• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150218_113534[1].jpg
20150217_220153[1].jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi ... My wife recently bought me Gorgar . and no doubt she was told it worked .. well it did come on ... I bought and installed Rottendogs 327 board seems to work fine unless my problem goes back to it, (I really doubt) im ordering a sound board sap. the problem I need help first is right kicker will work in diagnostic mode but not in play . this is my first pinball to actually own . and I don't understand much on servicing it . I have my manuals but seems mostly foreign lol also noticed during playing Gorgar on pinball app on android that my pit lights not working and since I had replaced the rubber and cleaned it I know the bulbs are good. thanks in advance

#2 9 years ago

What exactly are you referring to by "right kicker"?

#3 9 years ago

the two bumpers at the bottom that kicks the ball back after ball hits it . the one on the right .20150217_220153[1].jpg20150217_220153[1].jpg

#4 9 years ago

Check the copper switch that triggers it. When a ball hits your rubbers it closes a copper switch. It probably just needs adjusting so that it touches together when the ball hits the rubber.

#5 9 years ago

there working . I used dmm and closed the loop and there ok . here is what I found but still don't make much since and im not sure where they are lol . . if a special solenoid only works in game mode and not diagnostics, the problem has to be the 7408 chip or the PIA chip IC5. If the special solenoid only works in diagnostic mode and not game mode, the problem has to be the pullup 4.7k resistor (R1-R6), the 7408 chip, or the playfield switch (and associated cap/resistor on the switch) or connector for the playfield switch. wish I had a playfield schematic to locate the parts for sure

20150218_113534[1].jpg20150218_113534[1].jpg
#6 9 years ago

ask and you shall receive. IPDB.org is an awesome resource.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1062/Gorgar_Manual.pdf

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Punkknott:

there working . I used dmm and closed the loop and there ok . here is what I found but still don't make much since and im not sure where they are lol . . if a special solenoid only works in game mode and not diagnostics, the problem has to be the 7408 chip or the PIA chip IC5. If the special solenoid only works in diagnostic mode and not game mode, the problem has to be the pullup 4.7k resistor (R1-R6), the 7408 chip, or the playfield switch (and associated cap/resistor on the switch) or connector for the playfield switch. wish I had a playfield schematic to locate the parts for sure

20150218_113534[1].jpg 243 KB

Try this. take the glass off and with a game started, press the rubber in on the right sling and see if that activates it. if it does, then it is definitely a switch adjustment issue. the contacts need to be closer together on those switches so they close when the ball makes contact with the rubber on that sling.

#8 9 years ago

already tried it with no luck, but not sure if something is blown or wrong resistance the board is new shouldn't be it .

#9 9 years ago

thanks for the pdf but think its same as my books, thing is I don't see playfield bottom

#10 9 years ago

what parts are you specifically looking for?

#11 9 years ago

The ones I was looking for was the r1-r6 and 7408 thinking a resister board somewhere else but I looked it up and there showing them to be on mpu board and im using new rottendog board but may be resistor on switch failing maybe??? studying little more lol but at least I got part cleared up . if it was a resistor on a switch then shouldn't the switch without resistor work?

#12 9 years ago

ran switch test (#3) and don't show any code so not stuck switch

#13 9 years ago

There is no schematic for the playfield due to complexity and the ability to determine wiring by individual matrices.

So the right (kicker)sling fires during solenoid test but the switches do not fire the sling while in
game mode.

Make sure you have cleaned the switches. Try soaking a part of a business card in alcohol to clean the contacts. Regardless of your switch contact continuity test result.

The right kicker driver is Q10 and 2J13 Pin 8, trigger 8.

Then if the the switches do not work, next suspect a continuity problem between the switch and the
board, bad contact with 2J13 or a faulty ground on the switch wiring. One end of the under playfield switches associated with the right kicker goes to ground. It is daisy chained with other switches. Does one end go to ground?

If yes then the other end of the switch should terminate driver board 2J13 Pin 8. Do you have continuity to this pin. Then check from the switch to a component on the board R5 to eliminate
the connector as part of the problem.

If you ground 2J13 Pin 8 the Q10 trigger, with the game in play mode, does the kicker then fire? If yes, the problem is wiring or connector related. If no, there is board component problem.

#14 9 years ago

Check the wires going to the kicker switches. Give a little tug on them and see if one comes off with little effort. If they're ok, then time to check continuity from the switches to the board.
One thing to remember is that special solenoid activation switches are not on the switch matrix and do not show up during switch test.

#15 9 years ago

well ... found that the orange-green wire after the connection plug in the back glass box has been cut and reconnected but thing is between the plug where the connection is and the plug on the board there is no continuity ... should I make a jumper?

#16 9 years ago

thanks all ... it was a broken wire. l patched wire up to board and works fine . must been broken somewhere in the tightly packed harness . now I need to fix snake pit lights . and order my soundboard . has anyone had experience with the soundboard from Kohout Enterprises?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gorgar-kicker-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.