(Topic ID: 8369)

Got a new pin this weekend

By ronsplooter

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I've been lurking on Pinside for a little while now and thought it's about time I should post something to the forum. I picked up a Judge Dredd this weekend and have been looking at the Deadworld mod on Pinbits.

I was wondering what people's opinion of this mod are and whether there's anything I should be aware of before fitting it? Some guys on the UK group said that it can spoil the flow?

I've also been looking at putting some leds in the back corner to brighten it up and had heard that red leds could possibly affect the opto's round there, where as blue leds are ok. Has anyone whose done this on their JD had problems?

Thanks

#2 12 years ago

Welcome to Pinside Ron,JD is a great game and the Deadworld mod really
    looks like it would be a great add on to the game.From what i have seen and
    heard about it is the crane sometimes starts to act up.I have not heard anything
    about the LEDS messing with the optos.

#3 12 years ago

JD is a Killer Pin. Mine had the Dead world & rom added.. The mod add's a Lil-Xtra flavor to the Pin.. Go 4 it !!

#4 12 years ago

Welcome,Good to have you.

#5 12 years ago

I hope to have that game some day. Deffinetly a fun one. Haven't checked out any mods for it. What is this mod?

#6 12 years ago

Great game, get ready for the biggest pain in the ass machine maintenance wise though. I spent most of today AGAIN dinking around with ring issues on mine.

Really fast (no pops), great looks, really good for the "established" value.

#7 12 years ago

Congrats on your first pin and welcome to Pinside! From what I've heard JD is a great pin.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I hope to have that game some day. Deffinetly a fun one. Haven't checked out any mods for it. What is this mod?

here's more info in this thread about the mod http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-deadworld-lock-mod-is-it-a-must-have

#9 12 years ago

Welcome, nice score. Played a JD at an expo, thought it was an underrated pin.

#10 12 years ago

Thanks all for the welcome and opinions

I think I'm going to go ahead and get the mod, I should be able to get my hands on a red one from someone in the uk. Just need to decide what colour LED's to go for to light it, either red or blue. I quite like the idea of blue with the red deadworld ring to match up with the red/blue pursuit lights.

I've only had JD for a couple of days now but am absolutely loving it. I traded my WCS for it (straight swap) and I'm really happy with the deal....compliments my WW nicely as well

#11 12 years ago

Congrats on the new pin!

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Whridlsoncestood said:I hope to have that game some day. Deffinetly a fun one. Haven't checked out any mods for it. What is this mod?
    here's more info in this thread about the mod http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-deadworld-lock-mod-is-it-a-must-have

Thanks Mike

#13 12 years ago

Many pinheads would love to have this title. Excellent for you! Welcome

#14 12 years ago

great catch! i want one super bad, i love me a good wide body. plus it would look amazing next to my DM. take good care of her!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-new-pin-this-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.