(Topic ID: 221759)

GOT and GOTG, why are they treated as an unwanted child?

By bladerunner

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jgentry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180708_160744 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180317_162242 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180616_233058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Love both games. GOTG is a better version of STLE (specially with the upgraded sound) and GOT seems like a modern TZ to me.
I like either game better than most other new releases, not going to name those not to offend anyone.
So, I don't really understand why they get such a bad rep

I NEVER EVER heard of GOT as a bad game. (Bad art yes. A hardware flaw on Premium/ LE did hurt the machine also.)
I only now the situation here, but you can nearly find no used GOT Pros, because people seem to like and stick to them.

Way easier to get a used GOTG.

GOTG started with pretty unfinished code, so that's a bad rep that may still cling to it, altough code has long been overhauled.
Personally I think altough pretty, GOTG is kinda blend.
I mean: Yeah there's Groot and Rocket Racoon and stuff but why the heck do I shoot them?
There's a reason the big Toy in Star Trek is the Vengeance and in GoT it's a Dragon, because you 'shoot the enemy'.
And the Enemy shoots back!
But why does Rocket Racoon shoot at me and why does Groot swallow my Balls and throw them back up?
Does that relate to anything in the movie?
Blend slapping of a license onto that game.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I like the GoTG movies and characters. I have never watched the GoT series.

I forgot to mention that info in my post and modes is a good point.

Watched 5 Minutes of the animated GotG series on TV and saw Rocket Racoon in Marvel vs. Capcom for Xbox360.
Have not seen any moving pictures of GoT despite the Pinball DMD and didn't read the books.
So, absolutely no relation to these licenses, BUT...

...starting GoT, selecting a House and defeat all others to become the head honcho is an easy to understand goal and interresting way to open the game.
(Kind of like an adult Medival Madness.)

In GotG you... select some 'stuff'?

The voice acting is ok for me since I dunno the original voices in the first place.
But even in cases when I do, I mostly do not mind when they're 'sound-alikes' and not completely different.
(The guy that voices Johnny Mnemonic in the game does a good job in my opinion.)

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

This is the exact opposite I feel about these two games and if I had a dollar for every person I've heard talk about not understanding the GOT rules it would be like I had actually won some dollar games against my friends. Having never watched a second of GOT or read a sentence of the books it is all complete gibberish to me. My buddy @chuckwurt who loves it and has done multi-part streams on the rules has tried to explain it to me at least 10 times and I still don't get it. I almost never know what the best course of action is to take with regards to houses, gold, battles, etc. With GOTG it is all pretty damned straight-forward, you want to complete modes to get to Extra Ball, Cherry Bomb, Immolation and Xandar. A few plays of each mode and you'll know which you have the best chance of completing and which order to go after them as well as what the best use of Groot and Orb MBs are. Maybe that's the problem, it is too easy to understand?

I don't talk about the rules. I talk about the goal. The goal is to defeat everyone. That's easy to understand and there's Stuff to shoot at.

The goal in GotG... I have no clue.
And for somevreason I shoot the good guys.

After that the 'initial' rules are easy. Shoot blinky things and don't loose the ball to complete modes.

Rest comes later.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Rockland, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 210.00
$ 25.00
$ 22.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-and-gotg-why-are-they-treated-as-an-unwanted-child?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.