Got a kick out of this CL ad!!!

By Pinball_Nate

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I saw this machine listed (it's been taken down since!) and noticed the lock bar holes on the photo, didn't drive me to post a rebuttal like this!:

"Just to let everyone know. The guy with the No Good Goffers ad is lying to get you to buy his game! He will tell you the game has never been on a rout. Home use only! What game that has ben home use only has had a lock-bar installed across the coin door? You haven'thave you? Well this guys wife must have been breaking into his game to steal his change for drinking money then if it wasn't in a bar or somewhere! Lol."

#2 10 years ago

Everybody wants to say HUO on everything, but how many people were buying NIB for their house back in the 90s and earlier?

#3 10 years ago

Pretty sure NGG came with the holes pre drilled from the factory. Just sayin'

#4 10 years ago

Yup, NGG has the lock bar tabs already installed straight from the factory. If they aren't there, it means someone has removed them, filled the holes, and repainted.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Pretty sure NGG came with the holes pre drilled from the factory.

Yep.

#7 10 years ago

AFM same way, Lockdown bar and assembly installed from the factory.

#8 10 years ago

Yeah that $20k NIB one on eBay a few weeks ago had a lock bar already installed, I tried to be critical of that but everyone corrected me

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from GListOverflow:

Everybody wants to say HUO on everything, but how many people were buying NIB for their house back in the 90s and earlier?

I have a single owner (me) HUO Doctor Who I've had since September of 92. It happens, not frequently, but it does happen from time to time.

#10 10 years ago

A better path to success is to educate yourself before accusing others. In the mid 90's WMS started shipping games with coin door lock bars so that operators didn't have to take a drill to their games. Pretty thoughtful.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

A better path to success is to educate yourself before accusing others. In the mid 90's WMS started shipping games with coin door lock bars so that operators didn't have to take a drill to their games. Pretty thoughtful.

Even has part numbers...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_Grey_16-9562-A/index.html#/648/

viperrwk

#12 10 years ago

Wow, that's great to know - **doubblle fail** for whoever decided to post their frustrations on CL!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
4,800 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-kick-out-of-this-cl-ad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.