• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GOR targets (resized).jpg
5F43EB55-F36F-4F42-9CD7-E9D0E51AD394 (resized).jpeg

#1 10 months ago

I was working on my drop targets today and inadvertently connected the power incorrectly to the coil (rookie mistake with diode). When I tried the table only my flippers fire…sounds and lights work but the other solenoids aren’t firing.

I tried another set of main driver boards I had and the same issue occurs.

Could this be the solenoid fuse? Would the flippers still work though??

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated…

Thank you

#2 10 months ago

I found I blew my F5 fuse…so it has mostly come back to life.

The diagnostic shows a stuck switch on 19 which is the O in GOR…..and that drop bank is not resetting….

#3 10 months ago

I ruled out the boards by swapping in my original playfield…That one works…

Upon closer inspection I notice the wire on the leaf switch was snipped.

Does anyone know what this leaf switch should be attached to? Can I attach to the green/orange wire on my drop target?

5F43EB55-F36F-4F42-9CD7-E9D0E51AD394 (resized).jpeg
#4 10 months ago

This should help, looks like it goes to the outside pad on the R target.

GOR targets (resized).jpg
#5 10 months ago

This machine has Old School Bob’s improved drop targets installed. Assuming they were installed correctly and working before the flipper issues, I don’t think the green wire is an issue.

That switch would have nothing to do with flippers.

#6 10 months ago

Thanks Billc479 the solenoids are firing now for the most part. I had blown the F5 fuse. Thankfully that is all it was.

That leaf switch (I believe) is used in some part with the drop targets since it sits inside that assembly in the surface. I'm wondering if it being disconnected is affecting that bank of drops from resetting....

#7 10 months ago
Quoted from scampa123:

Thanks Billc479 the solenoids are firing now for the most part. I had blown the F5 fuse. Thankfully that is all it was.
That leaf switch (I believe) is used in some part with the drop targets since it sits inside that assembly in the surface. I'm wondering if it being disconnected is affecting that bank of drops from resetting....

No it won’t have any effect. You need to make sure it’s wired correctly and the drop targets are making contact on the board. And make sure the boards aren’t dirty. I am only familiar with the old style boards and not the updated ones. But sounds like it’s not wired correctly. Or also a defective board. Has to be one of those things.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woodgate, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Mooresville, NC
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ottsville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!