Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by nosmr2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FD0070F9-F695-4B2A-A77E-607C772B8454 (resized).jpeg
5BB83D96-76E1-4021-9E46-F78D57A2C5ED (resized).jpeg

#1 8 days ago

I picked up a Gorgar in pretty good shape a few weeks ago. A handful of lights at the bottom of the playfield were not working; the shoot again, bonus when lit and the multipliers just above the flippers. I replaced all with LEDs and they burnt out in a few minutes. You could see the brightness in these fluctuating prior to sizzling and burning out.

I've cleaned the sockets, replaced the sockets, tested the diodes, tested voltage to those sockets (the same as the sockets that don't kill bulbs) and replaced with incandescent bulbs (those did last about 5 minutes.)

Any suggestions where to look at this point?

#2 8 days ago
Quoted from nosmr2:

Any suggestions where to look at this point?

Something shorting higher power to those sockets occasionally ? Might be hard to do, but get a meter on it when brightness sizzling happens and see what is going on.

LTG : )

#3 8 days ago

It takes a lot longer for a bulb to burn out while you're waiting for it. But it fluctuated between 7.2 and 9.2, sometimes spiking as high as 10 volts, then was 9.3 when it burnt out.

#4 8 days ago
Quoted from nosmr2:

But it fluctuated between 7.2 and 9.2, sometimes spiking as high as 10 volts, then was 9.3 when it burnt out.

If you can't figure out where the spike is coming from, stick 12 volt leds in there.

#5 8 days ago
Quoted from nosmr2:

It takes a lot longer for a bulb to burn out while you're waiting for it.

If you could measure voltage at the board going to those sockets. Would help sort out board issue or something in the wiring to the sockets causing it.

#6 4 days ago

I removed the connector from the board and measured. Zero volts from the pin the yellow wire with brown stripe plugs in to. The other pins were around 5.5-6.

The PO installed the Rottendog board.

5BB83D96-76E1-4021-9E46-F78D57A2C5ED (resized).jpegFD0070F9-F695-4B2A-A77E-607C772B8454 (resized).jpeg
#7 3 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you can't figure out where the spike is coming from, stick 12 volt leds in there.

No luck with 12v LEDs, no light at all

#8 3 days ago

How do #44 and #47 incandescent lamps behave in the game with the Rottendog board?

#9 3 days ago

I’ve only put #47 bulbs in the sockets that I’m having issues with, not totally functional ones. The PO replaced everything with LEDs. So I’m not sure how they should perform.

3 burnt out in a couple of days, the others work intermittently in the sockets I’m trying to trouble shoot.

#10 3 days ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How do #44 and #47 incandescent lamps behave in the game with the Rottendog board?

No issues at all on my Firepower.

#11 3 days ago

That voltage is too high. What is the voltage on your power supply at fuse F3?

-Hans

#12 1 day ago
Quoted from HHaase:

That voltage is too high. What is the voltage on your power supply at fuse F3?
-Hans

A steady 9.7

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 22.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 279.00
€ 60.00
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 50.00
$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside