Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by inkslayer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys I have a gorgar that I just picked up it looks like a clean unit.I put new batteries in the battery holder which was broke but when you pinch the holder to the batteries while turning the game on the game starts off saying gorgar and spits out a ball.. you're able to shoot the ball and use the flippers until the battery becomes disconnected again, from the movements from the game. then you hear gorgar again and the displays for the score (even though show random numbers) turns off and then you cannot use the flippers anymore.alway's have General illumination lights on . No background sound . Tho sound board test plays all sounds .After about a minute of turning on I can smell some kind of an electrical burning smell so I shut it off don't know where that's coming from yet since I turned it off but it sure does stink...who knows where would be the best place to start looking? Thanks for your help. .

#2 6 years ago

Not sure about the smell but I would replace the battery holder with a external holder and check the 40 pin connector well. Separate the 2 boards and put them back and see if any symptoms change.

#3 6 years ago

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! You just acquired my favorite game of all time! It’s punishing, but sooooooooooooooo worth it!

A couple things:
1. Probably needs a fuse update (or protection) on the bridge rectifiers.
The game can start your wiring harness on fire if a rectifier fails on.
2. Pull every board and examine all the pins for the plugs on the back side of the boards. Look very closely, and see if there are hairline cracks. Reflow those pins.
3. Yes, DO check the 40 pin connection between the MPU and driver board. They should probably be replaced.
4. Look for any burn at a plug, both on the boards, and the harness plugs in the “neck” of the game, between head and cabinet (body). If so, purchase a molecule crimping tool and molecular trifurcon connectors. I like to get mine from Jameco or Great Plains Electronics.
5. Look at the power supply, and see if any fuses have burn, or are blown.
6. Put the game in test mode, the button switches inside the coin door. This will help with switch errors.
7. Look at the MPU. Any battery corrosion? If so, ship that board out for service. If chips are socketed, push and wiggle them a little.
8. Look over the wiring under the playfield, and see if anything is loose or broken. Putting game in test mode will help isolate any errors.

After that, check in here again.

#4 6 years ago

Thank you for all your help I will start looking into that I've looked at the fuses everything looks good I've also looked at the chips on to the board and everything is seated correctly with no corrosion nor is there any corrosion from the battery though the battery holder the Middle top metal battery holder is broken so yes I need to replace that whole thing with the isolated battery pack I will look into a few more things put it in through test mode and see what I can come up with but thanks again for all your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-need-help-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.