Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by Puhi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

00Z0Z_6q14ns6bD91_1200x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_1005 (resized).jpg
IMG_1003 (resized).jpg
00Q0Q_1N5GnDY2g5z_1200x900 (resized).jpg
IMG_1007 (resized).jpg
IMG_1001 (resized).jpg

#1 15 days ago

as above, they are willing to take 4500. looks to be in good shape and fully functional. minimal scratches on the cabinet and
playfield is clean. Seem like a good deal?

what did these things cost new back in the day

#2 15 days ago

That’s good for Canadian dollars in my area. But condition would be important. The couch and upper playfield would have to look nice.

#3 15 days ago

Sounds like a fair price.

#4 15 days ago

$4500 is a good price, seems like a huo completely original TSPP is $4500-5000. Does it have any additional mods? Such as LEDs, colordmd etc? The original price was around 3000-3500, but unfortunately prices on pinball have increased exponentially since the early 2000s when this was released.

#5 15 days ago

got some more pics looks like there is some damage on sides, yikes, also looks like someone took a marker to the side of it, should i try to get it down a little more maybe 4300?

00Q0Q_1N5GnDY2g5z_1200x900 (resized).jpg00Z0Z_6q14ns6bD91_1200x900 (resized).jpgIMG_1001 (resized).jpgIMG_1003 (resized).jpgIMG_1005 (resized).jpgIMG_1007 (resized).jpg
#6 15 days ago

I would say $3800 now.

#7 15 days ago
Quoted from crank:

I would say $3800 now.

$3800-4000 would be the maximum I’d go

#8 15 days ago

Cab looks rough. I would pass. Pay $4500ish for a nice one from some collector on Pinside.

Game is pretty common. You seem like you want the game and are willing to pay a fair price for it. Do a WTB ad. I bet you will be rewarded with a nicer Simpson’s if you are a little more patient and spend more time in the hunt. Might make a few friends along the way also.
GLWTH!

#9 15 days ago

Still a good deal for my local market.

#10 15 days ago

Make sure you get close ups of the ramp entrances as well as the one behind the garage door. They are prone to cracking. Also check itchy and scratchy scoop wear.

#11 15 days ago

I would never pay 4500 for that. No way in hell. At 3500, you are probably ok as long as you can stand a game with 20K+ plays on it.

Honestly, I've seen so many damn HUO TSPP's over the years that I would NEVER buy one that looks like this.

Quoted from Boat:

Also check itchy and scratchy scoop wear.

Yes, that wear + shooter lane is the single best way to determine how many plays the game has on it.

#12 15 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

$4500 is a good price, seems like a huo completely original TSPP is $4500-5000. Does it have any additional mods? Such as LEDs, colordmd etc? The original price was around 3000-3500, but unfortunately prices on pinball have increased exponentially since the early 2000s when this was released.

HUO TSPPs are more like 5K-6K now.
$4,500 ones aren't popping up much anymore.

#13 15 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I would never pay 4500 for that. No way in hell. At 3500, you are probably ok as long as you can stand a game with 20K+ plays on it.
Honestly, I've seen so many damn HUO TSPP's over the years that I would NEVER buy one that looks like this.

Yes, that wear + shooter lane is the single best way to determine how many plays the game has on it.

These dont pop up here in that condition for anywhere near 3500...I dont think its a bad deal at 3900

#14 15 days ago

Those pics are not great, but it looks like a fairly low play game just looking at the inlane drops. The flipper button protectors were not standard, ask to see what's underneath, it's just a couple of screws to get them off. I'd like to see the shooter lane, front of the cabinet, itchy and scratchy hole. Ask when the batteries were last changed.

It needs a good cleaning, you can see the ball trail mark coming out of the shooter lane, very common on this game. Probably needs new rubber and a shop job, which is very easy on this game.

Nice tspp games are going for $5-6k. This one is likely worth $4500$-5k. No way $3500.

#15 15 days ago

Since when does a routed game with 20K plays on it only make it worth $600 less than a HUO one?

Quoted from T7:

HUO TSPPs are more like 5K-6K now.

No way. Not without 500 in add ons.

Quoted from Lermods:

Nice tspp games are going for $5-6k. This one is likely worth $4500$-5k. No way $3500.

$5K possibly. I could elaborate deeper as to why but I have better things to do. I'll start with saying that every single one I have seen sell in the last year has a color DMD which is immediately inflating the price by $500.

The next 4 or 5 that I see for sale I will link to them in the thread when they actually sell. Also, a lot of the ones that are listed as HUO have obvious sings that it is not in fact HUO. Hand wear covered with those hideous metal cabinet covers and tons of shooter lane wear.

#16 14 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

These don't pop up here in that condition for anywhere near 3500

The condition above? Are you saying it's worth more than 4K? If so, ur nuts.

#17 14 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Since when does a routed game with 20K plays on it only make it worth $600 less than a HUO one?

No way. Not without 500 in add ons.

$5K possibly. I could elaborate deeper as to why but I have better things to do. I'll start buy saying that every single one I have seen sell in the last year has a color DMD which is immediately inflating the price by $500.
The next 4 or 5 that I see for sale I will link to them in the thread when they actually sell. Also, a lot of the ones that are listed as HUO have obvious sings that it is not in fact HUO. Hand wear covered with those hideous metal cabinet covers and tons of shooter lane wear.

What is it about this game that leads you to believe it has such a large amount of plays?

#18 14 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What is it about this game that leads you to believe it has such a large amount of plays?

Because I've owned one HUO with 2500 plays and one routed with 20K plays and they both looked better than this one. I also regularly play 3 other that are HUO at friends/leagues that are under 10K in plays.

I looked over the pics again and the key ones are just not there to say for certain. Garage door, shooter lane, I&S hole, close up of the wood behind the drops, ect. BUT the amount of wear on the WHITE standups really stand out in the pics that are here and to me, they politely hint that it has a lot of plays.

I would like to see a lifetime audit-->$paid credit's report. It's not something that can easily be reset. That info is not stored in the settings/roms and it's not cleared with a factory reset.

#19 14 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'll start buy saying that every single one I have seen sell in the last year has a color DMD which is immediately inflating the price by $500.

Color DMD costs $400 for a brand new one, AND the original DMD is worth at least $100 if in good condition.
Additionally, you are getting a used Color DMD with an unknown # of hours used.

That's a $300 upgrade at most - unless the buyer is very poor at math

#20 14 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Because I've owned one HUO with 2500 plays and one routed with 20K plays and they both looked better than this one. I also regularly play 3 other that are HUO at friends/leagues that are under 10K in plays.
I looked over the pics again and the key ones are just not there to say for certain. Garage door, shooter lane, I&S hole, close up of the inland drops, ect. BUT the amount of wear on the WHITE standups really stand out in the pics that are here and to me, they politely hint that it has a lot of plays.
I would like to see a lifetime audit-->$paid credit's report. It's not something that can easily be reset. That info is not stored in the settings/roms and it's not reset with a factory reset.

Guess we just disagree. The inlane drops are a better indicator than a dirty drop target. That said, it's hard to argue strongly without better pics

#21 14 days ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Cab looks rough. I would pass. Pay $4500ish for a nice one from some collector on Pinside.

I would agree with this. There are not hard to find in nice shape.

#22 14 days ago

What about one fresh off route for $3500 ? I've not seen it.

John

#23 14 days ago

Nice HUO's one with ColorDMD is more like 6500-7000 these days

#24 14 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

You think so? Then I've scored big time.

(but local prices do not support your argument)

#25 14 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

And then there is crack. You want to buy one for 7K, I can hook you up!

#26 14 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The inlane drops are a better indicator than a dirty drop target.

Standups, not drops... Look worn to me, not just dirty. Show us a closeup of the closed garage door. Are you saying the 3 I&S drops? You can cheaply replace those. Can't hide the back of the hole though unless there is a Cliffy...

WTF are people asking about routed for 3500? I don't understand. Question was to price this game. Stay focused grasshoppers.

#27 14 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

The condition above? Are you saying it's worth more than 4K? If so, ur nuts.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

These dont pop up here in that condition for anywhere near 3500...I dont think its a bad deal at 3900

If you would have quoted my whole post the answer is right there, I said I thought 3900 is an ok price

#28 14 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I said I thought 3900 is an ok price

I don't disagree but I would not buy it.

#29 14 days ago

I had a huo in excellent shape for sale and it was hard to get 5k. I ended up trading it due to lack of offers. I had a few offers of 4200. And this was last summer.

#30 14 days ago

this guy refused anything less than 4, he said he had an pinball expert tell him it was worth four. looks like he was able to wipe off the grafitti but there is still a dime size chunk of wood missing. i passed.

#31 14 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Standups, not drops... Look worn to me, not just dirty. Show us a closeup of the closed garage door. Are you saying the 3 I&S drops? You can cheaply replace those. Can't hide the back of the hole though unless there is a Cliffy...
WTF are people asking about routed for 3500? I don't understand. Question was to price this game. Stay focused grasshoppers.

I assume you were referring to the kwikemart target, I meant standup not drop target. The inlane drops both look very good, not chewed up at all, which you would expect if there was heavy use.

#32 14 days ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

this guy refused anything less than 4, he said he had an pinball expert tell him it was worth four. looks like he was able to wipe off the grafitti but there is still a dime size chunk of wood missing. i passed.

Good move.... They made a ton of these. This one was rough for the price. Be patient, there are plenty around.

#33 14 days ago

I bought a beautiful HUO one for 4500. There's plenty out there I say wait.

#34 14 days ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

It’s worth $4k easy. I wouldn’t have passed without seeing more pics. a nice huo game has been going for north of $5k. Check the pinside market. All I saw was some dirty targets and a few ball trails. I don’t like those flipper button covers, but for $4k, I’d be ok with it if I wanted a tspp.

#35 14 days ago

Tip - if you want info on a price of a game a very reliable source is folks who actually paid the amount of the price they are quoting. Within the past year is good. I doubt the $5500-$7000 folks actually paid that amount. Just a guess.

#36 14 days ago

I paid exactly 4k for my tspp in similar condition about a year ago, so seems fair to me. By the time I shopped mine, added leds, lollipop side rails and new glass, I was around 4300. I think it may take a while to find a huo one for 4500.

#37 14 days ago

I'd be reluctant to sell my collector quality TSPP for less than $6000. Greatest game of all time.

#38 14 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

This sounds right. But I’m paying Canadian dollars in a crazy local market

#39 14 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Where were you when I sold my HUO with colordmd and lots of mods for $6,000?

#40 13 days ago

Here's a HUO one for what I would expect for a really nice example. I didn't think these were 6-7K either, and I'm in an expensive region: haven't seen them go for that here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-the-simpsons-pinball-party-102

#41 13 days ago

I don't think that one in the ad above has a color DMD either. Looks about right to me. It's a fair asking price. Don't try to let other owners of a game try to justify what they paid by spouting off about how much a game is worth.

Quoted from Don44:

I think it may take a while to find a huo one for 4500.

Just offer the guy above 4500 and see what happens. Doesn't cost anything to make an offer. If you consider 1 day "a while", then what's fast?

Everything has it's time frame and if you are willing to pay whatever it takes to buy a HUO TSPP, you will find one VERY quickly and could regret it once you see you could have had a HUO one for just $700 more.

#42 13 days ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Don't try to let other owners of a game try to justify what they paid by spouting off about how much a game is worth

Yeah, don't do that.... I am into mine for $2200. It's worth at least $3500....

The best advice I can give is to do what you have already done... Post up some pics, ask the group for some opinions..... Weed out the super high prices and the super low prices, and that should give you a working range of what the game is worth.

#43 13 days ago

Very interesting thread! I am new to the hobby and in the process of learning as much as I can about TSPP. I am strongly considering a purchase of one in the near future as my first pin.

I was recently tantalized by an eBay listing for TSPP -- a shade under $6K, reportedly stock and HUO, but with 25K plays and a decent amount of wear (no extra photos could be furnished). It was a bit out of my budget, alas. Now as I am learning more about TSPP and the hobby in general, maybe missing out on that listing wasn't such a bad thing. Seems like $6K can net one well-preserved, relatively low play HUO TSPP with some mods in the Pinside marketplace.

#44 13 days ago
Quoted from TomyAtomic:

Very interesting thread! I am new to the hobby and in the process of learning as much as I can about TSPP. I am strongly considering a purchase of one in the near future as my first pin.
I was recently tantalized by an eBay listing for TSSP -- a shade under $6K, reportedly stock and HUO, but with 25K plays and a decent amount of wear (no extra photos could be furnished). It was a bit out of my budget, alas. Now as I am learning more about TSPP and the hobby in general, maybe missing out on that listing wasn't such a bad thing. Seems like $6K can net one well-preserved, relatively low play HUO TSPP with some mods in the Pinside marketplace.

Welcome! Buy from a semi local Pinsider as your first pin. Craigslist and eBay can be like the Wild West.

Check out the owner map and see what TSPP are local to you. You can even send a friendly message and ask to let you know if they ever want tot sell. Also Look at the archive listings in the market place of TSPP to get an idea on values of games. A lot of TSPP are decided to keep though. I think a nice stock HUO is around $5kish. Good bang for your buck pin.

Color dmd is the best mod out there. Looks really great on Simpson’s. New will run you $400. Other mods are personal preference and don’t really hold there value well. Think about that when you are buying and when you own a pin and fill up your cart with hundreds of dollars of mods, like an LED Donut, ready to buy. You won’t get $80 back on the Dunut. Sorry. Simpson’s is pretty loaded already.

Good luck

#45 13 days ago

Thanks! That's terrific advice! I was leaning towards a semi-local Pinsider as well, so it's great to hear the confirmation from someone far more experienced.

#46 13 days ago

I just sold my HUO Mint TSPP with topper, color dmd, back box light panel and tons of mods for $6100

#47 11 days ago

Just for the thread information. A little over a year ago (Dec. 2017) I sold my routed TSPP for $4,200. It was in good condition, but had typical wear for a routed pin (flipper buttons, shooter lane, I&S). I had cliffys on all ramps, shooter lane, and I&S. No flipper button guards as I didn't want to drill into the cabinet and didn't want to spend the money on lollipop rails. Full color matching LEDs. It took a little time to sell, but as always seems to happen once the sale was pending I had interest from 2 other people. The achieved ad is below for a better description.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/56430

#48 11 days ago
Quoted from Russell:

I'd be reluctant to sell my collector quality TSPP for less than $6000. Greatest game of all time.

I thought you were selling it for $5700?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 12.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 78.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 75.00
$ 82.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 15.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
PinBoss Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,695 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blacklick, OH
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside