Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by frunch
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey, guys! I just bought a Gorgar and it worked fine for several days until about ten minutes ago. I just finished moving it about 5 feet to a different spot in the room, and it's been playing well for several (10 or so) games when all of a sudden the bumpers, kickers, outhole, and kicker hole just stopped working. When I start the game the ball doesn't come into the shooter lane. I don't really know what to do! Any advice would be much appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Check all fuses, reseat all connectors....

#3 6 years ago

So, I reseated all the connectors. The problem is still the same. I don't know how to check the fuses to see if they're working, but the one fuse I can see when I lift up the playfield looks okay. Could it be a switch is stuck closed or something? Also, I forgot to mention that the gor and gar drop targets won't come back up when you knock them down.

#4 6 years ago

There are some fuses in the bottom right board in the head, one controls all the solenoids. Often you can tell just by looking, I'd it's burnt or snapped, but best to use a multimeter to check for continuity across the fuse.

#5 6 years ago

It was the fuse! I replaced it with a new one and all of the solenoids work again. It turns out that the solenoid fuse blew, but looked okay. Thanks for all the help! Only cost 75 cents and 30 seconds to fix it!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Charliequin:

It was the fuse! I replaced it with a new one and all of the solenoids work again. It turns out that the solenoid fuse blew, but looked okay. Thanks for all the help! Only cost 75 cents and 30 seconds to fix it!

This is why it's recommended to check fuses with a multimeter. It's easy, and it's accurate. Eyeballing doesn't always work, as you saw for yourself.

Glad it was an easy fix!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-kickers-outhole-jet-bumpers-and-kicker-hole-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.