Topic Stats

• 593 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by AaronGNP
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
PF_(resized).jpg
Got_3_(resized).jpeg
Got_2_(resized).jpg
Got_1_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
20151213_014445.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png
image001_(resized).jpg

There are 593 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 3 years ago

To discuss any bugs you might find or express ideas on how to improve the game. I guess I will start!

Bugs (hardware/software):

I had my game in attract mode for a while and when I started a game, the Iron Throne insert was stuck on. I played one ball and then restarted (holding start) on ball 2. The insert was still stuck on. After a power cycle it seems ok now.

The upper right gate causes issues with the ball passing through it about 15% of the time. It might need to be raised a bit.

Is the game supposed to hold the ball in the dragon kickback during mutiball (at all)? There's no reason I see for the hold since you can't do the mystery. Unless there's a rule I don't know about? Lighting an extra ball when the ball is in there automatically awards the extra ball.

Request trial by combat cutscene plays too fast.

Wishlist:

Make the game over music and the wall multiball music louder. They are both way too soft.

There's lots of video in wall multiball, but little sound to go with it. I hope this changes. Incomplete code?

Add a super skill shot.

Disable the high voltage in the switch test. Or disable the coils like the jets for example. It's a PITA adjusting the switches with the coil constantly firing.

More (some) fanfare for wall super jackpots. Probably just not finished code yet.

Rob

#2 3 years ago

Have the sword name call outs happen quicker. As soon as you make the ramp, not a second or two later.

It should be as quick as aria stark calling names on her death list.

#3 3 years ago

I got the dragon mystery and was given 2 purchase options:

2000 Gold - 20 Million
2400 Gold - 2x Super Jackpot lit

I knew the SJ was not going to be BIG points and was right. It was barely over 3 million at 2x. How is that a 'super jackpot' and why would it cost MORE than the other option?

Rob

#4 3 years ago

Locks made during Lannister battle are not held, but released right away. I don't know if there is a reason for this or not.

I think all multiball music is too soft and that includes Blackwater multiball.

Rob

#5 3 years ago

Spinner worth more
Iron throne worth less.
More satisfying sound effect for starting/advancing playfield X at ram.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Spinner worth more
Iron throne worth less.
More satisfying sound effect for starting/advancing playfield X at ram.

I have found that about 20% of shots to the ram don't register. I wonder if the game thinks the switch is flakey if it bounces open/closed a few times? Then it does not register on purpose (flakey switch logic). Sometimes the right orbit does not register either, but that's more rare.

I have not even been close to iron throne. Still feeling out the game and the different modes..

Rob

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have found that about 20% of shots to the ram don't register. Sometimes the right orbit does not register either, but that's more rare.

Agreed on the right orbit. If you blast it, sometimes the switch doesn't register.

I have only noticed the ram not registering on shots that aren't square. Which I think is good. Should have to hit that badboy perfect in order to register the hit.

I would like to see more obvious wall multiball progression. I cannot tell how many lane completions I have done that easily. If I cradle up and go through the instant info will it tell me?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed on the right orbit. If you blast it, sometimes the switch doesn't register.
I have only noticed the ram not registering on shots that aren't square. Which I think is good. Should have to hit that badboy perfect in order to register the hit.
I would like to see more obvious wall multiball progression. I cannot tell how many lane completions I have done that easily. If I cradle up and go through the instant info will it tell me?

Yes, it's in the instant info. Oh and I think the lighting for 'shoot the dragon' could be improved.

Rob

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got the dragon mystery and was given 2 purchase options:
2000 Gold - 20 Million
2400 Gold - 2x Super Jackpot lit
I knew the SJ was not going to be BIG points and was right. It was barely over 3 million at 2x. How is that a 'super jackpot' and why would it cost MORE than the other option?
Rob

Not sure, I haven't played it, but is it possible that the Super Jackpot is variable? For example can you build a super jackpot of let's say 15 million, where it would make sense to choose the 2x Super Jackpot for big points? If so, then it becomes a strategic choice of how to spend your gold, which is very cool. If super jackpot will only ever be a few million, then yeah, that makes not sense.

#10 3 years ago

I would like a simple adjustment to turn off game over music.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Not sure, I haven't played it, but is it possible that the Super Jackpot is variable? For example can you build a super jackpot of let's say 15 million, where it would make sense to choose the 2x Super Jackpot for big points? If so, then it becomes a strategic choice of how to spend your gold, which is very cool. If super jackpot will only ever be a few million, then yeah, that makes not sense.

I don't know what it takes to build high super jackpots, but what I have seen so far and the given fanfare it isn't very 'super'. Maybe it just needs a higher starting value?

Rob

#12 3 years ago

More issues with 'stuck' inserts. I just had the sword insert stuck on at the beginning of a game just now. I think perhaps it could be related to the game start not correctly clearing the attract mode insert behavior.

Rob

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Spinner worth more

I was playing a game, shooting the spinner quite a lot and the value does start getting higher the more you shoot it. Now what the game needs is the ability to maybe purchase 'spinner hold value' from the mystery shop.

Rob

#14 3 years ago

The one thing I would like to see is not having Winter is Coming on the center ramp prevent a house choice when you have lock 3 lit. Nothing worse than lining up your lock 3 and lit house on the center ramp for the stack, then having Winter is Coming start instead on that shot. It starts Blackwater MB, but now can't start any houses before starting multiball because of Winter is Coming which sucks.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I had 5x playfield going and nailed a few super jackpots... but the timer runs out quickly so it's hard to get more than 3 or maybe 4 of them. Each one was 25 million (5mil x 5). The mission points at the same time for saving Mycella... (spelling?) were about 100 million per shot... So I think Super Jackpots still remain quite disappointing.

I played Greyjoy today and my first lock with nothing else lit on the center ramp was promptly released and not held like it should have been. Greyjoy is quite fun to play and very challenging! I got 1.8B on one game just now.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but sometimes the pop bumpers get a bit generous on the reel awards by giving one after another after another. I'm not complaining about that though!

Rob

#16 3 years ago

At Expo Steve Ritchie said the SJP in Blackwater will be worth more in future code as I agree that it's not that super

#17 3 years ago

Me and a friend tore into the game today. The problem with the battering ram not responding was that the securing plate under the playfield was never properly secured in place, but was laying in the cabinet. The missing 2 screws and a coin mech screw were found in the remnants of the shipping box in the garage. The plate keeps the battering ram from lifting up. As for the lock not holding the balls, I believe it's an issue with the adjustment of the lowest switch where it's not staying closed. It's getting too late to look at it now, but I will tomorrow. We also pulled the back panel off the playfield and tried to adjust the ball gates. It might be a bit better now.

So the battering ram and the lock not holding balls appear mechanical and not software. One of the screws was coming out the side of the battering ram as well.

Rob

#18 3 years ago

I know I would really like to see the ability to purchase a bonus hold on this game...

Rob

#19 3 years ago

I wish there was more feedback from other owners here. I'm having weird issues with my game which I have not figured out yet. Plus I found a new bug in the latest code.

Bug - Don't buy video mode at the start of wall multiball. You won't get a chance to play it and you will lose.

Bug - Sometimes super jackpot may be lit when blackwater multiball ends, but hitting awards nothing and the super jackpot light then goes out.

The battering ram is still a PITA on my game even after the mechanism was fixed. 2 or 3 times in a row it will be hit solidly and just not register. Someone please tell me if they see the same on their game.

Balls still continue to not be held in the lock on HARD shots. The hard shots see the ball bounce back more from the stopper. This seems to be when it happens.

Right flipper is back working after being dead for a while. No rhyme or reason I can see so far. A new node board is coming.

Other notes:
Super jackpots are worth more now? About 1 to 3 million with no multiplier which is about the same as before.
The advance Wall Multiball perk is weak if that's all it does is advance it 1 count.
I've asked before and have not got an answer. Does your game have an interlock switch on the coin door? Mine does not.
The drop target inserts make no sense?

#20 3 years ago

People are still waiting on the second batches of Pros to ship. I hope to get mine next weekend, but haven't gotten the word from Trent yet that he had his next shipment. Have you called stern support for some of your issues? May be helpful. You can bet your butt once I get mine I'll be giving a full report on here to help with the cause.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People are still waiting on the second batches of Pros to ship. I hope to get mine next weekend, but haven't gotten the word from Trent yet that he had his next shipment. Have you called stern support for some of your issues? May be helpful. You can bet your butt once I get mine I'll be giving a full report on here to help with the cause.

Well, I was able to play several games tonight and the right flipper quit again in the middle of a decent game. So much for that, but at least I got to play some of the new update.

I called my reseller and he has a new node board coming from Stern. I hope it's here before next weekend and resolves the issue. They said this is the first problem like this reported.

Rob

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well, I was able to play several games tonight and the right flipper quit again in the middle of a decent game. So much for that, but at least I got to play some of the new update.
I called my reseller and he has a new node board coming from Stern. I hope it's here before next weekend and resolves the issue. They said this is the first problem like this reported.
Rob

Interesting. Well hopefully that fixes the issue and it gets there soon.

#23 3 years ago

I found out it's more than the right flipper that is out. The dragon and the up post under the dragon also stop working at the same time. The connectors are all together on one side of the node board. This node board is also pretty close to the left flipper. I wonder if vibration caused a solder joint to fail on the pcb? It's still early and only time will tell if anyone else has issues like I have.

Rob

#24 3 years ago

Stern has posted on FB new video mode better but still not good

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

All I wanted was something I wouldn't always choose to skip. This update made it good enough for that. I'm happy with the change.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Looks pretty freakin cool actually. But do the flipper coils still need to fire during it?

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looks pretty freakin cool actually. But do the flipper coils still need to fire during it?

I didn't notice this on the old code? The flippers fired while playing video mode?

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. The one time you play this awful mode the flippers will fire. But since you'll never want to play it again, who cares.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yes. The one time you play this awful mode the flippers will fire. But since you'll never want to play it again, who cares.

Well how's the rest of the code?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I only played it a few times myself. I think it still needs tweaking to make it better. Perhaps there needs to be more incentive to play it other than a few measly points. Like if you win, you get points plus a random award.

Rob

#31 3 years ago

yeah the points aren't that huge for it but I like that. Don't like video modes that themselves can win you a game in a tourney like on STTNG

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I only played it a few times myself. I think it still needs tweaking to make it better. Perhaps there needs to be more incentive to play it other than a few measly points. Like if you win, you get points plus a random award.
Rob

A flawless 2x video mode seems to be worth 50M now. Not too bad a deal for the gold spent. It seems like you get more points the higher your health bar is.

As far as bugs: as of 1.17, I am still being told that the flippers will "change you choice".

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from cornycrunch:

As far as bugs: as of 1.17, I am still being told that the flippers will "change you choice

What do you mean by this?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What do you mean by this?

Screen_Shot_2015-11-23_at_9.57.25_AM.png

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well how's the rest of the code?

Sorry I never answered. I feel it's quite good. The game is a winner.

#36 3 years ago

My game is still having issues with not holding balls in the lock. It usually happens with harder shots to the lock where the ball bounces back more from hitting the up post. Has anyone else seen this on their game?

Do the Lord Of Light target inserts really mean anything? They don't seem to correspond to lighting the ball save.

I wish the purple in the RGB inserts actually looked more purple... but I assume purple is a hard color to display for LED...

Rob

#37 3 years ago

I had a loose screw on the side of the battering ram as well, but the bottom plate was in place. Sometimes battering ram isn't registering hits for me either.

Occasionally I have a ball released from the lock when it shouldn't be, or an extra ball launched into play. Haven't figured out the pattern, if any, yet.

#38 3 years ago

Is there a scoring anomaly with the super jackpot now? I was playing Blackwater multiball and my super jackpots were bringing in about 16 million per hit at 1x. If Blackwater multiball ends with the super jackpot lit, it still stays lit and can be scored one more time. So this happens and suddenly the super jackpot is well over 100 million points at 1x. How does it suddenly go from 16 million to over 100 million after the multiball ends? Same game and a few minutes later during mystery award I bought the 'light 3x super jackpot' and that scored about 362 million when I hit it. What determines the super jackpot value?

There has been a few times where super jackpot was still lit after multiball end and hitting it did not score anything and the light goes out.

Too bad the there's no callout to say "Get the super jackpot!"

Rob

#39 3 years ago

yeah i can't figure out the SJP scoring either - noticed it can be anywhere from 4M to 150M+ for a single Super... Bueller?

But if it's offered in the Mystery I always take it since it seems to be a full 125M+ shot then

#40 3 years ago

I'm still hoping for a hold bonus and hold spinner value to be purchased in the Iron Bank! That would be cool!

The spinner points don't show at all if another animation is playing so you have no idea what you get. The sound does change when it gets higher which I like.

I wonder if the game is more or less feature complete or if more will be added?

Rob

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm still hoping for a hold bonus and hold spinner value to be purchased in the Iron Bank! That would be cool!
The spinner points don't show at all if another animation is playing so you have no idea what you get. The sound does change when it gets higher which I like.
I wonder if the game is more or less feature complete or if more will be added?
Rob

I would assume more features will be added a la TWD. I'm sure stern has heard the resounding appreciation for how that game turned out and will follow suit on future titles. Time will tell though.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

My game is still having issues with not holding balls in the lock. It usually happens with harder shots to the lock where the ball bounces back more from hitting the up post. Has anyone else seen this on their game?
Do the Lord Of Light target inserts really mean anything?

I have the same problems with the lock, especially if I start a mission before the first lock. So I assume it is a software issue.

Lord of the Light normally returns the ball, sometimes it is confused mainly when locks are not locked at the sword: Display shows keep playing but no ball is added.

Good to hear that it is not only me who is confused about Blackwater MB and the SJP scores. By the way the 1x shown in the display is not linked to the multipliers, if you finish 'one round' of all jackpots plus the SPJ is timed aout the next round of JP are shown with 2x BW Jackpot. The displayed score includes then the playfiled multipliers. By the way the Blachwater mutliplier is not saved you also start at 1 independ of your prior multiballs.

Also no interlock switch for me and the ram does not always count when shot softer.

P.S.: Hope your flipper finger problem is solved!

#43 3 years ago

I found a minor bug with Lannister, or possibly other houses too. If your last shot is the right ramp it also gives you a sword, but the sword insert was not lit. I believe it is supposed to lite after the house is beat.

There's also a rare time when the volume ramps up for a few seconds, then goes back to normal.

Rob

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Duex:

Lord of the Light normally returns the ball, sometimes it is confused mainly when locks are not locked at the sword: Display shows keep playing but no ball is added.

I'm not sure I have seen this. Is it even possible to relight LOL a second time on one ball? I know I have completed the target bank 3 times after using LOL and it has not lit again. Perhaps on the current setting 2 of the inserts should be lit since I assume getting 3 inserts lit gives you LOL. On the plastic it says it also advances spinner value, but I'm not sure the game tells you what the new spinner value is now. Maybe I'll check the instant info if it's there.

It would be cool if there was an insert effect for when they 'freeze over'.

Rob

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm not sure I have seen this. Is it even possible to relight LOL a second time on one ball? I know I have completed the target bank 3 times after using LOL and it has not lit again. Perhaps on the current setting 2 of the inserts should be lit since I assume getting 3 inserts lit gives you LOL. On the plastic it says it also advances spinner value, but I'm not sure the game tells you what the new spinner value is now. Maybe I'll check the instant info if it's there.
It would be cool if there was an insert effect for when they 'freeze over'.
Rob

I believe when a shot freezes over, i.e. Ready for WIC hurry up, it turns a light blue or white color. Not certain, but I believe it does.

Also I think LOL is able to be relit same ball but only by mystery award, or a stupid number of drop target bank completions.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe when a shot freezes over, i.e. Ready for WIC hurry up, it turns a light blue or white color. Not certain, but I believe it does.
Also I think LOL is able to be relit same ball but only by mystery award, or a stupid number of drop target bank completions.

I wonder if SPIKE can control insert colours individually or not? I was thinking an insert 'freeze' could be a smooth color transition with a freezing sound for example.

The drop target inserts don't seem to correspond with lighting LOL do they...

Rob

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if SPIKE can control insert colours individually or not? I was thinking an insert 'freeze' could be a smooth color transition with a freezing sound for example.
The drop target inserts don't seem to correspond with lighting LOL do they...
Rob

Yeah I cannot figure out how the hell those insert lights in front of the drops correspond to lighting LOL. I'll pay more attention, but wouldn't be surprised if that isn't coded right yet.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I cannot figure out how the hell those insert lights in front of the drops correspond to lighting LOL. I'll pay more attention, but wouldn't be surprised if that isn't coded right yet.

Did you get your game yet?

Rob

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did you get your game yet?
Rob

Nope

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-note-from-gary-stern-re-production-delays#post-2842618

Guess I'll have to play on location a lot for another month. At least I can still play.

#50 3 years ago

Also found a serious bug in the current code today. I was playing as Baratheon, had only one more set of lanes needed to qualify Battle For the Wall. I shoot the Dragon which was lit for Mystery. I chose the mystery award of "Advance Battle For the Wall". This advance should qualify BATW, which it did. BUT, the ball was held in the mystery lane FOREVER. The multiball didn't start and ZERO ball searches were initiated. We let it sit like this for several minutes. The only solution was to power off the game. As soon as the game was powered off the ball was released from the mystery lane.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 11.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 11.95
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Pembroke Pines, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nampa, ID
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 593 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside