• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-220.jpg
image-398.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I was trying to swap my old plasma displays with PinScore LEDs, however there appears to be a problem with my original wiring. One of the plugs (small left hand side one with 6 wires) has a wire running fom it that goes to each display. I know this is wrong. Does anyone know where each of those 6 wires should go? I see 4 of them running to the power supply. Here is a pic of the plug. It has 6 spots for wires. 5 are filled and one of the 5 has 2 wires coming out of it. The 2nd of the 2 is the one running to all of the displays.

image-398.jpgimage-398.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Help. I know that double wire is wrong. Should I just pull it ??

#3 10 years ago

That is the +100V to the displays. Normal.

#4 10 years ago

If that's normal and one single wire is jumpered to each display individually then how do you hook up PinScore displays, besides...doesn't look normal.

#5 10 years ago

I haven't ever used pinscore displays, but they aren't going to need 100V so I would imagine they just ignore it.

If you feel like what you have is super weird looking, maybe post a pic of it so we can see what you are talking about.

#6 10 years ago

This should help you out.
http://firepowerpinball.com/downloads/MasterDisplayBoard.pdf

The high voltage is not used on your LED displays. I would leave that wiring in for backwards compatibility though.

#7 10 years ago

Is that brown wire normally split off seperately to the 4 players displays? I've tried to see pics of the wiring, but I don't see anything showing that brown&white wire being spliced in 4 directions. Is that splice to each of the displays normal. And thanks big time for that drawing with the colors included !!

#8 10 years ago

If you use the LED displays, you can just take the 100v fuse out completely.

A component or board can't burn up if it does not have power.

#9 10 years ago

Fuse is out. I'm still trying to find an answer if my wires were cobbled together or correct.

#10 10 years ago

Each set of wires going to each individual display has this connector for that 100v wire and the loom coming from the power supply has that wire jumpered off and spliced into 4 connectors that attach to the one shown (on each display)

image-220.jpgimage-220.jpg
#11 10 years ago

Normal

#12 10 years ago

Ok. Just seemed like the display driver would deliver that along with the rest of the wires in the connector as opposed to having that one wire jumpered individually to each display. Weird.

#13 10 years ago

That is pretty standard practice. Bally loops certain bus voltages around in the same fashion. The +43v in the backbox takes many hops in a bally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.