9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Hasty
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hasty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'm not at my office to look at the machine now, but my Gorgar has aftermarket roms (system 6 machine), and everything works perfectly, but if the machine is tilted, the kick-out in the table becomes permanently inoperable. I've had this happen twice, and I think it is an issue related to the programming in the roms (but I'm a newb, so I could easily be wrong)

After the kickout died, I put the machine into test mode. The solenoid was working, but the switch was not registering. I raised the playfield and cleaned the switch with Deoxit and everything looked good visually, no corrosion or suspect looking solder joints etc.

I turned the machine off and unplugged it for 2 hours, replaced the batteries (which were of unknown age and relocated by the prior owner) and everything works great again. Unplugging the machine for a while fixed the issue both times, and both times the issue occurred was immediately after an audible tilt alarm.

I have strong doubt that this is a mechanical or electrical connection issue. Any clues?

#4 9 years ago

For now, and it's weak I know, I've simply inserted some paper to disable the plumb-bob tilt. I'll have to look at the boards again to see what's new and what's original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hasty.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-table-kick-out-fails-if-tilted?tu=Hasty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.