By RobAquinas

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

speech select  (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINTEC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

I have a situation that I haven't seen come up on here with a Gorgar. I have sound and speech when I press the sound board diagnostic button. However, during game play, there is no speech. The speech board pot tests fine and is set in the middle 2k resistance to both sides. Instead, it plays sounds where there is supposed to be speech. Also, when testing the solenoids in solenoid test or grounding 10J3 pins on the sound board, sounds are played instead of speech. The dip switch on the sound board is set to 1 off, 2 on. I have tested resistance from dip switch 2 to PIA 15, and it is 100 ohms when on. I have tried several different PIAs to confirm it isn't a PIA issue. The signal going into IC 2 on the sound board seems to be the signal for sound and not speech, but I'm not 100% sure I am testing that correctly. Any advice is appreciated.

Check Switch 2 is selected for speech.

speech select  (resized).pngspeech select (resized).png
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

It definitely is. Confirmed by the change in resistance on the PIA. I think it has to be a missing solenoid signal. Going to check it out shortly. My guess is Solenoid 9 is missing, and I didn't notice in test mode because Solenoids 7 & 8 aren't used.

Sounds are selected at 9-13 all must be present to drive speech and sounds as programmed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PINTEC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-no-speech-during-game-play?tu=PINTEC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.