You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0630.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

It was just a few days ago when I said I would never buy another system 80 again. Well today I bought an Alien Star and Ill be picking it up tonight.

The game is in great cosmetic shape, but they said the game was moved and now it doesnt work. I figured since I already bought a repro mpu for my other game, I should be able to figure this one outa little easier.

Im not really too sure what the game is worth, but I couldnt pass it up at this price. Looks like a simple, but fun layout and the art is really neat. IMG_0629.jpgIMG_0629.jpg IMG_0630.jpgIMG_0630.jpg

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Very nice, I love Sys80's.
It would be awesome to trick that thing out with EL lights.

Im going to put LEDs in the backglass for sure and maybe inserts. The bg is pretty much perfect so I dont want it to get too hot.

#5 10 years ago

Wow, I just read that there were only 1065 of these made. I have a feeling the gameplay will be a little lackluster then. I still think the art is awesome!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

I Really like this machine, as well have seen it Full LED and I gota say it looked amazing. This machines theme looks better with LED's in my opinion.
I recently picked up my first System 80 "El Dorado: City Of Gold" 900 made and I was VERY happy with the "Retro" LED's from cointaker. They look like a real bulb but produce a bit more light while still being natural and able to look directly at the bulb like you can with incandescents. I am now learning how System 80 is a completely different beast compared to my modern machines. I have much to learn.
Question: Have you ever had all your lights, display and audio spazz out and go on an endless glitching loop? Mine started doing this last night

Im right there with you. I picked up a Mars god of war a few weeks ago and Im struggling with it. I got both machines cheap, so I figured I could take my time with them. Neither game is close to working so they are not even capable of that

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I spoke to the guy(Alan) yesterday and agreed to come pick it up this weekend at his requested price. Was at work at the time and told him I'd call him back today to arrange pickup this weekend. Called today no answer, I sent him a text and he said it's already sold ?!? But according to you it's not picked up yet. Did you snipe it out from under me by offering more than his listed price? If so, that's not a very classy move.

Haha wow. Actually I contact him maybe 5-10 mins after it was posted. I called and arranged to make a deposit and then pick it up later tonight. I payed full price for it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Im sorry he wasn't clearer, but I dont really appreciate the accusations right off the bat. Maybe PM me before you post things like that publicly?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

TN and MO are so far away, if you re out of state, this rule doesnt really apply.

If it was for sold, I would have left it alone. I check craigslist dozens of times a day, so I usually have first crack at ads.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Pindiddy:

Would it be bad karma to tell the price if you are not the buyer or seller? I was was watching this one so I know the price.

I don't really care. I just never post what I pay even if it was Above, below, or at market price. No harm no foul. I just wanted to clear my name.

Oh, and this was 3 miles from my work and I live about 5 miles away. It's hard to beat people in te same city. That's why I don't even try with stl anymore.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Lets just say it was a very good deal

Haha yes. Under $100 enough detail?

#46 10 years ago

Well it looks like the power supply is bad, so I'm borrowing GOV's to test it. It works! The mpu is mint! Not an hint of damage. Someone switched to rechargeable batteries awhile ago. Pops don't work of course, but that's minor and player one display is wonky once a game is started.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Did you replace the fuse on the pops yet?

Nope! I honestly forgot about that

#51 10 years ago

I guess if you post photos from your phone they are sideways?? Awesome. Oh, well Im still really happy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Madison, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdoz2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-another-system-80-alien-star?tu=jdoz2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.