(Topic ID: 221759)

GOT and GOTG, why are they treated as an unwanted child?

By bladerunner

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 61 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jgentry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180708_160744 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180317_162242 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20180616_233058 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

(Man I feel like I am one step away from saying back in my day, and get off my lawn.... )

Get off my E.M.!!!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

GOT = terrible art, boring gameplay. Does shoot ok though. GOTG = looks cheap, rehashed layout and just doesn't have that 'one more game' thing at all!

Curious, what makes it look more cheap than any other recent Stern Pro or LE (depending on what you are comparing it to)?

3 months later
#114 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Have not seen any moving pictures of GoT despite the Pinball DMD and didn't read the books.
So, absolutely no relation to these licenses, BUT...
...starting GoT, selecting a House and defeat all others to become the head honcho is an easy to understand goal and interresting way to open the game.
(Kind of like an adult Medival Madness.)
In GotG you... select some 'stuff'?

This is the exact opposite I feel about these two games and if I had a dollar for every person I've heard talk about not understanding the GOT rules it would be like I had actually won some dollar games against my friends. Having never watched a second of GOT or read a sentence of the books it is all complete gibberish to me. My buddy @chuckwurt who loves it and has done multi-part streams on the rules has tried to explain it to me at least 10 times and I still don't get it. I almost never know what the best course of action is to take with regards to houses, gold, battles, etc. With GOTG it is all pretty damned straight-forward, you want to complete modes to get to Extra Ball, Cherry Bomb, Immolation and Xandar. A few plays of each mode and you'll know which you have the best chance of completing and which order to go after them as well as what the best use of Groot and Orb MBs are. Maybe that's the problem, it is too easy to understand?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I don't talk about the rules. I talk about the goal. The goal is to defeat everyone. That's easy to understand and there's Stuff to shoot at.
The goal in GotG... I have no clue.
And for somevreason I shoot the good guys.
After that the 'initial' rules are easy. Shoot blinky things and don't loose the ball to complete modes.
Rest comes later.

The goal is pretty simple, complete all the modes - that is certainly not new or novel in pinball so it's either a positive or a negative depending on how you look at it.

Why does Groot eat the balls and then give them back to you? It's easy, he's helping you out but holding onto spare balls until you need them to hit a lot of shots in order to complete the longer modes.

Why hit Rocket, so he gets pissed off and goes on a RAMPAGE that nets you 2x scoring while he's doing it.

Does that help? Probably not.

"We are Groot"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobukcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-and-gotg-why-are-they-treated-as-an-unwanted-child?tu=bobukcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.