Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Budski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I am trying to track down an issue with scoring on my Bank Shot. On any of the rollovers or standup targets I believe it is to score 500 points. It sometimes scores 300, 400, 500, 600 or 700. Not sure where to look for this inconsistency? Also I have the same issue on the 1000's scoring reel but not as much? Thanks in advance for any help.

Budski

#2 7 years ago

Watch the action of the 100 point score reel as the 500 points are being scored. The reel should consistently and solidly step 5 times in a very regular tempo. If the reel sometimes doesn't step, or sometimes steps 2 numbers at one time, then you either have dirty switches at the score motor 1A position or you have score unit mechanisms that need rebuilding - or both.

Since the score motor switches are easier to tackle than the score units, you probably want to check those first. Lift the playfield and watch the score motor switches as you trigger 500 points. On one of the switch stacks that rides the bottom cam, you'll see sparks as the switch contacts open and close to rack up the 500 points. These are the contacts you want to clean and adjust. It's a good idea to tighten down the switch stack screws before making adjustments to the switches.

- TimMe

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I had already cleaned all the score reels and cleaned and adjusted the 1A position but I may need to go back and check my work again. I also cleaned and adjusted the scoring relays in the bottom box and head. I will also revisit those. Thanks again.

Dave

#4 7 years ago

Okay, got it fixed. I went in on the 100's coil and removed it and cleaned and filed both the armature and coil. Works great now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 375.00
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Special When Lit
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorrlieb-bank-shot-inconsistent-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.