• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-89.jpg
image-972.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LynxOne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well, as you guys predicted, I bought my 2nd machine yesterday. I can definitely see my addiction growing. I found a Pinbot that seems in very good shape although it has a few electronic problems. Playfield is really nice and the only wear I notice is at the eye socket kickbacks. The cabinet is pretty nice with a few scuffs and scratches but overall quite good for its age. Back box is nice too and the back glass seems almost blemish free. There's Mylar covering almost the entire playfield (is that common?) but the Mylar is in good shape too.

Electrically, there's some issues. There's a problem with the credit button not registering which seemed to fix itself when I began tracing it back so maybe an open wire somewhere? It started working and I was able to play a few games until it started acting funny on startup. Goes into attract mode fine and tries to start a game but doesn't kick out a ball and lights on left target bank just keep blinking. I'm going to go through the switch test to see if something is stuck on. Wish me luck!

#3 10 years ago

Thanks Policano. I've got it figured out. Visor targets were being blocked from rising by the left post which is not mounted well. Going to fix where it mounts to the playfield and I should be good to go. Need to get some games in to see if there are any other problems but looks good so far.

Here's a few pics:
image-972.jpgimage-972.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image-89.jpgimage-89.jpg

#4 10 years ago

So, it looks like I'm missing a plastic piece under the visor that prevents the ball from hopping up inside the visor area. Any idea where one can be ordered? I checked a couple sites but could not seem to find that piece listed.

#6 10 years ago

Yeah working on them is half the fun. Omg don't tell my wife 4 by Xmas! She's really liking the difference in play style between the wide body Laserball and the fast and unforgiving Pinbot.

#8 10 years ago

Thanks Zippy!

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

yeah good luck finding that plastic. Unfortunately there are a lot of plastics that break frequently and they haven't been reproduced in a while.
It looks like someone did a plastic substitution on the plastic to the right of the ramp, as well.
I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I was thinking of buying the plastics protector set and using those under broken plastics to keep from getting ball hangups.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=248

Yeah not even sure what its out of but it sure causes hang ups. That protector set looks like a good idea.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Pinbot circuits activated...........
Great game, you'll love it.

I'm loving it already! Getting in some nice games while I make my list of broken/missing pieces and other things. Now, if I can just keep my wife from destroying my high score......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LynxOne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-new-to-me-pin?tu=LynxOne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.