• Latest reply 9 years ago by leckylove
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-162.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckylove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Picked up my second machine ( gorgar ) which was a little rough on the edges. My son and I have been playing it for a bit and now the ball won't kick in the shooter lane between balls. The solenoid works at game start up and functions in test mode. I assume with a little guidance it shouldn't be anything major I HOPE. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am an electrician by trade and have done plenty of work on my fireball classic before. I'm a little nervous after reading all the problems with the williams system 6 boards.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage-162.jpgimage-162.jpg

#4 9 years ago

My problem happens when I'm in one or two player mode. The problem occurs right away when cool as well. When performing solenoid test it never fails. My sling shots both work but do not score as well. I fear I might have to reflow solder on that beast of a board. Ughhh

#5 9 years ago

The ball just sits there not kicking out. I've tried to clean and align switch which hasn't worked.

#9 9 years ago

Yes there is a switch with a diode on it to activate the solenoid when it drains. It will not advance to player two either when ball drains in two player game and doesn't score your bonus. I'm not sure how to do a switch edge test I'm still a noob. I have owned fireball classic for a year and gorgar a month I'm learning more every day. My son tried it out today and said it worked for a few balls and then stopped again. Does that shed a new light on the diagnosis doctors?

#11 9 years ago

Thanks will try it. Hopefully that does the trick. Thanks

#12 9 years ago

No dice on cleaning and adjusting the switch. Again the game worked for two hours only to return to the state of disarray it has been in. The contacts look like they have been cleaned improperly with sandpaper or something. They look like nubs instead of discs. Everything is original for the most part and whatever is changed has been done shoddy. I had a flipper solenoid wired wrong and fixed that now it works all the time and without humming. I will order some new switches for the ones that look problematic. Does anyone know the rating of the diode at the switch because I'm probably gonna have to order them separately. Thanks gang.

#14 9 years ago

Thanks schwaggs for the diode info and I figured out the cause of the intermittent problem. The molex connectors are original and when I pushed them in a bit the out hole switch worked. I have my work cut out for me but at least I know what it is. 35 years later and now it is time to redo all of the connectors on all of the boards. I might even try to reflow solder also after watching vids bulletproofing video. Thanks again guys

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckylove.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-out-hole-suddenly-not-working?tu=leckylove and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.