(Topic ID: 65016)

Got a NOS Pinbot Ramp for my game! But I need advice.

By travisbmartin

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gjbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20131001_184450_zps526626a0.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I lucked out on getting a NOS Pinbot ramp last week. But I'm resisting all temptation to install it just yet.

Does anyone make replacement ramps? I saw one site listed them, but they are out of stock apparently. I would even be willing to let a reputable company borrow mine to make new ones, if it was legally permissible, that is.

Is there a way to protect the ramp from damage? I know the very top is susceptible to cracking, and I would kick myself if I put the new one in and wrecked it.

Looking for advice/opinions. 20131001_184450_zps526626a0.jpg20131001_184450_zps526626a0.jpg

#2 10 years ago

I would put it my game. I don't think any one will remake them the cost to make mold would be to much. If it was vacuum form it would be easy but its injection molding. but if someone wanted to take it on they might as well make the taxi spin out ramp while they are at it.

#3 10 years ago

Even though the vortex ramp is cracked on many PinBots, it's because it was hit with the ball thousands upon thousands of times on location. Even with a lot of home use, I can't see it breaking without a tremendous amount of play. If you're still worried, consider finding a lighter tension spring for the shooter that is just strong enough to get the ball to the top without extreme force.

-BB

#4 10 years ago

If your game needs it, install it. Short of dropping a bowling ball on the playfield with the glass off, it's not going to break.

#5 10 years ago

If it is made of the same plastic as a NOS HS ramp! it will break with repeated ball hits, and it doesn't take many with the NOS HS ramps.

#6 10 years ago

It will break because the plastic is 30 years old now.

#7 10 years ago

Is there a mod I can do to protect it, aside from a different spring?

#8 10 years ago

Somebody did a reproduction a few years ago

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It will break because the plastic is 30 years old now.

good ol' vid. ever the optimist however, he's right to a point.

the nice part is that the glue on the decals appears to be holding up pretty well for the age of the part, so I would think that you will experience issues with the decals before your plastics start showing wear

#10 10 years ago

I have my original unbroken ramp still in my game. I have had people slam it hundreds of times. Just suck it up and install it, other wise you are just going to stick it in a bin and forget about it. If you do not install it, sell it to someone that needs it that will.
--Scott

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Is there a mod I can do to protect it, aside from a different spring?

I don't think there is anything you can do. Just play it! The only two mods you can do is the "leave it in the sealed bag" mod or the "install it and leave the machine unplugged" mod.

My pinbot has the original unbroken ramp. They don't all break, and they don't do it automatically so it's not a matter of when it will break if you install it. Especially in a home use game. You should use it and enjoy it!

#12 10 years ago

I got one from Planetary a few months ago, but it looks out of stock now: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B-11152

#13 10 years ago

Looks like I'm installing it....after i fix the board.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

Looks like I'm installing it....after i fix the board.

That's what I'm talkin' about!

#15 10 years ago

I know people have put a lighter shooter spring in and have had good results.

Mine was broken and I ended up drilling a hole at the end where the original was and put in a metal post in, then reformed it with JB weld, painted it and put new decals on. . . did that about a 1 1/2 years ago and it's fine. Point is if you put yours breaks, the fix is fairly easy and looks good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-nos-pinbot-ramp-for-my-game-but-i-need-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.