Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Skyemont
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Wondering what I can get with a $1,500 max budget. I am looking for several machines in particular. Top of my list is Tales From The Crypt, any Elvira pin and Party Zone. Others I am interested in are Phantom Of The Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Terminator...pretty much any horror themed pin. Open to really anything from the late 80's and up except sports themes. I live in Bristol TN so I am looking for something within 5 hours max driving distance. So if you have something you think I maybe be interested in please let me know!

#2 10 years ago

PZ is definitely doable.

SS is way out of your price range - not sure about EATPM.

Good luck with the search.

#3 10 years ago

You might find a DM at that price, not much more than that. Bsd is out.

#4 10 years ago

Party Zone and Doctor Dude are both really cool games you could get in that range. Maybe an F-14 too.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Party Zone and Doctor Dude are both really cool games you could get in that range. Maybe an F-14 too.

I already have Dr. Dude! I love it! That's why I am looking for a Party Zone to go with it!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You might find a DM at that price, not much more than that. Bsd is out.

Yeah I wouldn't mind finding a DM.

#7 10 years ago

Earthshaker is a great game, can be had for less than 1500 in good shape.
Johnny Mnemonic is also right at that price range, and very modern.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from renobanjoman:

I already have Dr. Dude! I love it! That's why I am looking for a Party Zone to go with it!

Party Zone is a blast to play. You can get a good one for $1,500. Just make sure the ramps are in good shape and are working . . . there are no replacement ramps available at this time and if the ramps have a hard time controlling the ball and the ball spills over that is a challenging problem to solve.

#9 10 years ago

Taxi, whirlwind(maybe), Popeye, any sys3 (either than Stargate) judge Dress. You. Have quite the slection

#10 10 years ago

Terminator 2 and Party Zone are definitely doable in your price range. I know it wasn't on your list, but you might get lucky and find a Judge Dredd.

Also, you could have your pick of most System 11 games (might even get two if you're lucky), and most of those are pretty great.

#11 10 years ago

For $1,500 you can get on a wait list for a NIB!

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Hey I was in Roanoke today looking at some pins! Didn't buy anything. Are you interesting selling anything?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Terminator 2 and Party Zone are definitely doable in your price range. I know it wasn't on your list, but you might get lucky and find a Judge Dredd.
Also, you could have your pick of most System 11 games (might even get two if you're lucky), and most of those are pretty great.

Yeah I'd love to have a Judge Dredd or T2. But everything I am finding is too high. =(

#14 10 years ago

This is typical of what I find nearby. I would think this Popeye game should be $1,000-$1,400. Maybe up to 1,800 if it is super mint. richmond.craigslist.org link

#15 10 years ago

Hey I was in Roanoke today looking at some pins! Didn't buy anything. Are you interesting selling anything?

wow, what a coincidence. Hmm maybe we could work something out.
You travel much? Roanoke is about 3 hours away I think.

#16 10 years ago

I have several machines that would be in that price range or lower - TFTC that needs some serious TLC (I don't think you will find even a players model that is clean and needs nothing for $1500), W?D that may need more than a moderate amount of TLC and is disgustingly dirty, a Hurricane that is in great shape and works completely, BK that is in good shape, ditto on a SS, and a Space Station that is mostly good for parts but might be resurrected in a new cab.

There may be some 'sweat equity' deals above that can get you where you need to be or at least on your way.

#17 10 years ago

Yeah I'd love to have a Judge Dredd or T2. But everything I am finding is too high. =(

I'm not too sure how many $1400 JDs are left, but man you should have seen it a few
months ago.

#18 10 years ago

A deposit on a good game

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not too sure how many $1400 JDs are left, but man you should have seen it a few
months ago.

I know I probably got one of the last good ones at that price, but I picked up one from the grandson of a deceased op nearby for like $1300, with only minor cracking on the base of a ramp, on the end of the right ramp. Deadworld worked perfectly. One minor insert issue. One scratch on the translite. Overall, though, a perfectly playable game for $1300.

*edit* That was just 4 months ago.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

I have several machines that would be in that price range or lower - TFTC that needs some serious TLC (I don't think you will find even a players model that is clean and needs nothing for $1500), W?D that may need more than a moderate amount of TLC and is disgustingly dirty, a Hurricane that is in great shape and works completely, BK that is in good shape, ditto on a SS, and a Space Station that is mostly good for parts but might be resurrected in a new cab.
There may be some 'sweat equity' deals above that can get you where you need to be or at least on your way.

Shoot me a message with a list of whatcha got and prices and pics. I don't mind working on one a little as long as the price is right! Thanks!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Is your Johnny Mnemonic for sale?

#22 10 years ago

Eh, I'd say DM is somewhere around 2k now

I sold my t2 for 1500 recently. Could have hot more if I was patient.

It's crazy, 1500 would have scored you a ton of good b-listers a year ago.

Then again... a lot if it depends on your region.

#23 10 years ago

I'm selling a DE Simpsons that may fit your criteria. Check out my marketplace ad or the associated thread. Please ping me if you have any questions. I'm north of Atlanta. About 4.5 hours I think.

#24 10 years ago

Is your Johnny Mnemonic for sale?

Mmm, no actually. It's just one of those games you don't want to let go.
Ours is in really good shape, and offers some crazy speed. Lot of fun that one.

#25 10 years ago

I bought a beautiful Frankenstein for $1600.

#26 10 years ago

A decent Jackbot could probably be found for $1500, which is a fun game for the price.

#27 10 years ago

If you're looking for horror themed pins, you should be able to find a player quality Haunted House in that price range.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from kjm8888:

If you're looking for horror themed pins, you should be able to find a player quality Haunted House in that price range.

That is a pretty cool game. Now finding one near me is the problem!

#29 10 years ago

Wondering what I can get with a $1,500 max budget.

Apparently you can get a "baller" to disrespect you and every decent B and C list game out there:

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

A deposit on a good game

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I bought a beautiful Frankenstein for $1600.

Also a good one I'd like to find.

#31 10 years ago

I helplessly watched a JM sell for 900.00 2 days ago
I called but she said it was sold 2 hrs into its listing. I am also looking for a good game around that price range. I could get a T2 or a DM right now but they are just above that range and I really can't afford to go much higher than 14-15 myself. So anybody sees a WW,or a JM, or DM in that range like some have mentioned. Shoot me a PM as well.

#32 10 years ago

With a little more, my Monster Bash playfield, repaired and cleared by Kruzman. Gorgeous.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

With a little more, my Monster Bash playfield, repaired and cleared by Kruzman. Gorgeous.

Not sure what you are saying. You have one for sale but a little higher than $1500? If so how much higher?

#34 10 years ago

A set of BBB plastics.

#35 10 years ago

Not sure what you are saying. You have one for sale but a little higher than $1500? If so how much higher?

He's messing with you. more than 1500 for just the PF alone, repaired and cleared.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

He's messing with you. more than 1500 for just the PF alone, repaired and cleared.

Yeah that's what I thought...tee hee...hilarious

#37 10 years ago

Just a couple opinions here. Don't let anyone tell you buying any game at certain price is impossible.

All these games can be found under $2K. $1.5K is a stretch, but your not that far away so all these are eventually attainable.

Tales from the Crypt, any Elvira pin and Party Zone. Others I am interested in are Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Terminator...

Also, the harder you look, the more expensive the game will be. If you are working on a limited budget, sit back for a while, wait for the deal, and pounce when you see it.

JM, JD, & DM are all $1,500 games and decent choices. JD especially IMO.

#38 10 years ago

For sure not an MM.

#39 10 years ago

Phantom or The Simpsons would be my vote

#40 10 years ago

You should be able to find a decent Phantom of the opera for around your price range, by far the best looking pin mentioned so far

#41 10 years ago

I should mention, when I got my $1300 Dredd, I just stumbled on it locally; like Jalpert said, make sure you've got the cash ready to go and be patient. Something good WILL come up at a great price, and you just have to be ready to jump on it. It can be easy to spend $2500 on a $1500 game if you're not patient.

#42 10 years ago

I am really enjoying my T2. My kids love Stargate which can be found in that range. I have to agree that the artwork in Phantom of the Opera is beautiful which would be another good game.

For the record - I owned haunted house - the music and sound is VERY annoying VERY fast IMO.

Good luck with your search.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I am really enjoying my T2. My kids love Stargate which can be found in that range. I have to agree that the artwork in Phantom of the Opera is beautiful which would be another good game.
For the record - I owned haunted house - the music and sound is VERY annoying VERY fast IMO.
Good luck with your search.

Yeah I agree the POTO is a work of art. Probably not the most thrilling game but beautiful.

#44 10 years ago

Bone Busters is cheap and would fit into a horror collection quite nicely.

#45 10 years ago

Bone Busters would be cool to find too. Looks like a Ghost Busters rip off! haha! Wonder they never did a real Ghost Busters pin?

#46 10 years ago

Wondering what I can get with a $1,500 max budget. I am looking for several machines in particular. Top of my list is Tales from the Crypt, any Elvira pin and Party Zone. Others I am interested in are Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, Frankenstein, Terminator...pretty much any horror themed pin. Open to really anything from the late 80's and up except sports themes. I live in Bristol TN so I am looking for something within 5 hours max driving distance. So if you have something you think I maybe be interested in please let me know!

with time and patients, you should be abel to get any of those titles for that price. don't be in a rush, and look other places then here. All of those are doable.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

with time and patients, you should be abel to get any of those titles for that price. don't be in a rush, and look other places then here. All of those are doable.

What are some other good places to look other than here or CL? Ebay is out. It's ridiculous.

#48 10 years ago

try RGP. they have reasonable prices. Should be able to find one or two of those titles your looking for. Especially if your willing to drive a bit. ONe of the OH or MI guys should have one of those titles for sale.

#49 10 years ago

Bone Busters would be cool to find too. Looks like a Ghost Busters rip off! haha! Wonder they never did a real Ghost Busters pin?

Story is Bone Busters WAS Ghost Busters before license fell through. Or something.

Luckily, even though "they" didn't make one, HE did and it's awesome: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-custom-pinball-official-video

#50 10 years ago

Dr Dude.

Great under rated game IMO

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
$ 27.95
$ 64.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/got-1500-budget-what-can-i-get/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.