Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NoVArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PIC_0064.JPG
PIC_0065.JPG
PIC_0067.JPG

#1 9 years ago

While I'm still waiting word (price) for the HUO JP I can get from my Buddy's in-laws, I accumulated enough $$ from video game sales to purchase my second pin, a Judge Dredd. Odd thing was I posted an add for this specific title, and got a reply with photos the same day!
Cabinet has a few minor chips, but the play field is beautiful!

My question for any JD owners out there is what is the height of the eagle topper (from top of cabinet) when installed?
Also.... what is involved in installing the dead word mod other than the ring replacement?

I plan to get the topper eventually if I have the space on top.

PIC_0067.JPG PIC_0065.JPG PIC_0064.JPG

#2 9 years ago

NO DREDD OWNERS WITH ANSWERS??

#3 9 years ago

IT'S ABOUT EIGHT INCHES IN HEIGHT!!

#4 9 years ago

Thanks Nova,

Figures I have 7" to ceiling.

#5 9 years ago

Ow guys, please stop yelling - pinsiders are not deaf!

Apart from the new dead world ring, you'll need software that actually works with it. The ring alone is useless as the ball would just keep rotating

IMHO, the best buy is the ring + software kit from Pinbits. They have it in different colors, choose the one you like. I have the orange one and it looks great!

http://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_8&products_id=136

As for the eagle. You could take it off It's only a coupe of screws. Pity it won't fit though, it looks pretty cool!

#6 9 years ago

Robin,

What about the software?
How is it installed?

#7 9 years ago

You get the software along with the ring. It's on an eeprom. You simply replace the current game eeprom with this one. Be careful when switching eeproms - the legs are easily bent! Take a flathead screwdriver and lift up one side of the eeprom, then the other - little by little until it pops out. Then gently push in the new eeprom.

Good luck!

#8 9 years ago

I got the resin mold repro topper. Not plastic, think it was from mad amusements. Weighs like 10 lbs, doesn't need mounting hardware, just sits up there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside