Capture (resized).png
3DA34FEB-5099-4585-A06A-84909949234C (resized).jpeg
72712059-6667-4473-9FA1-5BB98E09331D (resized).jpeg
8C9730C6-AB3B-4250-A577-4C856C30C935 (resized).jpeg
magic-how-do-they-work[1].gif
IMG_8525 (resized).JPG
IMG_8521 (resized).JPG
F0A7A515-2D08-4DA3-AC5E-412BD23BB9BF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

As for mounting a plate over the reed switches, maybe try regular old steel first and see if it does the job.

Perhaps this problem is made worse because that pop bumper coil is mounted facing the drop bank, instead of the pop bumper's frame. Or would that not really make much difference?

#19 2 years ago

Guess it depends on how close the switches actually are to not being activated vs. activated by the pop coil. Is the magnetism totally overwhelming them, or is it just enough to always close them.

#21 2 years ago

Here's a dumb magnetism question - would putting magnetic shielding around the pop coil, even just a tin can, affect it's stroke power in any way? None, some, negligible? Like, you know, could it suck up some of the magnetism that woulda gone to the solenoid?

#27 2 years ago

As for the metal strip possibly shorting anything, how about sandwiching it between two strips of wide mylar clear shipping tape first, then trim off most of the edges of the tape so it's sealed beyond the edges. Sort of laminatin' it. Maybe two more layers of tape, but the stuff is pretty damn tough. Then use the foam tape or whatever you're using to apply it. No worry about shorting or wire rubbing or size/positioning of the strip.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I have installed these on both a Flash and a Blackout. No issues.
I see that not everyone has the issue, was wondering if flipping the magnet over (changing N/S poles) would make a difference. was thinking the coil and the magnet may be amplifying the magnetic field[quoted image]

Maybe not having problems in general but for this one bumper in Gorgar, looks to be a common issue reading above.

1 week later
#36 1 year ago

As for the superglue coming loose on the magnets - are you guys roughing up the surface of the magnet and the area on the target first before gluing?

2 weeks later
#48 1 year ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

I haven't tried it yet but I wonder if a piece of metal flashing would do the same.
Any home construction going on in your area? Look around their building site for some scraps (1 inch X 4 inches)

I suggested that too, I don't have a Gorgar to test it on. I did once, but it was when Gorgar was only about 5 years old so the horseshoe switches were still pretty fresh.

7 months later
#61 1 year ago
Quoted from EmptyH:

This is my fix. It is a piece of soup can. I did bend the edges to make it less sharp and wrapped in duct tape. Basically, a rectangle. It has been working flawlessly for about the last 2 weeks.[quoted image]

I suggested trying a plain old steel panel but yeah it's probably hit and miss as suggested. Change the dimensions of the plate or the exact position/distance between the sensors and the pop coil, or make the plate a little curved or basically flat, might not work 100%. Whereas the mumetal sounds sure-fire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frenchmarky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-with-nmp-sensor-drop-targets-reset-issue?tu=frenchmarky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.