4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Likewise
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01478 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

As the title suggests I need wiring pics for the right flipper on a Gorgar machine.

This is my first pinball machine and it came without any connected flipper coils. I got it free from work and someone told me they stopped playing it because the flipper coils kept burning out.

All of the drop targets, pop bumpers, magnet, sound, etc respond appropriately. I’ve tested the flipper transistor on the driver board and it read good. I checked out the flipper platforms and noticed they were using 2 different EOS switches and the right flipper platform looked burned.

Since most things checked out I went ahead and picked up some coils and new EOS switches from Pinball Life and set about fixing it.

I used the Gorgar Left Flipper pic thread in this forum to get that wired up and now the left flipper is working fine. Was going to wire up the right but then stopped because I got worried that the wiring would be flipped since the coil is flipped and came here.

If it helps I have my coil lugs away from the stop plate.

Thanks for any help!

#2 4 years ago

Here you go. I have more if you need them.
    Good luck!!

DSC01478 (resized).JPGDSC01478 (resized).JPG
    #3 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Here you go. I have more if you need them.
    Good luck!![quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks! If I have the coil flipped where the contact points are away from the coil stop would this still be the way it would be wired?

#4 4 years ago

just flip the wires on the outside posts

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

just flip the wires on the outside posts

That did it you’re awesome. Thanks so much! I feel like the flippers are lacking a little strength but it’s enough to play for now, haha. I will likely need to adjust the EOS a bit or maybe clean up the flipper button contacts. More research time.

Thanks again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-right-flipper-wiring-pics-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.