(Topic ID: 288228)

Got a free Wms Touchdown, might give it back, new member. Am I stupid?

By Lloyd-ss

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by trueno92
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TouchDownAtHome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Lloyd-ss:

The guy was real nice. After I got it home, but before i worked on it or was thinking of giving it back, I asked the guy about the history and he said that it was purchased new by his wife's family and that she and here siblings had many fond memories of playing the machine. They had it fixed many times ( I could tell, LOL) but finally, it quit and they could find no one to work on it. But the machine shows use like from a convenience store or bar, so maybe the family owned a little store... that kinda fits the story and location, Washington DC area.
Then after I got it working after a few minutes of effort, I talked to my wife and then told him I got it working. Then after a few more text exchanges I asked if they might want it back. He said he would ask his wife and her brother (who helped load it). The Mother is living with the son, too. The guy replied to me that he had talked to them and that the mother would be thrilled to have back for her game room. Now, that is a trip, isn't it. I talked to my wife again (she has good judgement) and she said if it will make an old lady happy, give it back. So that is where I am at right now. I know they will pay for the kit and maybe more. Plus he says he has a chain saw that he can't start that he will give to me, ha ha.
I appreciate the input. Like they say, if you have a good idea, you better run it by somebody else first. Thank you!

I encourage people to write down the history of their games when I buy them. It’s interesting to me.

Stay in touch with him and perhaps when it breaks down again you can offer to fix it and make a few bucks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-a-free-wms-touchdown-might-give-it-back-new-member-am-i-stupid?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.