• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-193.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone I have my Gorgar machine a few months and am starting to fix it up now. Considering it is 35 years old it isn't in too bad of shape. I have some intermittent problems which have been linked now to connectors at the board. I also have slingshots that work but do not register score. I will be pulling the playfield to restore cosmetically but I will address the mechanical issues as well. This slingshot issue is bugging me and I could use a little advice.
Thanks guys
image-193.jpgimage-193.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

I don't believe slings score.

#3 9 years ago

That would make perfect sense i will have to check the manual about that. i would have never have thought that thanks gnatty

#4 9 years ago

They don't score on my Gorgar.

#5 9 years ago

Manual shows left sling switch (12) and right sling switch (36) as 10 point switches.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

Manual shows left sling switch (12) and right sling switch (36) as 10 point switches.

You're right, they do score. I happen to have my Gorgar open while fixing another problem and sure enough, they score. Guess I never noticed before.

#7 9 years ago

Williams uses a separate switch for scoring on their pops and slings that is triggered when the solenoid engages. Check the gap on the switch under the playfield that closes when the sling plunger pulls in.

#8 9 years ago

Well then now now that I know it is scoring how do I fix my problem of my slingshots working but not scoring?

#9 9 years ago

I will check the gap hope that is it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-sling-shot-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.