(Topic ID: 36209)

Gorgar pop bumpers and leds won't light???

By 80spit

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jojaco
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I was fiddling around replacing all my lamps on Gorgar with leds, all worked out great except
my pop bumpers. #44 regular lamps work fine, but I can't get them to work with the leds , the sockets seem a little loose, but not even a flash, Is there some trick I am missing here? just started out using single bulb leds, I know I probably will go to the 3 bulb for more light once I get them working

#2 11 years ago

did you try turning the bulb 180' in the socket? some times that works.
it may also need to be a "flasher" type led... not sure on that though

#3 11 years ago

Some LEDs don't light in the early Williams pops that are under the CPU control. I think they strobe at 18v or something if I remember correctly (check with a meter in the RMS mode and correct me). The strobbing makes a kind of 6v.

Try a more complex LED with a regulator chip in it, those should work fine.

#4 11 years ago

I looked through some pictures on my laptop and the Cointaker frosted dome LEDs work in Sys3-7 CPU controlled pop lamps, the "Ablaze 1-LED #44/#47 Bayonet Base Lamp With Frosted Lens" do not.

#5 11 years ago

Thats what I figured, got some 3 and 4 light super brights on order from Pinball Life, should
be here by the weekend, that should solve the the problem, I'll post the results

#6 11 years ago

interesting

#7 11 years ago

Well I got some 4 led super brights in and it solved the problem seems the singles won't work
on the pop lamps, they probably wouldn't be bright enough anyways,
Really liking the look of Gorgar with the leds. some how he seems more enjoyable to play now

1 month later
#8 11 years ago

then you will probably will like how this looks (all LED and extra LED Starpost LED)

and with turned on room lights:

#9 11 years ago

LEDs in the pops is one of the few places i think they look good at.

I have some in my Time Warp. I used the 5 led from cointaker (2-3 years ago). Work fine, but i had to do work on the sockets in the pops. I had to adjust the bottom thing closer to the tip of the bulb as the spacing was slightly different than a standard 44/47 bulb.

#10 11 years ago

Those green gems by the snake pit look awesome. Gorgar is a great game to bling out.

#11 11 years ago

In my popbumpers are single Led from SuperBrightLed.
No problem fitting in original sockets Ba9s

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-pop-bumpers-and-leds-wont-light and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.