Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider renobanjoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Wondering what I can get with a $1,500 max budget. I am looking for several machines in particular. Top of my list is Tales From The Crypt, any Elvira pin and Party Zone. Others I am interested in are Phantom Of The Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Terminator...pretty much any horror themed pin. Open to really anything from the late 80's and up except sports themes. I live in Bristol TN so I am looking for something within 5 hours max driving distance. So if you have something you think I maybe be interested in please let me know!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Party Zone and Doctor Dude are both really cool games you could get in that range. Maybe an F-14 too.

I already have Dr. Dude! I love it! That's why I am looking for a Party Zone to go with it!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You might find a DM at that price, not much more than that. Bsd is out.

Yeah I wouldn't mind finding a DM.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Earthshaker is a great game, can be had for less than 1500 in good shape.
Johnny Mnemonic is also right at that price range, and very modern.

Hey I was in Roanoke today looking at some pins! Didn't buy anything. Are you interesting selling anything?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Terminator 2 and Party Zone are definitely doable in your price range. I know it wasn't on your list, but you might get lucky and find a Judge Dredd.
Also, you could have your pick of most System 11 games (might even get two if you're lucky), and most of those are pretty great.

Yeah I'd love to have a Judge Dredd or T2. But everything I am finding is too high. =(

#14 10 years ago

This is typical of what I find nearby. I would think this Popeye game should be $1,000-$1,400. Maybe up to 1,800 if it is super mint. richmond.craigslist.org link

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I have several machines that would be in that price range or lower - TFTC that needs some serious TLC (I don't think you will find even a players model that is clean and needs nothing for $1500), W?D that may need more than a moderate amount of TLC and is disgustingly dirty, a Hurricane that is in great shape and works completely, BK that is in good shape, ditto on a SS, and a Space Station that is mostly good for parts but might be resurrected in a new cab.
There may be some 'sweat equity' deals above that can get you where you need to be or at least on your way.

Shoot me a message with a list of whatcha got and prices and pics. I don't mind working on one a little as long as the price is right! Thanks!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Earthshaker is a great game, can be had for less than 1500 in good shape.
Johnny Mnemonic is also right at that price range, and very modern.

Is your Johnny Mnemonic for sale?

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

If you're looking for horror themed pins, you should be able to find a player quality Haunted House in that price range.

That is a pretty cool game. Now finding one near me is the problem!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I bought a beautiful Frankenstein for $1600.

Also a good one I'd like to find.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

With a little more, my Monster Bash playfield, repaired and cleared by Kruzman. Gorgeous.

Not sure what you are saying. You have one for sale but a little higher than $1500? If so how much higher?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

He's messing with you. more than 1500 for just the PF alone, repaired and cleared.

Yeah that's what I thought...tee hee...hilarious

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I am really enjoying my T2. My kids love Stargate which can be found in that range. I have to agree that the artwork in Phantom of the Opera is beautiful which would be another good game.
For the record - I owned haunted house - the music and sound is VERY annoying VERY fast IMO.
Good luck with your search.

Yeah I agree the POTO is a work of art. Probably not the most thrilling game but beautiful.

#45 10 years ago

Bone Busters would be cool to find too. Looks like a Ghost Busters rip off! haha! Wonder they never did a real Ghost Busters pin?

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

with time and patients, you should be abel to get any of those titles for that price. don't be in a rush, and look other places then here. All of those are doable.

What are some other good places to look other than here or CL? Ebay is out. It's ridiculous.

#51 10 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

Dr dude.
Great under rated game IMO

Yeah I really enjoy it. Some people don't the wacky theme but I love it. That's why I want to find a Party Zone to go with it. I think it would awesome to have both!

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Just saw a LAH sell on CL for 950.00
I tried for it but to late as always. :///////

Yeah I saw that too! Miss it too! lol!

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Keep patient and keep trying.
I just picked up an excellent shape Congo for $1500 at a yard sale where we went to look at getting a skee ball.
Best thing is, it was the wife's idea to get both if we got a good price for a package deal. She really liked it, meaning no guilt involved on my part for acquiring another pin for my collection.

DANG IT! I gotta start going to yard sales!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

$1500 is a good price point for System 11s IMO. If it's over $1500, it's likely overpriced unless it is NIB condition. Got all 4 of my System 11s for way less than that, and you'll have enough money left over for new parts as well. Pinbot and Taxi are probably the best of them and the easiest to come by. EATPM and Whirlwind seem to have jacked prices, those in your price range show up occasionally in not-so-great condition.

Actually I am waiting to hear back from a guy that said he has a EATPM for 1,500. I have a couple of other pins I am considering but I am waiting to hear back from him before I pull trigger on any of the others. Elvira was near the top of my list. Very frustrating when they don't reply back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 21.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider renobanjoman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-1500-budget-what-can-i-get?tu=renobanjoman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.