Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by j_m_
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I got a new DMD from MAD amusements and tried it out on my Twilight Zone. Its totally dead, does nothing. I replaced the DMD driver board and still dead BUT the original one works fine with it now.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen or know of anything I can check out on this DMD?

Thanks everyone!

#2 11 years ago

Send it Back to them.

#3 11 years ago

Just exchange it. I have seen a couple be DOA before.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

Just exchange it. I have seen a couple be DOA before.

Quoted from Brtlkat:

Send it Back to them.

Thanks guys I have already emailed them but havent heard back. I wanted to check on here to see if this was unheard of or not!

1 month later
#5 11 years ago

I had an issue with a DMD from them that had dead pixels. I sent it back immediately and have not heard any communications from them, been over 2 weeks. Does anyone have a contact email other than their basic yahoo address?

#6 11 years ago

not to harp on mad amusements (I've ordered from them plenty of times before without any issues), after my last experience with trying to purchase a dmd from a ebay seller (because I specifically wanted a babcock), I've decided that anything that's high dollar needs a direct way to contact them if they expect to get my money

my first ebay dmd arrived outgassing already, so I had to return it. the replacement (which was a vishay and not a babcock, arrived broken in half! thanks ups. after getting a full refund, I decided to go with bay area seeing as they have a phone no and you can talk to a real live person to correct any issues

to be honest, I'm surprised that these companies are not taking more care how they ship "fragile" and sensitive items like dmd's (even bay area only shipped it in a usps provided priority mail shirt sized box with the display all the up against one wall of the box). fortunately, it arrived a-ok

#7 11 years ago

I had to contact MAD and they totally took care of me, set up an RMA with Vishay and paid the return shipping. Then the next time I ordered from them they just sent the replacement with that order and it works fine.

#8 11 years ago

glad to hear that you got it resolved

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-new-vishay-dmd-from-mad-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.