the ball orbit on an autolaunch. I wonder what the criteria is?

I think if your combo multiplier arrows are flashing on the orbits, the autolaunch will go all the way around.

My game reset on me tonight during BWMB.

I had completed stark greyjoy and Tyrell. I took Lannister and Martell into the MB. I was playing as house Martell.

I got a couple quick JPs and the game reset. I've put about 150 games on 1.29 so far and that's the only time it has happened.

#533 4 years ago

Dwight, v1.29 has made my machine drainier! The electromagnet outlane attractors are set too strong again, set to 11.

#534 4 years ago

It's a small thing, but I noticed that new players are often confused that the extra ball insert is on for the battle at the wall multiball. It would be better if all the inserts would flash up the right orbit like the ones for hand of the king.

#535 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

It's a small thing, but I noticed that new players are often confused that the extra ball insert is on for the battle at the wall multiball. It would be better if all the inserts would flash up the right orbit like the ones for hand of the king.

This is a great suggestion!

#536 4 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I agree and am sure I even mentioned this myself months ago..

Rob

#537 4 years ago

Not really a bug, more a lack of info on the DMD:

Condition:

1. Wall Multiball is lit
2. Current ball drains before hitting the right orbit
3. Just prior to launching the next ball, DMD announces Wall Multiball is active "Hit the right orbit...", but does NOT report the ball number about to be launched

I was not clear if this was a free ball or my 3rd ball - it was my 3rd, and I did hit the right orbit.

I have seen this a couple times, but could not recall the condition. I went to play today to find it and ran into it on the first try!

#538 4 years ago

Played a few games last night, they need to add more excitement to the start sequences of 'Battle for the Wall' and 'Winter has Come' multi-balls....they seem a bit basic and quiet

#539 4 years ago

code 1.29. I was playing a game last night and already collected an extra ball then I completed a fourth house to light another extra ball (my setting in game adjustments instead of random) in which the call out said that the extra ball was lit but the insert was not lit. I shot the dragon and was awarded the extra ball but insert was not lite where it had been before and the lamp is fine. Bug.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The electromagnet outlane attractors are set too strong again, set to 11.

Mine too. Except it's actually the playfield that is warped. Seriously convex.

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

....they seem a bit basic and quiet

The music volume does seem quite low at the beginning of Wall Multiball. It makes the beginning of the multiball feel kind of anti climatic..

Rob

#542 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The music volume does seem quite low at the beginning of Wall Multiball. It makes the beginning of the multiball feel kind of anti climatic..
Rob

Yeah I think the music in general on the game is too low, I actually turned it up in the settings (music attenuation -5?)....has anyone else adjusted theirs?

Game needs more/better animations and less of the fuzzy TV cuts...although you hardly get time to see them the action is so fast.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Yeah Wall starts out so well with the lights and the horns then just like 10 seconds of silence. Hopefully there's something that can be added to get you pumped for the multiball.

I think the start to WHC is pretty sweet, but just lacks the callouts or sound effects during the multiball.

But like it was said before, if you have a super stack going, it's hard to notice or care about the lack of sounds and animations because of how nuts it is. Haha

BWMB, don't change a thing. The whole experience of that is incredible.

1 week later
#544 4 years ago

Does anyone else have issues with their Lord of Light side drains not ejecting the replacement ball?

This has happened to me a few times, I thought it might be the switches but the 'ball save' sound and animation still plays.

The ball drains, no replacement ball then bonus count

Its happened on both left and right out lanes

#545 4 years ago

I haven't seen this since I loaded 1.29.

#546 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah Wall starts out so well with the lights and the horns then just like 10 seconds of silence. Hopefully there's something that can be added to get you pumped for the multiball.
I think the start to WHC is pretty sweet, but just lacks the callouts or sound effects during the multiball.
But like it was said before, if you have a super stack going, it's hard to notice or care about the lack of sounds and animations because of how nuts it is. Haha
BWMB, don't change a thing. The whole experience of that is incredible.

I agree, both BFTW and WHC start really well but after that it's just shooting the lit shots for me. It's total ball chaos and I wish I knew what I was shooting for. I don't have time to be looking at the DMD and I think in WHC I'm battling something or some boss I think I read somewhere and it would be nice for some detail. For example, "hit the lit shots to destroy Joe White Walker", something. Same for BFTW, what is my goal other than just hitting lit shots and then going for the super jackpot? I guess I need to watch someone during these multiballs so I know what's going on.

#547 4 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Does anyone else have issues with their Lord of Light side drains not ejecting the replacement ball?
This has happened to me a few times, I thought it might be the switches but the 'ball save' sound and animation still plays.
The ball drains, no replacement ball then bonus count
Its happened on both left and right out lanes

Is there a specific house you are playing as?

It might be a good idea to check your ball trough switches just in case.

Rob

#548 4 years ago

As posted above as well, has anyone else have the call out that says the extra ball is lit, but when you look at the insert, it is not lit?Just to be clear, the lamp works.

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:As posted above as well, has anyone else have the call out that says the extra ball is lit, but when you look at the insert, it is not lit?Just to be clear, the lamp works.

How was the extra ball lit? From completing houses or from the pop bumpers? Is it at factory settings?

Rob

#550 4 years ago

I'm not quite sure, I changed the factory settings in the number of houses to complete at 4 before getting an extra ball. Factory I think is random?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside