Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chas10e
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Had it working great, moved it (in once piece) and upon arrival at the new place...when turned on it just repeats “Gorgar Gorgar Gorgar” over and over. Can’t even start a game now! Any ideas what could have happened during the move?

#2 4 years ago

ball tilt above plumb-bob?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

chas10e what about it?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

Good suggestion Chas. I had that happen once to a Wild Fyre after moving. Ball tilt ball ran to the narrow end and got stuck.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Good suggestion Chas. I had that happen once to a Wild Fyre after moving. Ball tilt ball ran to the narrow end and got stuck.

mbwalker so what should I do? What should it look like in correct position?

#6 4 years ago

if the ball is there it should be toward the front of the machine, it's designed so if someone picks up the front of the machine during play it'll shut it down

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

if the ball is there it should be toward the front of the machine, it's designed so if someone picks up the front of the machine during play it'll shut it down

Ok so that’s not it, it’s towards the front of the machine. Is there a way to do like a “hard reset”? Just says Gorgar over and over, nothing lights up on the backbox-nothing.

#8 4 years ago

About 5:30 in this TNT video he mentions how the ground braid is hooked up I wonder if yours has joggled around in the move

#9 4 years ago

May have to reseat the driver board connection from the mpu board. Power off , remove the screws holding it in. Carefully remove it using both hands, then line up and reconnect it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Steveoshoots:

mbwalker so what should I do? What should it look like in correct position?

Steve,

I don't own this pin unlike a bunch of guys here on Pinside. But if it was an issue due to moving, I'd look at connectors, tilt switches, etc.

A transistor, etc is not going to have an issue unless it's a cold solder joint, etc - but very highly unlikely even then. So I would look at the more obvious issues like I mentioned above (i.e. connectors, switch) first. Any chance you looked at the link Chas posted above? Is there a ground wire between the cabinet and backbox that came loose? Take a close look for a ground connector not hooked up.

Sorry for a vague reply, just stating the obvious.

Don't give up, plenty of good help on Pinside! You'll get it working, hang in there...

Maybe LTG can chime in.

#11 4 years ago

Did you get 'er goin' ? in the video toddtuckey makes fun but very knowlegable and entertaining.

There was another recent thread where moving a machine caused the ground braid hitting the lamp sockets on the back door blowing fuses & whatnot.

if that isn't the issue this will be a "bump" for the thread to help it get resolved for you

#gorgar is a great game and like mbwalker I would like one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-troubles-after-moving and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.