IMG_8521 (resized).JPG
F0A7A515-2D08-4DA3-AC5E-412BD23BB9BF (resized).jpeg
E763F8DD-7E68-4330-A3B6-06673231B195 (resized).jpeg
shield 4 photo (resized).png
shield 3 photo (resized).png
shield 1 photo (resized).png
shield 2 photo (resized).png
20220313_105012 (resized).jpg

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 months ago

Hey All,

Not to proudly display how little I know about electronics to everyone here, but if it's shielding we need, can we use the copper shielding tape used in electric guitar wiring cavities?

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.13.41 AM (resized).png
#52 6 months ago
Quoted from jackal624:

Hey All,
Not to proudly display how little I know about electronics to everyone here, but if it's shielding we need, can we use the copper shielding tape used in electric guitar wiring cavities?[quoted image]

Nope....different kind of shielding needed for magnets.....

Matt
M&M Creations

5 months later
#53 27 days ago

I did have this same type of problem with my Flash game. Right after putting in the NMP board it was working fine, and the next night the pop bumper next to it was resetting the 3-bank pop bumper every time the pop bumper fired. My problem was one of the magnets had come off the drop target and stuck to the metal of the drop assembly. Once I fixed that, it all worked great.

#54 27 days ago

Thanks for the update. Glad you fixed it.

#55 21 days ago

I am getting a reset on the 3 bank every time I hit the lower pop bumper now in my Flash game. All magnets are in the proper place. The 3 bank drops work fine as long as you don't hit the lower pop bumper.

#56 21 days ago
Quoted from EmptyH:

I am getting a reset on the 3 bank every time I hit the lower pop bumper now in my Flash game. All magnets are in the proper place. The 3 bank drops work fine as long as you don't hit the lower pop bumper.

You may require shielding......

#57 21 days ago
Quoted from Sonic:

You may require shielding......

The targets and pop bumper are similar layout as Gorgar.

Try the shield and please let us know if that fixes it.

#58 21 days ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

Yeah, I'd be interested to know. It didn't work for me on my Gorgar, but I've still left it for the time being as it's still better than the horse shoe. For me I found that the pop bumper would only trigger the closest target. I could hit it as long as the other 2 weren't down and the bank wouldn't reset. After physically removing the bank from the playfield and testing the bank clamped down to a 2x4 the issue didn't arise. I even double layered shielding over that reed switch to no avail. I'll be trying to replace the pop bumper coil next to see if that helps at all. If not, I might try a different shielding material...

#59 21 days ago
Quoted from sparksterz:

Yeah, I'd be interested to know. It didn't work for me on my Gorgar, but I've still left it for the time being as it's still better than the horse shoe. For me I found that the pop bumper would only trigger the closest target. I could hit it as long as the other 2 weren't down and the bank wouldn't reset. After physically removing the bank from the playfield and testing the bank clamped down to a 2x4 the issue didn't arise. I even double layered shielding over that reed switch to no avail. I'll be trying to replace the pop bumper coil next to see if that helps at all. If not, I might try a different shielding material...

In your case, I think doubling the thickness wasn't the answer, I think the 4" strip was only an 1" wide and likely needed to be doubled to 2" wide...the EM field isn't strong enough to permeate through the shield material - but it can pass around....that would be the next step...

Matt

Matt

1 week later
#60 8 days ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

This is my fix. It is a piece of soup can. I did bend the edges to make it less sharp and wrapped in duct tape. Basically, a rectangle. It has been working flawlessly for about the last 2 weeks.

IMG_0256 (resized).JPG
#61 8 days ago
Quoted from EmptyH:

This is my fix. It is a piece of soup can. I did bend the edges to make it less sharp and wrapped in duct tape. Basically, a rectangle. It has been working flawlessly for about the last 2 weeks.[quoted image]

I suggested trying a plain old steel panel but yeah it's probably hit and miss as suggested. Change the dimensions of the plate or the exact position/distance between the sensors and the pop coil, or make the plate a little curved or basically flat, might not work 100%. Whereas the mumetal sounds sure-fire.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Erie, PA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!