Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dav8515
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2919.jpg
IMG_2920.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Was wondering what other people have done, not sure if i should put hooks in or if their is a better way to display

thanks

#2 7 years ago

Not sure if there is a best way.

Just wanted to congratulate you and wish you a Merry Christmas.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

I find a hole that's centered close and run a drywall screw into the wall.. level it with a pin in another hole.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from dav8515:

Was wondering what other people have done, not sure if i should put hooks in or if their is a better way to display
thanks

Mind if I ask u how u got one? I'd be interested in buying one. Thanks!

#5 7 years ago

Mind if I ask u how u got one? I'd be interested in buying one. Thanks!

I live 20 minutes away from Pinball Sales, jacks company and my mom went down and got one for me also got me hoverboard

thanks i appreciate the congrats
here are pics

IMG_2920.jpg IMG_2919.jpg

#6 7 years ago

Are you going to light up the inserts with flashing bulbs?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I find a hole that's centered close and run a drywall screw into the wall.. level it with a pin in another hole.

I was thinking something like that but was worried over time that it would damage the wood and start breaking from the weight on it

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Are you going to light up the inserts with flashing bulbs?

I might, i really have no clue what to do right now, ill take any ideas

#9 7 years ago

Those inserts are clear so a strand of colored led Christmas lights might look really cool behind the pf.

#10 7 years ago

Nice hoverboard

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Nice hoverboard

Thanks, just wished it really hovered lol

#12 7 years ago

I used drywall screws and washers to attach mine to the wall. It doesn't seem like it would damage the board over time since it is made of pretty strong wood. I would love to see how to build a display with lights if you decide to build one or if anyone has already.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from crashnt20:

I used drywall screws and washers to attach mine to the wall. It doesn't seem like it would damage the board over time since it is made of pretty strong wood. I would love to see how to build a display with lights if you decide to build one or if anyone has already.

I was thinking about building a display but after deciding that i need a woz, preording a hobbit and hoping a Star trek Le is coming out in 6 7 months, i think i might be tapped out after 22 k on pinball, but i might have to try

#14 7 years ago

I might have to do the lights, xmas lights u said, hmmm

#15 7 years ago

It's hard to explain but I would build a black wood box frame that it would sit into. The box frame is screwed into the wall. It would be about 1 1/2" to 2" thick. Any open holes or cut outs I would close up from the back like putting black paper or whatever else you think of. Then in the back put a string of led lights like a Christmas string behind to light up the inserts.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from beef19:

It's hard to explain but I would build a black wood box frame that it would sit into. The box frame is screwed into the wall. It would be about 1 1/2" to 2" thick. Any open holes or cut outs I would close up from the back like putting black paper or whatever else you think of. Then in the back put a string of led lights like a Christmas string behind to light up the inserts.

Like a custom backlit movie poster frame? I also wonder if those LED strips that they use for the LOTR translight would work as well. especially since it comes with a remote. I have a WOZ playfield too! Thanks Santa!

#17 7 years ago

Out of the wall you just screw in 2 rubber pegs at the bottom. Put the playfield on it and it rests against the wall.

#18 7 years ago

Is there a danger of someone knocking it off the wall when it is resting on the pegs. I have 2 kids an i can see it being knocked off.

#19 7 years ago

Yeah...we have no children....er, hang it high! The rubber pegs through those holes at the top should do it. I almost bought one while I was at the factory. They were $200.
I'd buy some of the plastic insert thingys and put lights behind there as a few people have mentioned.

#20 7 years ago

Pretty neat!

Too bad it doesn't can't come with a machine yet.

#21 7 years ago

Still don't understand. You mean you can just walk in to JJP and they'll sell you a playfield?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Still don't understand. You mean you can just walk in to JJP and they'll sell you a playfield?

Hello,

pretty much

#23 7 years ago

They were selling playfields at the Dec 14 open house event for $200.
The playfields have imperfections.

Call them if you are interested to see if they're still available. Looks like they can be picked up. You'd have to ask if shipping was available.

#24 7 years ago

I bought a playfield from them, $200 a few days after their open-house.

#25 7 years ago

mine was bough after the open house also

i was in the store last week and jen told me they had more available, shipping im not sure might cost as much as the play field

#26 7 years ago

Here's a fun idea for you (one I'm working on now). I've written a program to take a programmable Arduino board (~$25) and randomly sequence of a bunch of 5mm LEDs that will be run beneath the inserts and held with hot glue. The entire thing runs on 4 AA batteries so no wires and I figure even with ~50 lights at 20ma a piece (of course only a random handful are on at any time), you should get a fairly long battery life too! I plan to frame around the playfield with some nice hard grained wood (either a stained or black finish), place a battery box/switch accessible from underneath, and route in a grove for some glass on top. Then basically hang the whole thing on the wall as a lit "shadow box".

#27 7 years ago

Shipping for my playfield was $24.33 to Indy.

#28 7 years ago

$22.00 shipping for just north of Chicago

#29 7 years ago

$19 shipping to Ohio

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Here's a fun idea for you (one I'm working on now). I've written a program to take a programmable Arduino board (~$25) and randomly sequence of a bunch of 5mm LEDs that will be run beneath the inserts and held with hot glue. The entire thing runs on 4 AA batteries so no wires and I figure even with ~50 lights at 20ma a piece (of course only a random handful are on at any time), you should get a fairly long battery life too! I plan to frame around the playfield with some nice hard grained wood (either a stained or black finish), place a battery box/switch accessible from underneath, and route in a grove for some glass on top. Then basically hang the whole thing on the wall as a lit "shadow box".

This sounds awesome!

#31 7 years ago

i might try it but i have some movie light boxes hard wired, i might try and do the same with the playfield and have it hard wired so no wires exposed controlled by a switch

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside