• Latest reply 11 years ago by gprotein
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Big excitement.

#2 11 years ago

Go for what you want.

Don't settle for less. Don't chance a small profit - ie what if it ends up small loss ?

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

go for the ACDC Prem, it's just a few months away and that's what you want anyway. Forget TRON

my $0.02

#4 11 years ago

Sounds like you have all the options laid out. Good luck.

#5 11 years ago

If rock is your passion, then just remember you can't really have your own music going on in the same room as AC/DC Prem. It conflicts with jukeboxes, mixed tapes, and live music. On location the volume on this pin is turned all the way down while the jukebox plays in the bar. Meanwhile, Tron is turned up nice and loud in the same bar

I like both games, but I love my real jukebox too much to do music pinball machines. Sad paradox, really.

#6 11 years ago

Tron has been growing on me I like upper flipper on left.

#7 11 years ago

I can't get into AC/DC at all, I feel like its for people of a certain age. I love S.Ritchie (own a BK2K) & appreciate the layout & flow of the game, but the thing about licensed games like this is that they only appeal to a niche audience. AC/DC was a bit before my time, I didn't grow up listening to them, & even today I don't really like their music.
That ruins a lot of the art & sound package for me, which is kinda important to like in a game. They should let Ritchie work with original themes.

#8 11 years ago

I like AC/DC as a band-but I am afraid after 20 plays listening to music on pin- I would go bonkers and never want to hear another AC/DC song again. Everybody says playfeild is one of the best to play-so mabye just turn down music.

#9 11 years ago

@pinmister This is also my concern. I like the band, but very nervous that the repetition of the songs will wear on me after a while. It's a tough choice and one that I'm also currently trying to make (Tron v. ACDC).

#10 11 years ago

If u can get a TRON for that price I'd get it. Great fun

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

@pinmister This is also my concern. I like the band, but very nervous that the repetition of the songs will wear on me after a while. It's a tough choice and one that I'm also currently trying to make (Tron v. ACDC).

Let me debunk this worry.

EVERY PINBALL MACHINE has a limited soundtrack. You will always hear the same songs from that game. So - how is AC/DC any different in that respect? You either like a game's soundtrack or you don't. In the case of AC/DC, there's probably more music in the game than any other game. 12 complete songs...so - in a sense, AC/DC might be LESS repetitive than every pinball machine out there - which tend to have songs that loop at 30 seconds or so.

I love Daft Punk & AC/DC so I would never get sick of listening to either AC/DC or Tron.

#12 11 years ago

I'd give my left nut to get a price like that in Canada. Up in the great white north we get raped on everything including pinball prices.

#13 11 years ago

Really .... TRON at that price? Pull the trigger - you can't go wrong!!!

#14 11 years ago

Whichever decision you make, it's not like you can go terribly wrong. The worst case scenario is that you don't like whichever you get. If you don't like it, sell it, then buy the other one (or any other game for that matter) Chances are fairly good you won't take a significant loss.

Or if it really worries you, find some places to play. Then play the hell out of them and choose.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I don't know what to do here. I didn't have Tron on my radar because I had forgotten about the new run. I posted here yesterday that i was looking for POTC, Avatar LE, TRS LE or AC/DC Premium. I'm more of a rock guy than a sci fi guy, but I do enjoy Tron. It is just not my passion. What do I do? Buy it because the price is irresistable and just enjoy it? Buy it and try to sell for a small profit and put it toward the AC/DC Premium? Forget about it and just get the AC/DC Premium? Or "trade" information with someone who really wants Tron for $600-$700 less than the heavy hitter distributors around here for information to get the very best price on an AC/DC Premium? By the way, the best I can do on my own for the AC/DC Premium is $6175 personally shipped to my door or $5995 + traditional shipping. Thanks a lot, guys.

thats one heck of a quote

#16 11 years ago

$4100 for a NIB Tron? GO FOR IT!!!!!

#17 11 years ago

The ACDC comments about song repetition are not accurate in my opinion.
There's likely far more music in this pin than most any other if you think about it.
You also get to pick your song when each game starts so it's not the same starting soundtrack as most other pins start with.
If you already own the pin and feel that the music wears on you, please say so. Otherwise, you need to own this pin!

#18 11 years ago

^Exactly, I'm soooo sick of hearing the same TZ music everytime I play the pin

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let me debunk this worry.
EVERY PINBALL MACHINE has a limited soundtrack. You will always hear the same songs from that game. So - how is AC/DC any different in that respect? You either like a game's soundtrack or you don't. In the case of AC/DC, there's probably more music in the game than any other game. 12 complete songs...so - in a sense, AC/DC might be LESS repetitive than every pinball machine out there - which tend to have songs that loop at 30 seconds or so.
I love Daft Punk & AC/DC so I would never get sick of listening to either AC/DC or Tron.

This. Any game is the same sounds over and over.

#20 11 years ago

This is completly false. Sometimes I listen to the pins music, but most of the time my own. AC/DC is not an exception, it plays fine with the volume down.

Actually, it's lack of sound effects makes it play better at no volume than a lot of other games IMO.

Quoted from NashBridgezz:

If rock is your passion, then just remember you can't really have your own music going on in the same room as AC/DC Prem

#21 11 years ago

I hate to be a negative nancy here, but I couldn't disagree more. I own a LOTR and I've never seen the movie. I own a Twister and I've never seen the movie.

Some of the best games out there are based on horrible movies, The Shadow comes to mind.

AC/DC, and all other games like it appeal to very broad audiences. I promise that there are more than just AC/DC fans buying and playing the game.

Quoted from robx46:

but the thing about licensed games like this is that they only appeal to a niche audience.

I love LOTR, and I have a lot less plays on it than I do my AC/DC. I'm already sick of the music that the game plays every time you start a game. At least with AC/DC, each mode is a song, and there are so many ways to score and go about progressing that you never have to repeat the same tired music like every other pinball game I own.

Quoted from pinmister:

I like AC/DC as a band-but I am afraid after 20 plays listening to music on pin- I would go bonkers and never want to hear another AC/DC song again. Everybody says playfeild is one of the best to play-so mabye just turn down music.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

You Poor Thang , I miss mine ...

Quoted from usandthem:

I'm more of a rock guy than a sci fi guy, but I do enjoy Tron. It is just not my passion. What do I do?

Buy the Tron , Play it , mod it -- Ton's of fun there - Trade it w/$$ for a AC/DC Prem--
In 2012 , AC/DC Prem was my 1st NIB , Kick Azz pin but i sold it after 135 games played
My 2nd NIB was Tron Pro, another Great pin .. I sold it - Have Fun w/ it while you can.. Play'm All

#23 11 years ago

Those prices are crazy. At those prices, you have to get AC/DC AND Tron. You will play them for 6 months and be able to sell them for a profit. Please refer me to the one you don't purchase!

#24 11 years ago

get the machine you really want....keep you from 2nd guessing in the long run.

#25 11 years ago

That's a great price on the TRon. I'd love to know where you got the quote. PM me if you can.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

That's a great price on the TRon. I'd love to know where you got the quote. PM me if you can.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

I asked yesterday. Still no answer.

Dan

#27 11 years ago

I am starting to think 'shenanigans' here.

New user + unknown location + questionable post + no communication = bullshit (troll)

EDIT: Or maybe not, we'll see.

#28 11 years ago

Hey Guys- It's not a "shenanigan". It looks like I'm going with Tron. Once things are finalized, I'll feel more comfortable with sharing the details on the distributor. I don't want any of you sharks gobbling up my deal and leaving me in the dust-- haha.

#29 11 years ago

It's not the coolest thing in the world to publicly advertise a great deal, and then play 'I have a secret.' Getting an opinion on a game is one thing, but this is something else.

#30 11 years ago

Sorry-- I'm not trying to be "uncool". Honestly. I was really hoping that someone would be willing to share an AC/DC Premium deal as good as this Tron deal seems to be and we could each be happy as a result. I am totally not a jerk. I know that I don't have much of a reputation here, so I don't expect you to believe me. In fact, I still think that it may be too good to be true, which is why I'm still working on the deal. I'll let you know how it all shakes out.

#31 11 years ago

No worries. Good luck with the deal and pay it forward if it pans out!

#32 11 years ago

Don't worry about what these guys say. Every single one of them would keep the info secret until they locked up their machine. It's simple:

a)Get your game.
b)Share the info, if possible.

It's not worth either losing out on a deal, or jeopardizing a solid source for NIB games just to satisfy some random guy on the internet who says you're not playing fairly.

Good luck with your deals!

-M

#33 11 years ago

Just trying to be helpful. Best of luck with the deal.

Sincerely,
Random Guy on the Internet

#34 11 years ago

<<Kick Azz pin but i sold it after 135 games played. My 2nd NIB was Tron Pro, another Great pin .. I sold it>>

Looks like BR is serious about his goal of, 'I gotta play 'em all!'. He'd have to be in order to sell two of Stern's best titles so quickly. A much better idea would be to go to the pinball museum for that and keep the best titles at home. Especially after taking so much time and money to mod them out like he does. Go figure.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

<<Kick Azz pin but i sold it after 135 games played. My 2nd NIB was Tron Pro, another Great pin .. I sold it>>
Looks like BR is serious about his goal of, 'I gotta play 'em all!'. He'd have to be in order to sell two of Stern's best titles so quickly. A much better idea would be to go to the pinball museum for that and keep the best titles at home. Especially after taking so much time and money to mod them out like he does. Go figure.

BR enjoys working on his games, and after he's done modding them, he sold them for profits. Why not? All the power to him.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

BR enjoys working on his games, and after he's done modding them, he sold them for profits. Why not? All the power to him.

Exactly. Some of us have every game we ever bought, others rotate 'em. Some have dozens of pins, some one. It's all cool.

#37 11 years ago

There aren't that many Stern distributors in the US. It can't be THAT hard to find the "deal."

#38 11 years ago

<<...after he's done modding them, he sold them for profits.>>

Profits after buying NIB? That'd be like buying a new car, driving it around the block and then post it on Craigslist for sale 2 weeks later after adding new wheels. He's a cool guy, but that's one high pinball attrition rate, haha.

But back to OP topic. I agree that it can't be that HARD to find deals on Sterns in USA. Competition in the private sector works

#39 11 years ago

$4099 is a great price for a NIB Tron. The question is... how much is that "plus shipping" part?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Its the reason I kept it as I like Golden Earring, it could have been Radar Love

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

$4099 is a great price for a NIB Tron. The question is... how much is that "plus shipping" part?

Exactly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Trade
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-quote-today-for-a-nib-tron-for-4099-shipping-want-acdc-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.