Topic Stats

• 605 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by genex
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4B55B70A-0610-4AD0-B0A3-7763433D9129 (resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Try shooting it during Castle Multiball and see what happens

I only have a pro and no access to a premium or LE. So I don't know what happens. I thought about upgrading to a premium, but it would mean selling my GoT pro and ST pro to fund a premium. Since I might only pocket $1000 cash after it's all done, I'm not sure it's a worthy upgrade.

Rob

#452 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I got more than one LOL tonight that screwed me over during MB. Seems if you have a couple balls still in play and they both drain down the outlane together, you lose them both and neither come back. Bummer.

With LOL lit you didn't get any ball(s) back? That sounds like a bug...maybe you hit the switches at the exact same time or something wacky
Or maybe they're sticking it to youl Double drain, double shame.

#453 3 years ago

Yeah I'm thinking the game was just overloaded with switch hits and other things going on as I think this happened right after the ball save timed out and the grace period was over.

#454 3 years ago

I've seen the same issue with LOL not rewarding a ball kickback during multiball. Seems to happen just as the grace period of the shoot again light ends.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've seen the same issue with LOL not rewarding a ball kickback during multiball. Seems to happen just as the grace period of the shoot again light ends.

So ball save goes off, ball drains before LOL relights...classic F job.

I love it.

#456 3 years ago

haha. I am horrible in the Multiball modes. I bet you guys didn't even know you could score less than 20 million points in any of the multiballs. I know for a fact you can, as I do it on a regular basis.

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fair point about the progress lights. I guess you are right.

Next time you are thinking of it, go into feature adjustments and look at the LOL settings. Default says "once per game", and the other option is "3 bank completions lights lanes". I just don't understand what those descriptions mean I guess.

Could it possibly mean 1st target completion awards LOL, then 3 completions awards LOL for the rest of the game VS. LOL only lit by 3 target completions throughout the game?

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know for a fact you can, as I do it on a regular basis.

Good lord man...20?!? Grab on to a ball and slow it down.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Could it possibly mean 1st target completion awards LOL, then 3 completions awards LOL for the rest of the game VS. LOL only lit by 3 target completions throughout the game?

Good guess

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So ball save goes off, ball drains before LOL relights...classic F job.
I love it.

I think LOL should have a difficulty where it's either both sides (easy) or one side alternating (normal).

Rob

#460 3 years ago

That's a good idea. And maybe even use the slingshots to alternate it. And go a step further where if you get the drops down again it'll light the 2nd so you have both.

But, all in all I love the LOL. I mean who doesn't? I could see the very best players taking advantage of the LOL. But it's perfect at my skill level as I can see a lot of the game features in little time and know I always have a chance for IT which I've been to 3 times so far.

#461 3 years ago

At my current skill level, I'd like to see LOL lit all the time. #noshaaame

#462 3 years ago

Haha. I was getting so frustrated with myself last night. Not getting anywhere. Those of you that have been to IT multiple times, what route do you normally take? I was trying Tyrell, then play Tyrell mode right away to increase my multipliers. Then try and bring two of Lan, GJ, or Targaryen into multiball. Then pick off the other modes as they happen.

My new strategy with conquering targaryen has been to bring it into Multiballs. Especially the last wave.

#463 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I was getting so frustrated with myself last night. Not getting anywhere. Those of you that have been to IT multiple times, what route do you normally take?

My strategy is to keep the ball above the flippers. Never works, though.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think LOL should have a difficulty where it's either both sides (easy) or one side alternating (normal).
Rob

Man...people just love to make it harder on themselves eh?

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Play better!

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It works best if you bang away simultaneously on both flippers the moment you launch the ball until it drains.

You should also always start four player games......and then walk away half way through.

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Each house should get a button power like Martel to use once a ball:
Stark- Collect WIC hurry-up
Tyrell- Max all combo multipliers
Baratheon- Light LOL
Lannister- Light Mystery/ collect unlit standups
Greyjoy- Tilt warning for already having used your Martel add-a-ball
Then once the power is used revert to the Iron Bank rules

I'm bumping this idea in hopes that Dwight will implement it or something similar. It really would bring the game to another level if each house got their own button power. Please Dwight!

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm bumping this idea in hopes that Dwight will implement it or something similar. It really would bring the game to another level if each house got their own button power. Please Dwight!

At this point I'll take Targaryen 3 bug fix and better right orbit logic!

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Logic shmogic, give me power ups! Haha just messing

What kind of right orbit logic? For premiums?

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

My family and I all yell out. "I just got right orbited" every time an important shot does not get counted.

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

My family and I all yell out. "I just got right orbited" every time an important shot does not get counted.

Oh yea yea yea, right orbit switches during multiballs could be better!

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

On our Pro model sometimes the switch will not count as a rollover even though the shot has been made to the right orbit.
At first we thought the switch was not working correctly. But it is working perfectly.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Or why not have a rare, random 'Hodor!' callout or audio cue and you need to immediately need to hit the action button to start a score countdown shot... I think the possibilities are really endless... but add too much and it would then get convoluted...

Rob

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Logic shmogic, give me power ups! Haha just messing

I think it's right orbit logic in the sense that while balls are being autoplunged, the game treats all shots to that orbit as fallout from the autoplunger. Probably similar to TWD in that you can't collect EB's for a few seconds while the autoplunger does its job.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

I think it's right orbit logic in the sense that while balls are being autoplunged, the game treats all shots to that orbit as fallout from the autoplunger. Probably similar to TWD in that you can't collect EB's for a few seconds while the autoplunger does its job.

Yeah, I had this happen tonight. The game auto launched the ball all the way around and I made a great right orbit combo off the left flipper - except the shot didn't count! Perhaps other switch hits during single ball play can cancel out the auto launch timer(?).

I'm still having balls not holding in the lock and it always seems to be caused by large bounce-backs off the nylon post from hard shots.

Rob

#476 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Not sure anything can be done about this. I mean, I'm no programmer by any means but that switch gets hit on the plunge. How can you fix the issue when every time a ball is plunged it hits that switch? Just makes the game more challenging IMO. You know how the switch behaves so work around it.

At the start of BW MB, bump the first ball that is kicked out from the right flipper to the left then shoot right orbit. Gets that jackpot right away and you don't have to worry about the auto plunger shutting off the switch.

#477 3 years ago

Also for the targaryen 3 bug, has anyone been able to figure out exactly when this occurs? I've tried to recreate it based off what others have described and cannot do it.

#478 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It works best if you bang away simultaneously on both flippers the moment you launch the ball until it drains.
You should also always start four player games......and then walk away half way through.

That's so weird. It's like you know me.

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's funny shit right there!

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not sure anything can be done about this. I mean, I'm no programmer by any means but that switch gets hit on the plunge. How can you fix the issue when every time a ball is plunged it hits that switch? Just makes the game more challenging IMO. You know how the switch behaves so work around it.
At the start of BW MB, bump the first ball that is kicked out from the right flipper to the left then shoot right orbit. Gets that jackpot right away and you don't have to worry about the auto plunger shutting off the switch.

Well I'm no rocket scientist but it seems for each auto launch you can ignore the next right orbit switch hit rather than auto launch disabling the right orbit switch for 10 seconds like it currently does.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Well I'm no rocket scientist but it seems for each auto launch you can ignore the next right orbit switch hit rather than auto launch disabling the right orbit switch for 10 seconds like it currently does.

Yeah that would do the trick. Haha.

#482 3 years ago

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned: get to iron throne as Martell or Greyjoy before your last ball and drain. Hit button to launch your next ball and it immediately burns your add-a-ball / extra ball save. Then, if you're like me, do the same thing again the next ball too. Ugh

#483 3 years ago

I would like if the greyjoy color was more purpley. I have a hard time telling it from the WIC color

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned: get to iron throne as Martell or Greyjoy before your last ball and drain. Hit button to launch your next ball and it immediately burns your add-a-ball / extra ball save. Then, if you're like me, do the same thing again the next ball too. Ugh

so you have IT lit or you started it and drained? So at the start of ball two did you start right back in IT? Sorry I have never been to IT so I'm not sure how the mode runs. I would say to just manual plunge from now on so that doesn't happen. I never use the button to plunge cause every so often my auto plunger doesn't get it all the way to the top lanes and I want to make sure it gets up there.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

so you have IT lit or you started it and drained? So at the start of ball two did you start right back in IT? Sorry I have never been to IT so I'm not sure how the mode runs. I would say to just manual plunge from now on so that doesn't happen. I never use the button to plunge cause every so often my auto plunger doesn't get it all the way to the top lanes and I want to make sure it gets up there.

Already started and drained - Iron Throne is the rare wizard mode that continues ball to ball until your game ends or you beat it (at which point all houses reset and the game effectively starts over).

I had gotten into the habit of using the button to plunge after playing a walking dead where manually plunging often caused the ball to clip the lower left pop bumper, borking the skill shot, while the button usually didn't. But, yes, it's all manual for me with GoT from now on

#486 3 years ago

Already started and drained - Iron Throne is the rare wizard mode that continues ball to ball until your game ends or you beat it (at which point all houses reset and the game effectively starts over).
I had gotten into the habit of using the button to plunge after playing a walking dead where manually plunging often caused the ball to clip the lower left pop bumper, borking the skill shot, while the button usually didn't. But, yes, it's all manual for me with GoT from now on

The TWD premium I play definitely did that - more often than the pro. And then when it learned that I started plunging with the button, it learned to bork that up too.

#487 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I would like if the greyjoy color was more purpley. I have a hard time telling it from the WIC color

I agree with this. Although I wonder if the weak purple is a limitation of the LED?

Rob

#488 3 years ago

I don't think so. Watch the colors fade during attract and there's some decent purples to be had there

#489 3 years ago

On the pro I'd like to see a greener tyrell - too similar to yellow-green of BWM jackpots, particularly when running simultaneously

#490 3 years ago

On the pro I'd like to see a greener tyrell - too similar to yellow-green of BWM jackpots, particularly when running simultaneously

I find the Tyrell Green to be good, but the BWM Green is a bit to yellow still. The multiball color is certainly better then it was on the previous code though. Back then it looked totally yellow to me.

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I find the Tyrell Green to be good, but the BWM Green is a bit to yellow still. The multiball color is certainly better then it was on the previous code though. Back then it looked totally yellow to me.

I like the green fine too, just want more differentiation between the two

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also for the targaryen 3 bug, has anyone been able to figure out exactly when this occurs? I've tried to recreate it based off what others have described and cannot do it.

Haven't watched it yet, but looks like Keith just posted a vid exploiting the bug so watch and learn, I guess

#493 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

And not just on auto launches. I got ripped off during the state finals by hitting a slow left orbit, followed quickly by a right orbit which was lit for jackpot. The game assumed the right orbit switch was closed by the ball coming from the left orbit and did not award. This was on a pro.

Question for KME. On your Martel run through video, how the hell did you score over 3billion for a single shot to the battering ram during HOTK?

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Question for KME. On your Martel run through video, how the hell did you score over 3billion for a single shot to the battering ram during HOTK?

The Super Jackpot is worth ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield multiplier.

My guess is that it adds up quickly when you get farther through the game.

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The Super Jackpot is worth ((6 * SJP level * jackpot amount) + SJP BASE AMOUNT) * playfield multiplier.
My guess is that it adds up quickly when you get farther through the game.

That's just the Blackwater SJP.

Having made a multi billion point shot myself in HOTK, the most likely explanation is his *multiplied* SJP value got added to the hurryup, then that hurryup was, itself, multiplied as well.

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

And not just on auto launches. I got ripped off during the state finals by hitting a slow left orbit, followed quickly by a right orbit which was lit for jackpot. The game assumed the right orbit switch was closed by the ball coming from the left orbit and did not award. This was on a pro.

What Luckydogg said. As long as you don't make the fatal mistake of bringing Stark into HOTK you collect 2 supers (3 if you don't bring Greyjoy in) all of which goes into the hurry-up value to be collected at the ram.

#497 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I have had many clean right orbit shots not count and most of them had nothing to do with auto launch.
I have put my machine in switch test mode many times and can not make the switch fail at all. Must be something in the code.

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have had many clean right orbit shots not count and most of them had nothing to do with auto launch.

I have a Pro, and I regularly will hit right orbit shots as fast as can be and have not once noticed a right orbit not register except when it's auto launching a ball.

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a Pro, and I regularly will hit right orbit shots as fast as can be and have not once noticed a right orbit not register except when it's auto launching a ball.

During multiball is the only time I notice right orbits not registering.

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

During multiball is the only time I notice right orbits not registering.

If a left orbit falls into the jets then the right orbit is ignored for a bit. That's why only le-prem owners complain

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Union City, CA
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 605 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside