Gorgar- me need help

By islandpinball

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Good morning

Tonight I was troubleshooting a friends Gorgar (trying to troubleshoot). Anyway his Snake Pit doesn't magnetize during game play. Also the GOR drop targets do not reset back up during the ball, they will only reset to the up position after a drain. The switch directly next to the snake pit and the one directly under the GOR targets do not register when activated.

During switch test the magnet does work however.

I reseeded all connectors in the backbox. Tested all fuses, disconnected the coin door, replaced a diode and resoldered the tiny solenoid near the magnet. I also tested several diodes in the area and they all show correct readings.

#2 9 years ago

According to the switch matrix, column 3 is the one that is not responding. Switches 17-24.

Where does this leave me to test?

I am going to call it a night since I will be heading to York early tomorrow, but any advice or hints would be greatly appreciated. Please help we don't want to get Gorgar angry.

Thanks
Mike

#3 9 years ago

Your drop target issue could be that the targets need to be cleaned and adjusted, maybe not matrix related. Do the targets register individually?
The targets all down signal needs continuity through all the targets. Any dirty or misaligned horseshoe contacts in the targets will screw up the reset. Check continuity through the full bank with all the targets down.

It it's the full column out, follow the wire for that column and look for a break somewhere. Check continuity through the backbox connector as part of this.

#4 9 years ago

Easy way to check the column drive. Put the game in switch test mode. Pull the connectors off the driver board at 2J2 and 2J3. Take a jumper wire and connect one end to 2J2 pin 7, touch the other end of the wire to each pin on 2J3 and see if it registers. If it does, the problem is on the playfield. If it doesn't, then you have a problem with the column drive.

viperrwk

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

Easy way to check the column drive. Put the game in switch test mode. Pull the connectors off the driver board at 2J2 and 2J3. Take a jumper wire and connect one end to 2J2 pin 7, touch the other end of the wire to each pin on 2J3 and see if it registers. If it does, the problem is on the playfield. If it doesn't, then you have a problem with the column drive.
viperrwk

Do this first!
Only listen to my suggestions if the problem is not in the driver or mpu board.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks guys I will let you know what I find

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Tools
Pincoder Store

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-me-need-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.